Newbie from Mississauga with ???? who knows what? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 01-11-2011, 11:23 AM   #15

Name: Andrew
Trailer: Modified Trillium Jubilee
Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry View Post
I can tell you this it's not a Boler (too Square) Any radar will be quick to pick you up hmmm maybe that's why they painted it that color.
Where are all the ports for Water, Electric and exhaust for furnace?
Looks like you got some work ahead of you but just keep pluging along and you'll get it done but most important enjoy doing it.
Great to have you along.
Gerry
After looking at bunch of pix, I'm convinced that the shell came from the mould of Trillium Jubilee. Furnace exhaust is in the back, in the middle but that's not where it originally was. Electric is on the left side, by the wheel. All others are covered. There are some remains of wiring for electric brakes but the current axle / hubs have non brakes. It's OK. My TV is Buick Rainier and when I was towing the trailer in, I had to keep remanding myself that there is something attached to the hitch. Compared to a stick and siding trailer and a pop-up I towed more than once, this thing is light like a feather and (in my head) I'll be adding not much more weight to it than removing.
Despite the relatively square look, it also offered surprisingly little wind resistance. It should be even better once I mount the axle under the leaf springs.
Ever noticed that the stealth planes have plenty of flat surfaces? I should be perfectly safe from the radar!

Old 01-11-2011, 11:47 AM   #16

Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy hammond View Post
Don't change the colour!!! Check out KIJI adds in Kawartha lakes here in Lindsay There is lots of used trailer parts if you need any. Good luck with the project
Oh, the colour will be changed! In July 209 we've seen, in New Brunswick (close to Hopewell Rocks) a pink Boller or maybe Trillium pulled by a pink classic, we foaled in love with the idea of having a small FG trailer in the colour of our car. Now, we have a silver Rainier so, the trailer will be silver as well. Granted, the set will not be as pretty as what we have seen but, we hope for it to be an eye candy.

Old 01-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #17

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
I win, I win!

I actually went through all the campers in the albums and could not find that little jog in the fiberglass over the tire that your trailer has (For that matter, I could not find the picture you see, Andrew, of the Trillium Jubilee.). So I checked, using my friend Google, and found this image. This trailer has that little element in the fiberglass exactly like your camo camper, Andrew.
At some point, I must have seen a Trillium like this variety.
And, I am glad you are painting it to match your car. Someday, I hope to have a VW pickup that matches my Uhaul.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
Trillium Jubilee.jpg  
Old 01-11-2011, 06:11 PM   #18

Name: Cindy
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Silver Cloud
Illinois
Registry
Darn it. The hubby pointed out that I was not the first one to call Trillium. I obviously missed your post, Emily R.

CindyL
Old 01-11-2011, 11:23 PM   #19

Name: Rusty
Trailer: 84 Burro 13 ft
Washington
Mmmmm! For whatever reason I am not able to see a picture ?
Old 01-11-2011, 11:47 PM   #20

Trailer: 1975 Trillium 13 ft (Fluffer-Nugget)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Darn it. The hubby pointed out that I was not the first one to call Trillium. I obviously missed your post, Emily R.

CindyL
I'm willing to share the glory!
Old 01-12-2011, 05:55 AM   #21

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Baker View Post
The picture is not part of FiberglassRVs uploads. It's been linked from an offsite host: http://www.fotocanada.ca/Ods%20and%2...r/PIC_0144.JPG

It appears the picture(s) have been taken down from that site? Or there's something wrong with that host...

Or this could be a hiccup from the software update. I see TechAmin is currently logged in... maybe it will get fixed soon.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #22

Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Baker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
The picture is not part of FiberglassRVs uploads.
>>>snip>>>
It appears the picture(s) have been taken down from that site? Or there's something wrong with that host...
>>>snip>>>.
Sorry, it was me - I was downsizing the files and they got renamed and than I ended up with doubles on my server and than I removed wrong doubles and than it appeared OK on my computer but I didn't refresh so it wasn't OK for everybody else and than... you get the picture... I mean that now they should be displaying OK
Normally, pix that I include in forum posts I host my own website www.FotoCanada.ca but it makes sense to load some here instead.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #23

Oregon
I see the pictures now. Yes, if the pictures are uploaded here, they will be maintained in the archives no matter what happens to your site. We've seen plenty of hosting sites go away over the years and we lost the pictures.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:53 AM   #24

Ontario
Registry
Quote:
I see the pictures now. Yes, if the pictures are uploaded here, they will be maintained in the archives no matter what happens to your site. We've seen plenty of hosting sites go away over the years and we lost the pictures.
FotoCanada is not a hosting site - it's my personal hobby site so, I'm not too worried about it "going away". I tried to load couple pix but my CP does not have any link to create an album as described by FAQs Going to albums as such I can but when I try to log in, it refuses my username / pass for the forums so, maybe it's something different. Maybe because I'm new here. "Gallery" displays that it's down for maintenance so... maybe I figure it out after but, it may be way easier for me to have my images hosted on my own site.
Hmm, this may work?

In the pix below, there should be a cut up frame. Front section sitting upright. The old receiver still needs to come off. Rear section sitting upside down with the middle section in the background. That middle section was the "extension" that now will be removed. Lots of grinding and welding to come.
The axle still have the springs over but the U bolts are now loosened. Need to take springs completely off and clean the rust and paint the axle.
Bearings must've been recently replaced because the grease is not too bad and after adjusting the wheel is spinning smoothly and effortlessly but, whoever put the bearings in had little clue about doing it. There was over a turn of play on the nut and the cotter pin was not secured - the grease cup was holding it in place. After I removed the grease cup, it simply slid out of the crown nut In any case, I will be cleaning and re-packing these bearings. Who knows what grease they used
Attached Thumbnails
20110112_120748_sm.JPG   20110112_120918_sm.JPG  

20110112_120734_sm.JPG  
Old 01-12-2011, 02:12 PM   #25

Oregon
Andrew, the gallery or albums you see linked from the home page are adminstered by the moderators/admins of FiberglassRV. They're not open for members uploads. The purpose of the albums is to show as nearly stock from the factory trailers as possible, rather than one highly modified by an owner, they are brand albums, not member albums. The hope is when someone is looking to buy, they won't be disappointed when seeing a bone stock trailer.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:51 PM   #26

Ontario
Registry
Quote:
Andrew, the gallery or albums you see linked from the home page are adminstered by the moderators/admins of FiberglassRV. They're not open for members uploads. The purpose of the albums is to show as nearly stock from the factory trailers as possible, rather than one highly modified by an owner, they are brand albums, not member albums. The hope is when someone is looking to buy, they won't be disappointed when seeing a bone stock trailer.
Thanks for the explanation. Makes sense. It was the FAQ that got me confused. At Fiberglass RV - FAQ: User Profile Features
It states
"As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'."
In any case, I found how to post a pix as an attachment so all is fine.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #27

Ontario
Registry
Few more pix of what I'm up against...

Most, if not all of the crappy woodwork has to come out. That includes the rotten sections of the floor and glassed in section of the plywood that covers the raised portion of the ceiling. Can't do anything now - the shell is on flimsy supports waiting for the frame.
Attached Thumbnails
20110112_162745_sm.JPG   20110112_162802_sm.JPG  

20110112_162810_sm.JPG   20110112_162819_sm.JPG  

20110112_162827_sm.JPG   20110112_162848_sm.JPG  

Old 01-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #28

Name: Bruce T
Trailer: Compact jr
Indiana
Registry
Now thats a project!...keep the pics rolling in!