No Outback Trillium sales in America??? None except U.S. Airforce??? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #21

Trailer: 81 Trillium 5500 (Pearl)
Talking

Quote:
***the ones with only a porta-potti under the front dinette***

How do you avoid hurting the noggin when using the facliities? OUCH!
Those models were built for REALLY short campers.
Kathy & Doug Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:18 PM   #22

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
The 2008 model on the front page of http://trilliumrv.com/ sure looks nice. Anyone else please share your experience with Trillium Canada or Sacramento. When conversation goes to private messages I always wonder what user expereinces I am missing out on Thanks for posting your experience lloyd. 15 grand big purchase decision.
My sending a PM had nothing to do with my experiance of owning and using a 2004 Trillium, bathroom model. The unit worked well and i have nothing bad to say about it.
I would however like to point out that the Trillium bodies are made somewhere around Lethbridge Alberta Canada. I had a face to face meeting with Joe at Trillium and he explained to me that he had/is sending trailer bodies to the US maker. Other than that they have nothing in common. The shop in Calgary is just to put all the fixturies in.
In the RVWEST Magazine i get they actively advertize as do the Scamp makers. Here is what my Trill looked like. I have since sold it and now own a 17FT Escape which is for sale.
Attached Thumbnails
Trill_new.jpg  
Old 08-07-2008, 05:27 PM   #23

Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
Quote:
Adrian, I copied this from discoverohio.com when they discuss Salt Fork St. Park:

In the springtime, Salt Fork State Park hosts a spectacular natural display of wildflowers. Wild geranium, violets, asters, goldenrod and Ohio’s state flower, the trillium , carpet forest floors and meadows.

Granted, the site you found states that the Ohio flower is the scarlet carnation, but many sources claim that it is the trillium...granted it is confusing but I wasn't dreaming when I referred to as our state flower.

Lloyd
The SFSP web site is wrong; the Trillium is NOT the state flower, it is the state WILD flower according to:

Lawriter - ORC - 5.02 State flower.
5.02 State flower. The scarlet carnation is hereby adopted as the state flower as
a token of love and reverence for the memory of William McKinley. ...
codes.ohio.gov/orc/gp5.02 - 4k - 2008-08-07 - Cached

Lawriter - ORC - 5.021 State wild flower.
5.021 State wild flower. The plant trillium grandiflorum, commonly known
as the large white trillium, found in every Ohio county ...
codes.ohio.gov/orc/gp5.021 - 4k - Cached
[ More results from codes.ohio.gov/orc ]
Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 07:51 PM   #24

Trailer: 2009 13 ft Trillium (USA)
Pete, great research....I stand corrected....Ohio's state wildflower is the trillium and it's state flower is the scarlet carnation......I am falling in love with this General Chat forum....people who love to do research....thank God for the internet...

Thanks Pete,

Lloyd
lloyd cicetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:44 PM   #25

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Lloyd, the site I sent was saying they wanted to change it to the scarlet carnation?
I looked on the http://consumer.discoverohio.com/ But could not find the trillum listed or any state flower. Non the less, I believe you about the trillum, from the photos of them, I would not want to change it. Neat flower. I have just read the post about it being the state wild flower. Whatever! It is a neat flower.
And they must have gotten the s. carnation in as well, "The scarlet carnation is hereby adopted as the state flower......".
2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:04 PM   #26

Trailer: 1976 Trillium 13 ft
I have contacted (by email) both the Canada and USA Trillium Manufacturers and they were both very helpful. I have seen a couple of Trillium Outbacks for sale in the USA so I think they have sold to the US direct in the past.

Trilliums Rock =)
Booker B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #27

Trailer: 81 Trillium 5500 (Pearl)
Talking

Quote:
... Trilliums Rock =)
What Booker said.......
Kathy & Doug Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 11:40 AM   #28

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
Llyod

I'm not sure where you live in Ohio but I live in Dayton. I have a 13 ft Trillium which has been torn apart for years. It is not for sale but if you were just looking to see the size and fit I would love to show you mine. I am active duty Air Force and am still going to college full time so my time is very limited, just ask my wife. I'm originally from Tiffin Ohio and I also have a 13 ft U-haul there if you would like to see it as well. The U-haul is in better condition but I love my Trillium better. My friend had bought the U-haul but decided he wanted an A-frame camper so I bought it from him. I would like to buy a Escape 5th wheel but can't afford that for awhile, I still would not sell my trillium.

Just trying to be helpful
Steve
Steve DeWeese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:35 PM   #29

Trailer: 2009 13 ft Trillium (USA)
Steve,

Awesome, We are headed for North Manitou Island tomorrow (Michigan) and would love to see a real Trillium when we get back. Funny you should mention the U-Haul. I just did a lot of investigating on that too. Nice mold. It is a shame that so many of these "eggs" bit the dust so early. I don't know what it is about the Trillium but for some reason it keeps coming at me more that other models. I must say that the 17ft Casita was a sweet home but it is more than we need. We are used to a lightweight tent. A 15ft. Trill is all we need. We would love to see both your rigs. Now we don't have to go to Tennessee in the fall when there is a rally.

Please send me your e-mail address so we can correspond. It is pretty hard to find this kind of thing in Ohio isn't it?

Thanks again,

Lloyd
lloyd cicetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:15 PM   #30

Trailer: 1978 Trillium 13 ft
I sent you a message with phone numbers and e-mail address. Have a nice trip and call or e-mail when ever you want.
Steve
Steve DeWeese is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium