no stove? - Fiberglass RV

Old 12-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #1

Name: Paul
Trailer: Escape 19
Georgia
no stove?

New to rving and have just discovered the LIL Snoozy. I was very impressed with the design and light weight since I have a midsize truck. But the thought has just struck me, other then a microwave how do you heat up a meal?Do folks use hotplates?

Old 12-07-2013, 08:21 PM   #2

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Hot plates when connected to 110 volts, and perhaps a coleman portable propane stove when not. I am seriously looking at Lil Snoozy but will have propane equipment ready option added for stovetop, water heater/furnace. I also would like the Hehr double pane windows in the crank-out style in place of the single pane sliders.
Dave & Paula

Old 12-07-2013, 08:54 PM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Are those options available from Lil Snoozy?
Old 12-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #4

Name: Dave & Paula Brown
Trailer: Lil Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
They are very flexible with building what you want.
Old 12-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #5

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
They come with dual plate hot plate.
They will pre-plumb for propane, or did.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #6

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
Michigan
We bought our EggCamper all electric and, after last winter, had a propane furnace & cooktop added locally. All electric is unusable in cold weather without any place to plug in. Going south last winter we had to do motels the first three nights until we could find open campgrounds. With propane you have the option to use it or not.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #7

Name: Jason
Trailer: Egg Camper
Tennessee
I was not worried about all electric until we stayed in sub 20F last thanksgiving. The heater was barely able to keep it livable and definitely not comfortable. And the hot plate quit so i think it is forcing our hand on installing gas appliances.

The plan is being pushed forward for stove and furnace, but water heater is being bumped down the list. We ended up using the camp ground facilities instead of squeezing into our shower and the electric heater kept up with dish washing etc.

We ended up using the microwave and our toaster oven/coffee maker combo for most of our meals. Not ideal but it worked out. We have a gas camp oven, but that's not going to work with the cold outside temps. And it is a little bulky for our situation.

Jason
Old 12-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #8

Trailer: Casita
Iowa
My Casita is working great right now for deer season using only electric at a campground. 14 deg and snow so no water but with 2 electric heaters and a microwave I'm a happy camper. Sept-November, when its 40-60deg, I boon dock at the farm with battery, gas water heater, furnace, and stove.

I really like the Egg Campers, so much that I plan to road trip to Michigan this week to look at them. I do believe the lack of gas appliances could eventually be a deal breaker.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #9

Name: Letitia
Trailer: 2011 Eggcamper
Florida
Registry
We have an electric skillet, and a single burner hot plate, along with the microwave.
2011 Eggcamper #106
Letitia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:35 AM   #10

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
In our Scamp we use our New Wave oven it works great and can make most anything. We took a chance buying from an infomerical but the thing works great. Easier to buy from the new wave site. We bought the large one for home and the small free one travels with us unless we are planning big and take the large one. No mess or stink inside the trailer.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:58 AM   #11

Name: Eddie
Trailer: 2014 Escape 21
Virginia
Even though we have a gas range DW doesn't like gas. We use an electric tea kettle for heating water. At first we used a regular hot plate but it was slow to heat the pan and you did not have a lot of control over the heat. We bought an induction hot plate and we really like it. It heats up fast and you can really control the heat. Just like cooking on gas but without the flame. One note, you have to have a pan with a iron or steel bottom to work with the induction range. You can find stainless pans with molded in steel bottoms which we use. A lot of times the induction hot plates come with their own pans.
Eddie
Old 12-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #12

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
and for only $79 you can get 2, just pay additional shipping and handling…..
Old 12-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #13

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 77 Scamp 13
Michigan
You can do an awful lot of cooking with an electric fry pan. Nice in the summer to keep the heat of cooking outdoors, in bad weather it works ok inside. It's a nice "one pot" to clean and store solution.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #14

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
We consider our time using the camper as 'camping'. We covered over the sink and stove top which created a nice wide shelf. We carry water from the campground tap and cook on the picnic table with a propane Coleman stove. Dishwater warms while we eat. Everyone finds what works for them. Important to us is the 3-way fridge and the furnace!