North to Alaska via the ALCAN? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2009, 10:52 AM   #41

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I live in the Yukon Territory... which you'll have to drive through to get into Alaska. Our portion of the Alaska Highway is in pretty good shape (it's mostly chip sealed). It starts to deteriorate as you get closer to Alaska (pot holes and construction). We have a LOT of campgrounds here, but they'e likely not the type you're used to... outhouses, no showers, but the wood is free! I would encourage anyone to make the trip, it's absolutely beautiful in this area. Just keep in mind that you'll have to do some real camping!

My boler fares very well on these roads!

Cheers,

Michelle
Michelle A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #42

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Whitehorse, I loved Whitehorse area. I stayed an extra day when on my trip in 2006.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:24 AM   #43

Trailer: Escape 17 ft Plan B
Quote:
Wow! We should have an Alaska egg sightings thread.
I'll be just a few days behind you and unless you are going via the Cassiar then we'll shift directions at Prince George.
This is my third trip... all of them different. This time its 16 day ferry trip from Pr Rupert to Skagway and then back home with lots of fishing everywhere!!! wheeee!.

Take a sign! and nail it in thee sign forest. I'll be putting one up for Best Friends animal sanctuary this time.
SIGN FOREST
Sounds like a plan. Actually our current schedule will have in Alaska (Fairbanks) arroound the 22nd July for a couple days and then Anchorage area for a week. We'll be travelling the Alcan Hwy. but will look out for you egg as we get close to AK.

Jerry
Jerry Cranford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:51 PM   #44

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Whitehorse, I loved Whitehorse area. I stayed an extra day when on my trip in 2006.
Glad to hear it you enjoyed your time in Whitehorse! Summer is short here, but it sure is pretty!
Michelle A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #45

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Quote:
Hi Ron and anyone else passing through Terrace this year

Would love to have you stop in for coffee on you way to Prince Rupert. Send me a private message and I'll send you our phone number and directions to our place. Happy travelling all.
I hate to burst your confidence but when I saw what a Grizzly did to a really, really big Oak tree sharpening his claws I figure my Burro door would last maybe 1/2 second.
But it is better than canvas. Maybe bears are allergic to fiberglass? Hope hope.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote