Not All Scamp Adventures are Good. - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-18-2015, 02:38 PM   #1
Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Not All Scamp Adventures are Good.

Here's my story and I'm sticking to it.
On Thursday morning (early morning) it felt like I was having a pretty strong Pleurisy attack. Since it's chest pains it's always a good idea to get it checked. So off to ER we go. After several tests EKG, X-Ray, Blood tests, there was no indication of any heart involvement. I figured they about to release and I was off. But, no this ER Quack was confident I was having a hart attack. I told him I'd been through this more than once, but he wanted more and more expensive tests done. I said NO. Signed a paper and left.
Our plan had been to head to UTAH and their National Parks, Off we go, figuring the Pleurisy would run its course and everything would be good. Spent the night in a rest area just inside Idaho. Headed across the state in morning. Almost to Mountain Home stopped for breakfast. Felt like I was getting better. After breakfast we out there was a bigger travel trailer parked really close to me. Anne says somebody hits us. (Pictures below) It appears this guy pulled in the wrong direction and pulled out tried to make that greater than 90 turn and hit my trailer with his. Worse yet he had is steps out. I didn't feel so good any more.
After getting as much information out of him as I could we headed back home.
Tuesday morning I still not feeling good so I called my doctor's office, the only help they could give was back to ER. Same tests as before, however this time "heart isn't involved". That's more like it. Pneumonia was diagnosis oh oh. Anne had to deal with insurance companies for trailer while I tried to get better. Two days later they let me out with a couple new meds. Looks like UTAH is going to have to wait a while. Maybe next year.

Looks like that the insurance adjusted is on his way to look at the trailer. Maybe soon we'll be through with the whole ordeal.
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN2963.jpg   DSCN2964.jpg  

Byron & Anne enjoying the everyday Saturday thing.
Byron Kinnaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 02:57 PM   #2
Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 Std
Sorry to hear of your misfortunes, Byron.

Hope both you and the Scamp are back in tip-top shape soon.

Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:03 PM   #3
Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2005 Casita Spirit 17
British Columbia
Oh no, what a fiasco. Hope you and the Scamp are all better soon and your adventures continue.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:30 PM   #4
Name: Rich
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13D
Best wishes to you and your Scamp as you both are mending toward better times and some great travels.
Rich G. and Val F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:37 PM   #5
Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Adrian had a good post about back pain that turned out to be a bypass. It came to mind if anyone else is interested reading. Good info there.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 03:59 PM   #6
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Wow Byron. Looks like the bear ate you this time. The trailer looks like its fixable and in years to come you'll have a good story at the camp fire. As long as you stay out of that hospital, you'll mend too. Look on the bright side. The government is going to shut down on Oct 1 and you'd be stuck in a Walmart parking lot. In Utah. Where it's hot..... Get healthy and keep us posted. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 04:43 PM   #7
Name: Clif
Trailer: 08 Weiscraft Little Joe 14 Subaru Outback 2.5i CVT
Glad to hear you're OK Byron.
The Minimalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:08 PM   #8
Name: Eric
Trailer: Scamp 13
Ouch. I hope you feel better soon. Best wishes.
ericw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:17 PM   #9
Name: Wendy Lee
Trailer: Scamp 13' Standard
New York
I'm so sorry Byron. The Scamp has an ouchie and so do you. That's double trouble. I hope you feel your old self soon and that your scamp gets healed quick too. All my very warmest wishes for a return to perfect health, Wendy

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
CampyTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:36 PM   #10
Name: Kathy
Trailer: 1987 Bigfoot B17
Oh gosh, I'm reminded of that old saying that "when it rains, it pours". First you have health problems, then your trailer gets whacked. So sorry that you got hit with a double whammy. Hope that both you and the trailer will soon be all mended and ready for new adventures.
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 07:37 PM   #11
Name: Emily
Trailer: Scamp
Oh no! So sorry that happened and that you are sick on top of it. Hopefully you'll be better soon and so will your Scamp. What a bummer
emij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:26 PM   #12
Name: Charles
Trailer: Scamp 16
One thing about it, the Scamp is a lot easier to fix than we are. Glad no one was hurt and that you are on the mend. Please continue to take care of yourself so you can get that Utah trip under your belt!
(sitting in the rain in a KOA near Akron Ohio)
cmartin748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 02:47 PM   #13
Name: Kathleen (Kai in Seattle)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973
So sorry to hear about the triple troubles! Hope things are much better very soon!
Kai in Seattle
Kai in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:11 PM   #14
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Sorry you're feeling punky Byron. Utah will wait for you.

Just be glad you don't have a shiny, aluminum-skinned something-or-other. That would be big bucks to fix!

Feel better soon!

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote