Not for Sale! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2016, 01:27 PM   #21

Name: To Infinity & Beyond!
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul VT-16 Vacationer, 1957 Avion R20 & 1977 Argosy 6.0 Minuet
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeser View Post
Do owners of stick built or larger trailers or 5th wheels get similar attention?

NO!
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 01:28 PM   #22

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai in Seattle View Post
Good advice. Get a stupid price and be ready just in case. Problem solved no matter how you slice it.
I agree.

After thinking about it for a while, I came up with my stupid price. That is the price I was thinking it would be worth when I finished my restoration. As a bonus I would throw in all the parts I have acquired but yet to install.

My loss would be the potential labour of love. I've got the other trailer as a backup.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 06:51 AM   #23

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Not for Sale!

The difficulty of even finding one for sale, let alone one as clean and sound as the one I have means my stupid price would have to be the cost of a brand new one delivered to Arizona plus tax and registration and enough extra to compensate for loss of use while we waited for Scamp to build it.

And if anyone actually bit on such an absurd price, then I would be immediately suspicious that some kind of fraud was intended.

Can't say I've really had any serious offers. Many curious lookers, and occasionally someone feeling me out to see if I'm a soft target for a lowball offer. With the former I'm always happy to share my love of egg trailers, and if they ask I am frank with them about the market and true values. But with the latter mentioning any price, stupid or otherwise, is merely an invitation to time-wasting counter-offers.

All to say I'll stick with a polite but firm "not for sale."
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016, 07:22 AM   #24

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeser View Post
Similar to what Byron Kinnaman stated we had a number of people wanting to look at our previous Bigfoot 17.5CB while traveling, not so much with our larger Bigfoot 21RB. Although we have hardly used the later. I wonder, is it the size of the trailer or how it's made (molded fiberglass) that attracts so much attention? Do owners of stick built or larger trailers or 5th wheels get similar attention?
I suspect it's a combination of cuteness and novelty that intrigues people.

We just got our Casita 17, and haven't had it out yet, so haven't experienced the 'Not for Sale' visitors. But this thread has got me thinking about a 'stupid price'. Let's see: considering how hard it was to find a used Casita before someone else snapped it up, a minimum would be the cost of a new one delivered from the factory. Or maybe a 19' Escape? Or. . . how about enough to buy me a new crew-cab pickup and a Bigfoot 5th wheel camper?

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote