Not once, but TWICE in less than an hour! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2009, 05:30 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 16 ft Scamp
I was packing up to leave Lake Livingston State Park today and a woman drove by and hung her head out the window and said "I love your trailer, it's just perfect!"

Then, the nice fellow who helped me back into my space at Escapees, once I was safely in my spot, said "I love your little trailer, it's perfect."

Soooo....my, my dog (Goof) and my Scamp are full of pride today! Just had to brag you know!
Monica M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 05:44 PM   #2

Trailer: 2008 Oliver Legacy Elite
Registry
Yes, Monica,
It's one of "those things"..... One day, it took us four hours to get out of our campsite in a state park in TN... Our eggs, so very familiar to us, are unusual to the uninitiated. We always have a lot of curiosity seekers... You must, for yourself, decide with whom you will share your home.

Wishing you the best in your travels,
and following your posts,

Sherry
SherryNPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Yes, Monica,
It's one of "those things"..... One day, it took us four hours to get out of our campsite in a state park in TN... Our eggs, so very familiar to us, are unusual to the uninitiated. We always have a lot of curiosity seekers... You must, for yourself, decide with whom you will share your home.

Wishing you the best in your travels,
and following your posts,

Sherry
LOL, yep, I am loving it. Neither of these folks asked to see inside, but I have given three tours, one to a Casita owner I "found" at South Llano River State Park and one to some nice folks camped next to me at Lake Livingston and one to a guy that works the railroad and travels a lot and wanted to see it, says it would be way cheaper than staying in rooms. I don't mind as long as they aren't creepy and I am settled and organized. I am finding many nice people who travel a lot out and about. I knew I would, keeping my eye out for the creepy ones still...LOL.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:19 PM   #4

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
monica,

you might find a pair of well worn men's slippers and an old pipe casually left on the doorstep of your trailer may discourage anyone with less than good intentions. both can be found at a thrift shop. anyone just nosy and not creepy can be told that "tom" or "george" will be right back if you do not feel comfortable with them.
potteralice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:06 AM   #5

Quote:
monica,

you might find a pair of well worn men's slippers and an old pipe casually left on the doorstep of your trailer may discourage anyone with less than good intentions. both can be found at a thrift shop. anyone just nosy and not creepy can be told that "tom" or "george" will be right back if you do not feel comfortable with them.
So far I have another chair and old men's boots outside. I was raised around creepy people (long story) and can spot them pretty well, I think. I talk to "him" who's not in the trailer sometimes too...lol. So far so good, having a great time, feel really safe here at Escapees for the time being. Will keep you all posted!
Old 04-25-2009, 03:55 AM   #6

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Monica, you will find that people will come up to you before you finish setting up. I used respond to people until one day I forgot to chock the tires and the trailer started to move as I raised it off the Jeep. Luckily the chocks were handy so I quickly put them under the tires. I've also forgotten to turn the refrigerator on.

What I do now is politey tell people that I'd be happy to discuss and show them my Scamp but they'll need to either wait a minute or come back after I finish setting up.

I have a routine that I do faithfully:

1. level the trailer side to side
2. chock the tires
3. disconnect from the tug
4. level trailer front to back deploying rear stabilizers
(simplest way is to take the trailer to level then lower the front about 10 to 12 cranks deploy the rear stablizers
and then crank the trailer back up to level. Give a couple of kicks to the stabilizers and if no movement you're
done .)
5. connect electricity
6. turn the refrigerator on to 110
7. connect water
8. turn on propane
9. connect to sewer
10. Put up satellite dish

I reverse the process for travel.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 08:50 AM   #7

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Oh Monica, and your just getting started! LOL................... You will have people approach you in gas stations, mini marts, grocery store parking lots, as well as just about every campground you go into, etc. Lots of Thumbs ups! traveling down the road. Sometimes I swear it takes forever to get to your next destination cause people just have to talk to you and peek in. I can't imagine what it's like for the eggs that are unusual, rare, tricked out. Cause, when a newer cookie cutter egg gets so much attention, you know that those rare, unusual, tricked out eggs must be inundated with lookie lou's!

Last year in of all places, Montana I had this Lumber Jack type Montana Mountain Man come running at me from across a parking lot, Miss, Miss, is that a Casita? I was like HELLO, Casita is written all over it! Any way, he turned out to be a egg admirer and was very nice, just surprised me when a 6'7 mountain man was so gushy over a little fiberglass trailer. LOL........... Enjoy your travels! Robin
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:36 AM   #8

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
Oh Monica, and your just getting started! LOL................... You will have people approach you in gas stations, mini marts, grocery store parking lots, as well as just about every campground you go into, etc. Lots of Thumbs ups! traveling down the road. Sometimes I swear it takes forever to get to your next destination cause people just have to talk to you and peek in. I can't imagine what it's like for the eggs that are unusual, rare, tricked out. Cause, when a newer cookie cutter egg gets so much attention, you know that those rare, unusual, tricked out eggs must be inundated with lookie lou's!

Last year in of all places, Montana I had this Lumber Jack type Montana Mountain Man come running at me from across a parking lot, Miss, Miss, is that a Casita? I was like HELLO, Casita is written all over it! Any way, he turned out to be a egg admirer and was very nice, just surprised me when a 6'7 mountain man was so gushy over a little fiberglass trailer. LOL........... Enjoy your travels! Robin

Wasn't the Egg at all.....I'm sure it was just your beauty that drew him in.
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 09:34 AM   #9

LOL Keith!

Ya Think? hmmmmmmmmm Not so sure! This is a pic of me most days, Judge for yourself.................. LOL
Attached Thumbnails
image013.jpg  
Old 04-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #10

Trailer: 1974 Boler 13 ft (Neonex/Winnipeg)
Quote:
... come running at me from across a parking lot, Miss, Miss, is that a Casita? I was like HELLO, Casita is written all over it!
Raya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:55 AM   #11

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
LOL Keith!

Ya Think? hmmmmmmmmm Not so sure! This is a pic of me most days, Judge for yourself.................. LOL
The older I get, the more "beauty" becomes relative.

BTW, anybody that has my personal E Mail, please send me another E mail cause something happened while I was gone yesterday and I lost everything in my OUTLOOK file. Addresses, personal folders, Contact list, and all. I'm sick!!!!

I'm now in the process of hooking up with that CARBONITE file saver program. Don't mean this to be a commercial but this is just one too many times having this happen.

EKW
Keith Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:07 PM   #12

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Quote:
LOL Keith!

Robin, What were you doing in my photo album??

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:23 PM   #13

Name:   image001.gif
Views: 15
Size:  34.0 KB
Pam, LOL..........................................

How are you? Haven't seen you around in forever. Hope all is well.
Old 04-30-2009, 04:35 PM   #14

Trailer: 1960 28 ft Airstream
Quote:
Attachment 19823
Pam, LOL..........................................

How are you? Haven't seen you around in forever. Hope all is well.
Robin...Stop!! Stop!!! Where did you get that picture of my Husband!!
I have been doing some travel for work, and brought the wrong adapter!!
I have one of those netbooks, and love it, but you can't just pick up a silly adapter for it at radio shack!

Pam
Pamela H is offline   Reply With Quote