O/T ....A WARNING! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2007, 11:32 AM   #1

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
I heard last night and today that "they" are predicting a MAJOR earthquake up here in the Pacific North West sometime within the next week or two!!!

Parking our two hot-rods outside (to prevent possible damage) is OUT OF THE QUESTION and if worse comes to worse, we can live in our Trillium or the tent trailer till things do return to 'normal'.

Todays project is to fill our gas cans with fresh gas, test fire two generators and replenish our bottled water supply. I'll have to remember to bring home some extra batterys from work to power the other necessities.....

Hoping this does NOT happen, I remain....
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:43 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
I think being prepared for any emergency is a VERY good thing. The American Red Cross has been advertising the three-day rule for years. Those of us with trailers are a lot more fortunate than those without mobile living arrangements.

I'm a child of the 1950s, lived through the cold war AND Y2K...along with being a Girl Scout. Being prepared and running scenerios through your mind is good. Being afraid of living each day to its fullest is not. If the BIG ONE should hit, I wish you and yours to be safe, everything else is just "stuff."

On edit: Please, please not tomorrow...my day is all planned out in front of the TV.

<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">GO BEARS</span>
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:06 PM   #3

Trailer: U-Haul 16 ft Vacationer
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Quote:
I think being prepared for any emergency is a VERY good thing. The American Red Cross has been advertising the three-day rule for years. Those of us with trailers are a lot more fortunate than those without mobile living arrangements.

I'm a child of the 1950s, lived through the cold war AND Y2K...along with being a Girl Scout. Being prepared and running scenerios through your mind is good. Being afraid of living each day to its fullest is not. If the BIG ONE should hit, I wish you and yours to be safe, everything else is just "stuff."

On edit: Please, please not tomorrow...my day is all planned out in front of the TV.

<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%">GO BEARS</span>

It must be interesting to live where quakes fit into the daily living equation. Here in the Chicago area we are just suffering through temps around 0 and winds of 20 - 30 mph. COLD! Our big concern is keeping the pipes from freezing and not getting stuck out somewhere in the car.

As you said:

GO BEARS!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 01:27 PM   #4

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 1983 and 1972 Compact Jr (project)
Send a message via MSN to Larry&Carrie
Hmmm... Larry and I haven't heard a word about a earthquake. Although guess if it happens it happens. Hopefully Larry will be at home and not in Tacoma like he was for the last quake. We have two trailers or three if you count the moble home we live in. The scamp, then a 45 ft 5th wheel (also fiber glass) so guess we can live in any of them. In the moble home we cook with propane so there won't be a problem there.
Here's to being happy and safe..
Larry&Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 05:15 PM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Earthquake warning was on news last night.It says Vancouver Island in the line of fire.
Old 02-03-2007, 09:35 PM   #6

Trailer: 1975 13 ft Trillium
Registry
THIS JUST IN.....
"They" are now saying that the series of 'mini-events' that have been found at/near Van Is. have abbaited and the 'threat' has eased somewhat. ( I wonder how much faith can be put into that fact ?)

It seems also that the last few years, the island has been moving eastward toward the mainland and the the last few measurements say that the Is. has indeed reversed its path and is headed 'back out to sea'
Doug Mager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 10:45 PM   #7

Trailer: 74 13 ft Boler and 79 17 ft Boler
It sure is amazing that Vancouver Island does that......they didn`t give any numbers on how much the movement actually is.......wonder how often it changes direction.....Benny
Benny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:55 AM   #8

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
I havent heard a word either on this 'earthquake'....... I will hope and pray we wont have it tho..... will see if I can catch some news today on it....
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote