Off Topic-Foliage Related - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2007, 10:36 AM   #1

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Does anyone on this forum live in Northern Central Arkansas? I'm looking for an honest foliage report for our trip to Eureka Springs this weekend and when I call over there, they just say "yes, this weekend should be great"..................because they want the tourist trade.
Chris C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:43 AM   #2

Trailer: 2005 Scamp
Sorry I cant answer the foliage question, but while you are there at ES you really should go by and see the MO State Park Roaring River if you have not been there. You may even want to stay there and drive to ES. It is a great state park that is just 20 miles away.

Blair
McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:26 PM   #3

Trailer: 1987 13 ft Casita
My parents are in Fifty-Six, within a few miles of Blanchard Springs Caverns. He sent me a picture from the 19th of a car shelter but it shows lots of green trees in the background. I'll try to upload it here. I can try to get more info in the morning if I remember that long.

Paula
Attached Thumbnails
100_0431.jpg  
Paula Bindrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:02 AM   #4

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Paula,

That's certainly not far from Eureka. I spoke with the campground where we'll be staying and finally got hold of a little gal who told me she couldn't see any color from where she was standing....................but that there were a few small patches here and there as she drove to work that morning. Told me not to expect full color until the end of the first week of Nov or a little later. I've been trying to catch the Fall foliage "somewhere" for the past 3 years and have missed it by two weeks both sides no matter where I go!!!!! Oh well, I'm a young man and have a lot of years left to continue my quest!
Chris C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:17 PM   #5

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
You could check actual images from webcams, such as the ones from WeatherBug; if you find enough with trees in view, they might give a useful indication of current conditions. Of course, by the time you see peak colours, it will be too late to plan a trip... unless you can leave a short notice.

I find this amusing, since our colours are now shades of brown... the bright fall colours are long gone from around my house, and we're watching the sky for snow.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:24 PM   #6

Trailer: 2008 Casita 17 ft Sirit Deluxe
We were in Hot Springs up till this past Sunday and there was no color yet.
andy s is offline   Reply With Quote