OK, here's my new toy! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-04-2007, 09:58 AM   #21

Trailer: 2004 Bigfoot 17 ft ('Beastie')
Registry
Congratulations, Gina D! Good looking rig! Glad to hear the Libby pulls it well. Having suffered a pinion gear replacement, I would recommend the WDH.
BobB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:00 AM   #22

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul 13 ft
Gina, it's beautiful!
Patty S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:21 AM   #23

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
Gina, I'm sure I can speak for most of us with 13 footers in saying. We are jealous!!!
Terriffic find and looks great. Congratulations.
dsheets70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:22 AM   #24

Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17 ft / Honda Odyssey
Well, you've made a big leap up the food chain! Congratulations and am I ever glad I bought a bigger towing machine when I see enticements like yours!
Patrick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 10:57 AM   #25

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:

Thanks, I am happy! Getting it in my driveway this morning will be the final hurdle.

Roger, SWDH.. like THIS? Can a girly girl crank that arm down? That would be about the perfect size for this. And I am already straying into the "big" trailer things I was trying to avoid. A 20 minute hitch up was one of them.

91X sticker came with it LOL! That's OK, that was my station when I lived in San Diego.

PLUMBING gets checked today. I am not sure how to do it, other than fill the tanks and play. It will all be clean water, so I can dump in my driveway. I am anxious to see if the toilet flushes
First, if the black water tank has EVER been used... you might have a bit of a surprise for the "driveway dump".

91X rocked!

That's the little guy, and I'd suspect that one of your beagles could pull the lever! And lemme tellya, you haven't strayed into "big trailer" things yet at all! You're just dealing with towing a "little larger" trailer with a "little smaller" tow vehicle...

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:17 PM   #26

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
Gina, I am so proud for you! Just kick back and enjoy! I know the pups will like their new "diggs".
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:54 PM   #27

Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
Nice. Really nice! Use it in good health, Gina!
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:39 PM   #28

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Candi Woods
Congratulations, it's a boy!

It's a very nice looking trailer. It's makes me wonder why we try fitting two adults and the two nearly adolescent children into our 13fter. We have a very adequate screen room as overflow, though. Hmmm, might have to look into those 16 and 17ers since I now have a bigger vehicle to pull with.

Enjoy your newly found space.

Candi
Candi Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 02:52 PM   #29

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Candi,

There are two on ebay right now. One is a Boler, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BOLER-TRAVE...sspagenameZWDVW, expiring today. The other one is a Casita, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-Casita...sspagenameZWDVW, expiring in 6 days.

CindyL

PS: I am jealous too, but if I could convince the other half of a longer trailer, I would want a Burro. I assume that the longer ones are as tall as the shorter ones like I have, so that the hubby can stand in it.
Old 02-04-2007, 03:46 PM   #30

Trailer: 1991 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Very nice! That's just about what I'd like for some serious traveling.

Enjoy!
Lee Hillsgrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:34 PM   #31

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Cindy, it seems taller to me, but I am short LOL!

It fit in my driveway just fine, with plenty to spare. Car can go in with it and everything.

I have the 13 cleared out, and yes, you can fill in the bigger space rather quickly. I am still going to have to use tubs! At least the access to the cubbies is easier, and bigger. I loose all the nice stuff I had under the sink as there is a buncha infrastructure there, but I can manage.

The dogs seem to think it's fun. They have been sleeping around me working all morning.

Pictures when it's done. I just want to get stuff packed in for now.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:43 PM   #32

Trailer: Cadet 1985 / 2006 Element
Quote:
Here is "The McMansion" in the Big Bear convention center parking lot. (Yes, Big Bear has a convention center. Why? I haven't a clue )
Sounds like the perfect place for a Burro convention. It's a great looking trailer and we all are waiting for the interior photos. Here comes the dancin' okra!
DonInChatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:49 PM   #33

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Glad the move went well!

Sharp looking rig you got there lady!
Old 02-04-2007, 05:15 PM   #34

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Gina,

Good for you! Enjoy......

Sharon
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:42 PM   #35

Trailer: 1987 17 ft Burro

Wow, What a pretty Burro!! What I really like is the location of the roof A/C. Mine is where you have your wonderful roof vent/sunroof so it makes the area rght above the stove lower than anywhere else - and no vent there!! The roof A/C sits at a slant. Mr repair guy said I could not sit it in the middle, I think because of the seam. But, I guess he was WRONG!!

I can't tell, is yours cut in to the seam or sitting on top of it with a bracket?

Glad you got home okay. Told you the Jeep would pull like a champ.The first trip was a white knuckle scary one for us too!! Christi
Christi W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:31 PM   #36

Registry
Christi, I am poorly qualified to tell you ANYTHING about the AC, other than I did turn it on, and it does work

It does apeear to come thru the seam yes. Kurt said it sits kind of crooked. This is a factory install, so I am sure Burro thought you could put it there. It definately does not sit flush on the inside, but I see no evidence of leaking or any problem it causes.

Here is a pic of how it sits inside, if that helps.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bigburrodinette.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	6321

The big dinette in these is hard to photograph, it's practically in it's own room.
Old 02-04-2007, 07:34 PM   #37

Registry
Here is my favorite thing.. My big bright unused kitchen!

All I had to do with this thing, everywhere, including the bath, was give it a dusting and wipe down with 409.. didn't even have to scrub.
Attached Thumbnails
bigburrokitchen.jpg  
Old 02-04-2007, 07:39 PM   #38

Registry
Most folk with these leave the big room as a bed, and the front dinette up. I found the front area a bit too confining because of the bath placement, so I did the exact opposite. The big dinette remains, with a couple seats without the table in front of it, and I made the front dinette the bed, gaucho. As you can see, the dog approves. It's plenty big for just me, and provides a sofa area too.
Attached Thumbnails
bigburrobed.jpg  
Old 02-04-2007, 07:42 PM   #39

Registry
And, the new thing to me, the bath.. it is impossible to get in there to show the whole thing.. trust me, theres a toilet back there.
Attached Thumbnails
bigburrobath1.jpg  
Old 02-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #40

Registry
The whole trailer needs to be personalized. I have already done some.. but..

blue is not my thing. I have no choice with the cushions, they are new and it would be a shame to recover them completely. I have more of those large brown carpets and covered the rear seats in them. They don't slip and I don't mind if the dog gets on them.

The carpet will come out, and a wood floor will go in.

The curtains, I think I will dye hunter green, but I don't know if you can dye something that is already a color?

The bathroom needs some sort of medicine cabinet or cupbaord. What have others done?