OK, here's my new toy! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-04-2007, 07:51 PM   #41

Trailer: 1985 Scamp 13 ft
Send a message via Yahoo to Tirah
Quote:
And, the new thing to me, the bath.. it is impossible to get in there to show the whole thing.. trust me, theres a toilet back there.

Gina, your new trailer is so gorgeous, inside and out- and mansion really is the right descriptive word for it...thing is so spacious! You scored!
Tirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:55 PM   #42

Trailer: 2003 Casita Liberty Deluxe
Very nice, Gina! Looks like it's in great condition. It pays to be persistent!

Chris
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:06 PM   #43

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Quote:
...Glad to hear the Libby pulls it well. Having suffered a pinion gear replacement, I would recommend the WDH...
Sorry to hear about the axle problem, Bob, but a WDH is not the fix. The WDH will remove vertical load from the rear axle (and put it on the front and trailer axles), but the driving is still being done by the ring and pinion gears. Even if the Jeep is in full-time four wheel drive, the way the drive torque is split between the front and rear axles has nothing to do with the vertical load, unless you are spinning tires... which I hope isn't a normal trailer-towing state.

For vertical load on the axle to affect the drive gears, the axle housing would have to be bent, indicating a load well beyond the axle rating. Even then, it should be the differential gears, not the ring and pinion, which suffer.

Jeep has had problems with weak axles in some models, particularly the rear of the Grand Cherokee (where I guess they forgot they were putting in a big V8...), but I had not heard of issues with the Liberty. Maybe you just got a bad one, Bob.

The rear axle load is a factor to consider, and the only reason which I would consider using a WD system, such as Roger has suggested. It doesn't look low in the back to me, and if it needs to go up an inch air bags would handle that, but what is more important is the axle load, compared to the gross axle weight rating. If there's too much load on the rear axle, a WD system is needed.

I suppose the Burro is empty now (even of water), and axle load will be more of an issue with the water, propane, and cargo added. You will [b]weigh the axles and the tongue, right Gina?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:14 PM   #44

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Trillium
Jeeez, a three burner stove.......you can host a dinner party in there. And I expect an invitation!
Sharon Herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:14 PM   #45

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
Yes dear

Water is not an issue. I never tow ith it, regardless of the capacity. The most I would do is take the black and grey to a dump station as soon as possible.

All my "stuff" is in there now, it was a noticable change from yesterday when it was empty, but not horrible. I did a clear out the 13 real quick and just tossed in the 17. I hope it is distributed a little better now.

I am going to have to have the experts show me about the tanks and water systems.. I haven't a clue, and fear if I do it on my own the first time, it will look like a scene from "RV".
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:15 PM   #46

Trailer: Trillium 4500
So Burro is back in production? There is no WAY this is a used trailer! Looks like it was right off the lot. Jealousy is my ugliest emotion.
David Schroeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:15 PM   #47

Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler and 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
Registry
Yes you can dye material that is already a color. Rit has the info on their website. The problem would be the fiber content of the curtains. If they are polyester they won't take dye, if they are a poly blend they will take dye but not as well if they were all cotton.

I'll loan you a sewing machine.

Pee ess. I am green with envy.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:53 AM   #48

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Double sink?!! Wouldn't fit in ours because of the central vacuum unit.

Not knowing any better we always use the water system, starting out with empty tanks except for a full tank of Bull Run water. The water pump is next on my list of mods (to see if it can be throttled down from a dull roar).

The picture shows, just barely, a three-drawer plastic gizmo in the bathroom for toiletries. Just screwed to the interior hull. Surprisingly the drawers never open by themselves and there is a fair amount of space in there.

A long ways down my priority list is a floor-to-ceiling cabinet to replace it, with an opening to the front door area up to the level of the bathroom seat. Too difficult to access otherwise.

We don't have the bathroom sink (which I have seen put in the front corner on others). Therefore the seat is unencumbered and perfect for sitting and enjoying those extended sulking periods which everyone should have at one time or another.
Attached Thumbnails
Bathroom_grate.jpg  
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:01 PM   #49

Trailer: Boler 1984
Very, Very Nice.
Two thumbs up
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 12:36 PM   #50

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
We don't have the bathroom sink (which I have seen put in the front corner on others). Therefore the seat is unencumbered and perfect for sitting and enjoying those extended sulking periods which everyone should have at one time or another.
Contemplation, Per... it's for contemplation. Sulking doesn't become you.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:37 PM   #51

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Roger:

After receiving your correction I went out there and sat for a while and "sulked," contrarian that I am. But, from now on I'll just contemplate. Happy now?

Gina:

I normally like blue, but we have decided to "redecorate" with earthtones (curtains, comforter covers, and, wait for it......a dust ruffle!!)

It will cover the opening from the rear bed to the floor, hiding miscellaneous thingies. These past years I've noticed that when visitors tour the trailer they give us a sideways glance, as if saying: How long is it going to be before you get with it?

I'm hoping that this will help establish us as young and hip and on the cutting edge of modern technology. "It's not easy being old........."
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:05 AM   #52

Trailer: 2008 21 ft Bigfoot
Congratulations, Gina! The new Burro is beautiful. It is so slick and clean looking. I am interested in what you learn about installing a wood floor instead of the carpet. I looked into doing that with our 17' Burro this summer but wasn't sure how to deal with the overhang seam around the bottom of the floor. After consulting with some flooring folks, they advised against it because they said it would never lay well. Has anyone else put in a wood floor in a Burro?

Again! What a Beauty. You and the dogs will love it. I look forward to seeing it.

Charlene
Charlene Urso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:44 PM   #53

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1982
Gina-

Wow and Congratulations

I have been away from the forum for a while and had no idea you had found yourself a new Burro. We are so happy for you and of course a little jelous at the same time. In time we want to do the same thing and get the bigger Burro. Happy Camping!!!!

Ellen B.
BuzzardsBurro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 07:08 PM   #54

Trailer: 95 Lite House Trailer for Two
Wow, Gina!! Beautiful home! Mega congrats & many happy trails!

Bill & Pat
Bill&Pat is offline   Reply With Quote