OK, here's my new toy! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-03-2007, 11:33 PM   #1

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
It must be egg saving weekend! Lot's of us have switched and brought new babies home this week!

Here is "The McMansion" in the Big Bear convention center parking lot. (Yes, Big Bear has a convention center. Why? I haven't a clue )

Kurt did a fine job of helping me get him out of his den of many years, and after we got the rather unconventional and interestingly patched trailer wiring harness working......

It was relatively easy to get on the road! Kurt changed the tires and wheels (Note the shine, and thats WITHOUT the Baby Moon hubcaps on yet) The brakes worked, tho they need attention, adjustment and inspection, but it got me home without pushing or prodding. I felt safe with them as is.

The Jeep tugged it like it was a radio flyer. I was very stunned at how easy it towed. I figured I would have some strain, but no.

We are thinking weight distribution might be in order, you can see the Jeeps back end sag a little, but I shifted the load insiode and it improved it a smidge.

Anyway, here he is out of his prison and ready to get some minor attention and to a campground!
Attached Thumbnails
bigburro1.jpg  
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:36 PM   #2

Registry
And here it is on the business side. There is so much "Stuff" attached to this thing, I don't even remember what all of it is.

I don't think those things hovering over the top are rabbit ears tho. I am told it has a batwing antennea
Attached Thumbnails
bigburro2.jpg  
Old 02-03-2007, 11:38 PM   #3

Registry
He needs a bath REAL bad, but he was happy to be rolling again. These pics were taken about 5 mins after it was freed and pulled for the first time in over 2 years (Probably more).

Kurt thinks the tire cover was worth the purchase It's a collectors item!
Attached Thumbnails
bigburro3.jpg  
Old 02-03-2007, 11:41 PM   #4

Trailer: 1990 Bigfoot
Congrats Gina!
Andrea in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2007, 11:42 PM   #5

Registry
I didn't put this on! It came with the trailer, as is!

Name:   bigburroplate.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  28.1 KB

Inside pics tomorrow. I got home in the dark, the place I was going to store it at proved more difficult to get into than I wanted to mess with in the dark, so I have to go move it tomorrow.

Long story. I won't burden ya with it!
Old 02-03-2007, 11:48 PM   #6

Trailer: 2003 Casita Liberty Deluxe
Very nice! You are styling now!

Can't wait to see it! I think that we'll need to celebrate with a trip tip!
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 12:41 AM   #7

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody
Registry
Congratulations on getting it home safely! There is always something unexpected, it seems, when dealing with something like this for the first time.

Must seem huge in comparison to the 13 footer. That awning should be a helpful addition, also that dual parking lot light mounted on top.

Can't see the front. Is there a gravel shield over the window? The previous owner of mine ordered one for both front and rear (certainly not much chance of gravel damage in the rear, but useful for shade anyway).

McMansion: fitting name, but I hope the trans-fat has been removed.
Per Walthinsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:21 AM   #8

Trailer: Casita 17 ft and Casita 13 ft
Great looking trailer, Gina! I have to admit that I have been excited for you all day! Keep up the postings as we enjoy celebrating with you!

Patty
Patty C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 01:46 AM   #9

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Liberty Deluxe
Greast find Gina. Congratulations on your new home away from home...

You will probably find a big difference if you purchase the WDH... Sure helps with our Odyssey.

CarolnJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 04:35 AM   #10

Trailer: 1974 Ventura
I am gob smacked looking at your new trailer !!!!!!!!
bonnie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 05:52 AM   #11

Trailer: U-Haul
The only problem with getting something bigger is "now ya gota find stuff to fill it up with"
Terry G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:15 AM   #12

Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Gina,
Ha, and Terry thinks filling it is going to be a problem? By the time those 4-legged rascals of yours bring all their toys to their new dog house, that problem will have disappeared.

Have fun playing with your new toy today.
What's with the gender change I've always been of the opinion that RV's, planes and boats are feminine.

Thanks for providing an interesting Saturday adventure.

Gina, you might want to travel light for next week's rally in case someone else shows up who is prepared to take a fine red and white trailer home with them. I suspect the "Shady Bush II" is about to embark on new journeys and, like your Element, might not wait for you!

And have a go at dyeing those curtains, a forest green would nice.
Kurt & Ann K.
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:27 AM   #13

Trailer: Boler 1984
That looks GREAT! I liked the business side pic. Where did you get that fancy TV antenna?
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:57 AM   #14

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Gina, you SO scored on this one! Are you rockin' your new trailer with 91X?

A WD hitch may be in order for you. It does look a little heavy on the hitch. My friend tows his BF 19' tandem with a Liberty and has a full Equalizer Hitch setup. You may be able to get by with a single arm Reese setup on the Burro. I used a full Reese setup on my Burro.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 08:21 AM   #15

Trailer: 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel Dlx / 2001 Ford Ranger 4x4
.Awesome .. glad you got your new toy home!! Now to initiate it with doggie hair!! LOLOLOL I see ya got a good awning with it too....... lucky you!!
Christi V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:09 AM   #16

Trailer: 13 ft Burro
Gina - Your new Burro is beautiful. Congratulations!
Lauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:20 AM   #17

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
And here it is on the business side. There is so much "Stuff" attached to this thing, I don't even remember what all of it is.

I don't think those things hovering over the top are rabbit ears tho. I am told it has a batwing antennea
Hi: Looks like you found a stray extra terestrial UFO... Some people will bring anything stray home!!! Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:24 AM   #18

Registry

Thanks, I am happy! Getting it in my driveway this morning will be the final hurdle.

Roger, SWDH.. like THIS? Can a girly girl crank that arm down? That would be about the perfect size for this. And I am already straying into the "big" trailer things I was trying to avoid. A 20 minute hitch up was one of them.

91X sticker came with it LOL! That's OK, that was my station when I lived in San Diego.

Per, yes, it has a gravel guard with full logo!

Kurt, there is so much junk in the 13 right now, I don't even know if I can take IT

If I can pick up a battery this week (The one in it now is dry and probably untrustworthy) I may just bring the big one. If it did the Rim of the World, I am suspecting it isn't as deteriorated as it would seem a trailer sitting that long would be. It pulled so smooth, I bet the bearings are fine.. I am getting them done anyway, but we'll see how I feel about it later.

PLUMBING gets checked today. I am not sure how to do it, other than fill the tanks and play. It will all be clean water, so I can dump in my driveway. I am anxious to see if the toilet flushes
Old 02-04-2007, 09:28 AM   #19

Trailer: 2002 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Gina,
What a fantastic deal you got ! Your new rig looks like brand spanking new ! Wow ! I am impressed. Also envious as a Burro would have been our first choice. SIGH. I see you have another option on the trailer, now discontinued - a portable roof light standard !
Donald Stahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 09:37 AM   #20

Registry
Quote:
a portable roof light standard
Well, I couldn't get a chimney like I wanted, so I had to settle...

I'll use those suckers at 3 am when I am camped next to Mr. 4000 watt deisel generator!

(I win!)