OK What's the Deal - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 08:10 AM   #29

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
They are legit, Nick (the son) brought one to the Poconos Rally last week. Nice trailer and some interesting concepts. Yes, they are a new trailer, and yes there is some self promotions, but that is the way of doing business. Should you buy one, I see no reason not to. I have bought cars (Chrysler Eagle) vcr's (Sony Betamax), trailers-Dutchman T@da and the companies went out of business after my purchase. That did not change my mind, if I like the product and thought is was a fair price, I bought it.
They have made 23 trailers, each one hand made. I'm sure if you visited them or contacted one of the other purchasers you may feel better.

Old 07-26-2011, 12:40 PM   #30

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Angie, have you checked out Eggcamper? Nice high ceilings at 6'7", and 88" wide for a good bed length. When I hear anyone talk about tall guys looking for an egg, I always think of the Eggcamper.

How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Old 07-26-2011, 12:41 PM   #31

Name: jen
Trailer: 1980 13 ft. burro
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie2B View Post
I have read that. I am just a lover of fiberglass RV's. I have two brothers who have scamps. I like the casita liberty. My husband is 6'4" and has had concerns about the width of the door on the casita and having to turn a sharp corner when entering the casita camper. That is why we have hesitated on actually buying a casita.Then I found all the info on here about The Little Snoozy. I fell in love with it. I read ALL the site, everything I could find including the above. Studied the pictures really well and liked it and then did an internet search for The Lil Snoozy to find reviews. That's when I started noticing everything that I posted here. You don't know me but I have been reading these forums for years. I don't have much to share here because I don't have a rig. But I thought others would want to know what I found. I have not talked with any of the owners. After finding the stuff I found today I will probably keep looking, maybe look into a used Compact JR or Compact II.
having met the Snoozy in person, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anybody. But, sounds like it's not the trailer for you. Maybe check out the EggCamper, which seems like a good choice for tall people.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:52 PM   #32

Name: Doug
Trailer: Escape 19
Ontario
Just my opinion: there's a difference between self-promotion and so-called "astroturfing". If you are an owner or employee of a manufacturer, be up front about it (even if you are *also* a satisfied customer), otherwise it looks like you are misleading your customers.

As to the suggestion that everybody makes mistakes, sure, I agree. But it's not too late to apologize.

Would an incident of astroturfing prevent me from buying a product? No, but it would be a strike against that product in the decision-making process.
Old 07-26-2011, 04:02 PM   #33

Trailer: 1971 Compact Jr-Half Ton Of Fun!
I just wanted to clarify something. I believe this company exists and is making campers. I even think they might be making good campers. I also understand the need to get the word out about a new product. I am totally OK with press releases and such. However, if they did indeed mascarade as satisfied customers and put out fake info. That's wrong. It does make me think what else are they being dishonest about? I also understand that they must have seemed really nice at this last Rally. Do you think a business that is trying to sell you something,is going to be anything but nice to your face?What matters, is how they act behind closed doors, when you are not around. It's called integrity. As a consumer, we have few ways to tell a company "I don't agree with your business practices." other than with the pocketbook.

Well thanks so much for the input. I think I will go check out The Egg camper.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:16 PM   #34

Name: Francesca Knowles
Trailer: '78 Trillium 4500
Jefferson County, Washington State, U.S.A.
Registry
Hi, Angie

Thanks!
It's heartening to find that there are those that refuse to succumb to the kind of cynicism that seems to pass as worldliness these days.
I'm glad you're not discouraged about the whole industry- and I hope you're not soured on us!

You might take a look at another new trailer that there's been some talk about here- the Parkliner. It's got a 6'4" interior height and is competitively priced.
There are several threads, some of which contain more Snoozy-boosting than info about the Parkliner.
I recommend the discussion from April at New FG Manufacturer?
At some point the manufacturer checks in to answer questions. In the present circumstances, I think you'll find his candor refreshing.

Happy hunting!
Francesca
Old 07-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #35

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesca Knowles View Post
Hi, Angie

Thanks!
It's heartening to find that there are those that refuse to succumb to the kind of cynicism that seems to pass as worldliness these days.
I'm glad you're not discouraged about the whole industry- and I hope you're not soured on us!

You might take a look at another new trailer that there's been some talk about here- the Parkliner. It's got a 6'4" interior height and is competitively priced.
There are several threads, some of which contain more Snoozy-boosting than info about the Parkliner.
I recommend the discussion from April at New FG Manufacturer?
At some point the manufacturer checks in to answer questions. In the present circumstances, I think you'll find his candor refreshing.

Happy hunting!
Francesca
I think Parkliner has not launched. Neither it's Facebook page nor website have been responsive to inquiries for close to 2 months now. A member here wanted to visit them and they refused to answer him. I myself have called and left messages and have sent numerous emails and have yet to receive any response, I'm sorry to say.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:18 PM   #36

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Anyone tried to PM chandler here for a comment? That might be an idea.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:42 PM   #37

Name: Nicholas
Trailer: LiL Snoozy
South Carolina
When I was first on this forum, (ya'll remember) I received a fair amount of flack. I understood it then and now. I also understand that we have received good and bad publicity. I remember someone posting that we where taking deposits and running to Mexico or something to that effect. I cannot control everything that gets posted online, nor can I please everyone that I meet. I try to be as honest as I can, and take the flack for it if I must (IE no propane)

The article ( Alan Smoak builds small, lightweight, fiberglass "Lil Snoozy" camper trailer | RV News from RVBasics .com ) is actually a reprint from our local news paper. My father is well known and respected in the community and when the Times and Democrat (the original publisher of the article) heard he was at it again they wanted to do a story.

The other articles listed I cannot attest to. As I am sure you all know my fathers name IS Alan Smoak and my name is Nicholas Smoak (some people do call me Nick)
The FORMER member in question has the same first name as my father as well as a similar last name. He also received some flack for his postings, he decided to refrain from posting. We have someone who is well known on the forum visiting next week, we share the same first name, will he be confused with me?

Angie, I am sorry for the confusion you have had to deal with. I have done what I can to be as honest and forth coming as I possibly can. I do not have control over the internet, nor can I control who post what where.

AS has been stated above, we have an open plant policy. Anyone who wants to see how we do things or meet me and the old man, give me a call and let me know when you want to come.
Thanks again to everyone on the forum that has giving their constructive criticism and ideas.

On a completely unrelated note, and I will make a new thread for this topic. Leslie and I had so much fun at the Pocanos that we are thinking of "hosting" a ralley in Cherokee NC, sometime around end of September maybe?
Thanks
Nicholas Smoak