Old and new ... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2010, 11:24 PM   #1

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi all! As some of our FGRV friends already know, we contracted "3-foot-itis" and are now the proud caretakers of a 2009 16ft Scamp with a BATH! We thought we might upgrade in the (very) distant future but were loving every minute and mile of our adventures in the dear little 13 footer. However, this opportunity was just too good to ignore, and here we are, reconfiguring our full-time lives to new storage parameters! It's a bit of Christmas all thru the day ... oh, we have running water ... oh, the frig is IN HERE now ... oh, the SHOWER!!!

We had planned to post the 13 for sale on this forum, along with other ad media, but they say if you want to make God laugh, just make plans. As we were leaving the recent rally at Dome Rock, AZ we met a couple from Prescott Valley, AZ who were in the market for a used FGRV. They previously owned a Casita 16, had read about the rally sort of "in the neighborhood" and drove out to take a look and talk to people about their Eggs. They followed us back to our RV park to check out our little Scamp, exchanged contact info and asked us to call them when we returned from our 2-week wanderings.

Fast forward to last night's telephone conversation which sealed the deal. So ... this morning was a scramble to completely empty and spiff up the 'little' trailer so it could go to it's new home. He came, he paid, we signed, he hitched up, he drove away and everyone was smiling ... pretty amazing transaction all 'round and we are grateful for having this lovely new Egg, for all the WONDROUS experiences in the first GeezerEgg and finding it a good home.

Enuff rambling, but wanted to share our good news. Hoping our travel paths cross somewhere down the road - L 'n D
Old 02-26-2010, 11:35 PM   #2

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry

No more bathroom runs!
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:42 PM   #3

You GOT it !!! Forgot to mention, we are considering calling it "The Royal Flush". LdB
Old 02-26-2010, 11:53 PM   #4

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Exclamation

Quote:
Forgot to mention, we are considering calling it "The Royal Flush". LdB
The Tow Vehicle is named "Overkill", and the Trailer is named "The Royal Flush".

Sounds like a rock-n-roll band
Old 02-27-2010, 12:10 AM   #5

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Fantastic news! We sure enjoyed seeing your new trailer at the Q gathering and I know it will make the journeys ahead easier for you to have all the transition behind you.

Keep safe....
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 12:18 AM   #6

A-one and-a two ... whoops, wrong generation! Long live ROCK & ROLL !
Old 02-27-2010, 12:48 AM   #7

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
H. David & Leslie de Beaux... Sounds like you came away from that gathering a little "Flushed". 'Grats on the new digs!!!
The next threefootitis takes you to 19!!!
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie p.s. "XL Geezer Egg" sounds good too.
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:15 AM   #8

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Congrats!!! Pictures with big ole smiles?

Well now, we won't be able to point to you and say L&D full-time in a 13 footer... so, can you tell us how many DAYS you did full-time in the GeezerEgg? Whatever amount of time it was, I wish you lots and lots of MORE time in the Royal Flush!!!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:21 AM   #9

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
its not their trailer tho. They bought it for Miss Minnie.

She needed a bigger office.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:29 AM   #10

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Congratulations! Isn't it amazing what the little extra space and bathroom adds! Now, I can't comment to my hubby anymore my amazement that you can full-time in a 13 footer.

CindyL
Old 02-27-2010, 10:09 AM   #11

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Congrats! Enjoy it! Funny how 3ft can make such a difference. And yes we need pic's! So cool that you met the buyers of the geezer egg and had just what they were looking for. Glad they are gonna get to join in the fun.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:32 PM   #12

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I've been waiting for you to post. I almost gave it away in a post of mine the other day.

You folks should have seen this new trailer. Looks like it came off the show room floor.

I'm working on finding a megaphone for Dave to use from his couch up front when Leslie is waaaaay back there at the dinette. Maybe I'll just make one out of some cardboard which I'll store under the mattress until I see them.

I love "The Royal Flush". Wasn't that your Birthday present??

Happy happy travels to you tow.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #13

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Congratulations on the new rig. I'm sure you'll enjoy the extra room.

Your next step up should be one foot longer a half foot higher and a foot wider i.e. an EggCamper.

Orlen
Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #14

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Red face

Congratulations! I am sure you will be enjoying your new space and shower & head.

I did not like having to step into the shower floor pan to use the toilet, nor did I like the height of the toilet seat from the floor of the shower. We found a sheet of sub-flooring material (not plywood, nor waferboard) at Home Depot, almost the right size. I just had take a saw to it get it to fit. The folks at the Scamp factor had left a piece of carpet in the trailer to keep the laid carpet from getting tracked on, I used it to cover the sub-flooring. It made a very sound floor covering the shower floor pan.

To keep the toilet and the area around it dry while showering, we bought a expandable shower or plastic rod and a regular sized shower curtain. Half of the shower curtain is hooked to the original shower rod and the other half to the expandable rod. Keeps the door dry and the toilet seat and toilet area dry. We use two half sized shower curtains on our first setup, but it could get leaks or spray where the two halves met. One solid curtain works much better.

We have a curtain made to cover the window in shower now as well, often water would fill the "sill" of the window with water without it. It seems you have a SB which I take to mean as a side bath, we have a SD or side dinnette and a front bath. Not sure if the SB has a window in the shower area or not.

Some simple mods we added to our 16' Scamp to make life easier:
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/board/index.ph...ic=23750&hl
Attached Thumbnails
Head__Shower_Covered.jpg   Shower_Cover.jpg  

Head__Shower.jpg   Shower_Cover_Up.jpg  

2009 White Ford F-150 Reg. Cab Longbed ARE Topper
Adrian W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #15

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Congratulations, we can't wait to see your new home. I hope that you wrote down some of the stories of your adventures in your 13. It must feel like a palace to have all that room. Pictures please.
Linda R002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:29 PM   #16

Trailer: 2002 Casita 17 ft
Congratulations, David and Leslie! We can't wait to see you both again with the new home. Last time we saw you, you had just acquired Overkill. Any chance you will be heading back to the Pacific Northwest as the weather warms? We know we will cross paths again. Hoping to see you on the road.
Gil & Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote