Oliver 20 grand price point - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-17-2009, 08:29 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Posts: 1,564
spec sheet for the sport model is up I see. starting at 23 grand with no a/c... Bummer was hoping for lower price.
__________________

__________________
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 09:06 PM   #30
Member
 
Rob M's Avatar
 
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Posts: 75
Wow
__________________

__________________
Rob M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:31 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Chris B's Avatar
 
Trailer: 2003 Casita Liberty Deluxe
Posts: 118
Quote:
I am with Joe. What do you get in the extra 4 foot?

It looks like the bathroom is much larger. Is it that most of the standard lay out is just "Larger"?
Gina -
I think that the added footage is taken up with a little more elbow room in the bathroom, the kitchen is a little bit longer with actual counter space which the Casita Spirit is lacking. Unfortunately there's a notebook covering the work area in this picture.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0445.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	17554


Across from the additional space in the kitchen, there's a cabinet that is accessed from the outside that is the battery compartment. It's holds four batteries. Above the battery compartment, there is a storage cabinet that begins at about waist high to the "soffit." The cabinet has wire shelves in it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0443.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	17555


The bed is longer and I would assume wider since the trailer is wider. That would be my guess for the added length.
__________________
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Name: Betty
Trailer: 2009 Liberty Deluxe Casita
Arkansas
Posts: 105
Hey,

We ran into the crew pulling the 22 foot Oliver and the 17 foot, on their way to Quartzsite. It was the day after they had finished the 22 footer.
They were in Tucumcari, NM. We had been out to buy, (gasp) a 5th wheel Shadow Cruiser. At least the nose is fiberglass! We sold our lovely Rita Casita to some nice folks from Bisbee AZ, who drove to Arkansas to get her. Alas, I decided it was time for more room.
Across the road I spied the 2 units! What are those?? I noticed the larger unit particularly. So, inquiring minds want to know! We drove over there and introduced ourselves, met Jim Oliver and the crew, and found out where they were heading. Got a tour of the 22 footer. Wow.
I seem to remember they told us it weighed 4100 lbs. Was all shiny and pretty. Fiberglass really so nice.
The factory is in Hohenwald, Tenn., which is where my husband was living when we met many years ago now. I am from Columbia, about 40 miles away. So we were interested because of the close proximity of our home stomping grounds.
Evidently they left right after finishing it, and drove all night to be in NM the time we spotted them.
We were quite enchanted to see them, and felt like we had met a celebrity. I had seen on the web site the beginnings of the new unit. Great to actually see it finished.
Betty L.
__________________
Betty L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Mike Magee's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Posts: 5,143
I wonder if they could get away from that "operating room" interior look by using a tinted gelcoat... make it beige or blue or something. Maybe that's an option they could offer. I mean, unless there is there some reason why it has to be white. (I remember touring the Harvestore (farm) silo manufacturing plant years ago, the reason they are blue is because cobalt was needed to help fuse the glass coating to the steel plates.)
__________________
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:30 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Donna D.'s Avatar
 
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Posts: 24,433
Quote:
I wonder if they could get away from that "operating room" interior look by using a tinted gelcoat... make it beige or blue or something. Maybe that's an option they could offer.
They already do. I saw the black one at the Oregon Gathering this past summer... named "the Black Pearl" and I guess they've got a red one at the Quartzite gathering. These are both 17 footers, but the gelcoat is the same for either size. It's not unusual for fiberglass hotrod bodies to come in gray, black or red. But if those were the only colors available, I'd stick with white and really color it up on the inside with curtains, rugs, and upholstery...none of the typically blah RV interiors
__________________
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 10:29 PM   #35
Junior Member
 
Trailer: Oliver
Posts: 7
Quote:
Hey,

We ran into the crew pulling the 22 foot Oliver and the 17 foot, on their way to Quartzsite. It was the day after they had finished the 22 footer.
They were in Tucumcari, NM. We had been out to buy, (gasp) a 5th wheel Shadow Cruiser. At least the nose is fiberglass! We sold our lovely Rita Casita to some nice folks from Bisbee AZ, who drove to Arkansas to get her. Alas, I decided it was time for more room.
Across the road I spied the 2 units! What are those?? I noticed the larger unit particularly. So, inquiring minds want to know! We drove over there and introduced ourselves, met Jim Oliver and the crew, and found out where they were heading. Got a tour of the 22 footer. Wow.
I seem to remember they told us it weighed 4100 lbs. Was all shiny and pretty. Fiberglass really so nice.
The factory is in Hohenwald, Tenn., which is where my husband was living when we met many years ago now. I am from Columbia, about 40 miles away. So we were interested because of the close proximity of our home stomping grounds.
Evidently they left right after finishing it, and drove all night to be in NM the time we spotted them.
We were quite enchanted to see them, and felt like we had met a celebrity. I had seen on the web site the beginnings of the new unit. Great to actually see it finished.
Betty L.
It was a pleasure to run into you guys in Tucumcari bringing in your Shadowcruiser. You made a good selection and she was a real beauty. Not many of those around. Hope to see you guys again and sit by a campfire some evening!
Pam Roach
__________________
Pam Roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:42 AM   #36
Member
 
Trailer: 2008 Lil Bunk 18 ft / 1975 IH Scout II
Posts: 45
The Oliver display is located on West Kuehn Street in Quartzsite, AZ. West Kuehn is parallel to I-10 on the south side. They are just west of the pedestrian overpass. You can not miss the red Oliver on a flat bed trailer!

Take the western exit to Quartzsite (by Love's truck stop) and to east on Kuehen.

We stopped briefly and looked at the units. Quality equipment, great workmanship, friendly folks. We bought our SOB (Some Other Brand) 3 weeks ago, so we did not waste much of their time.

Edit: That is our tow vehicle - 1975 International Harvester Scout II, auto tranny, 392 CID IH engine. Works great, drinks lots of gas...
Attached Thumbnails
Red_Oliver.JPG  
__________________
Russ & Marian McLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 01:28 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Lizbeth's Avatar
 
Name: Liz
Trailer: 1979 13 ft Boler, 1987 & 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel
California
Posts: 2,027
Registry
Gina's going to faint when she sees that red trailer.
__________________
1979 Boler B1300 | 1987 Bigfoot 5th Wheel | 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel | We officially have a collection!
Lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Trailer: 2000 19 ft (formerly 17 ft) Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Nuestra Casita') / 2000 4WD V8 Tundra
Posts: 760
Send a message via Yahoo to Kurt & Ann K.
Lizbeth,
I hope you'll be prepare with the smelling salts. I agree. Wish we could be there. It would be interesting if her old trailer were at Quartzsite.

Kurt & Ann K.
__________________
Kurt & Ann K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:32 AM   #39
Member
 
reinhold m's Avatar
 
Name: reinhold
Trailer: 2000 17 ft Burro Widebody (bought in Ohio. towed home Spring 2009!)
Alaska
Posts: 76
Quote:
They already do. I saw the black one at the Oregon Gathering this past summer... named "the Black Pearl" and I guess they've got a red one at the Quartzite gathering.
I think both of those are 'one time' special demo units and not available for production? (tho' I guess if one has enough $$$ they might get the Oliver folk to make it any color, eh?), and also both are still white on the inside I believe? what I took M.G.'s post to mean is just a 'light' color tint on the inside to avoid the "complete white" interior look, but still white on the outside.
__________________
reinhold m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:21 PM   #40
Moderator
 
Frederick L. Simson's Avatar
 
Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Posts: 8,151
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
Gina's going to faint when she sees that red trailer.
It was there last year. She's seen it.
They also made a [b]Black one... to tow behind your Limo, I guess.
__________________
Frederick - The Scaleman
1978 Fiber Stream 16 named "Eggstasy" & 1971 Compact Jr. named "Boomerang"
Frederick L. Simson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #41
Senior Member
 
Linda&Dale's Avatar
 
Name: Linda and Dale and Dallas the cat
Trailer: 1984 Fiber Stream
California
Posts: 700
We saw a couple of black ones at Bullard Beach last year.
__________________

__________________
Linda&Dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
oliver


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Quick and to the Point Benita Jokes, Stories & Tall Tales 0 10-10-2008 12:38 PM
Fiber Stream leak point Victor Benz Problem Solving | Owners Helping Owners 2 05-26-2006 02:23 PM
Fox Ridge/Walnut Point Parks Legacy Posts Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive) 0 07-06-2003 11:25 PM
Rocky Point Mexico Legacy Posts General Chat 2 06-11-2003 01:14 AM

» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.