Oliver Legacy Videos - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-10-2007, 07:20 PM   #21

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
I suspect from this discussion that some people may not be aware of previous topics dealing with the Oliver... some may want to do some searching in the forum.

I submitted some questions via the Oliver Legacy website, and received responses. Some of that information is now appearing in the descriptive text and FAQ on the website (such as the extensible tongue details), so I would encourage anyone with a specific question to try asking the Oliver people.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:49 PM   #22

Trailer: Airstream 16 ft OB
The only thing that resulted in my search for "oliver" was this thread. Were there other discussions? Maybe I'm not using the search function properly.
Steve R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:12 PM   #23

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Trillium Outback
Registry
The prior "Oliver" thread was delelted by the Moderator. Something about suspected spam from one of the posters.

Curt
1998 K2500 Chevy Silverado 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4X4, ext cab, short bed
Curtis F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:22 PM   #24

Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty Deluxe 17 ft / Honda Odyssey
It would be nice to see some official prices!
Patrick M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:01 AM   #25

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Was that the thread where the owner of Oliver appeared - once? It was fairly long. Why delete an entire thread if one or two posts were spam?
Patrick, the thread was removed for a variety of reasons, none of which particularly had to do with anything posted by our membership. Unfortunately there are circumstances that you are not and can not be informed about that caused us to remove it.

Please feel free to continue with your regularly scheduled thread.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:26 AM   #26

Quote:
Please feel free to continue with your regularly scheduled thread.
Roger
10-4
Old 09-11-2007, 12:18 PM   #27

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Since the original thread is gone...

One of the features of this trailer which was discussed earlier is the unusual choice of a leaf-spring beam axle [b]suspension. That's normal for trailers, but uncommon in lightweight moulded fiberglass units. I asked Oliver why this was chosen (and other questions about suspension details), via their website, and got some answers. Some of the answers are now in their site's descriptive text, and some are still only in their discussion forum, which is currently not viewable.

One question for which there was no answer was this one:
Quote:
Your suspension system is the same design as my current Boler travel trailer, a B1700RGH which is in many ways the ancestor of your product. I have added shocks (although a more conventional one per side) which certainly improve behaviour, but I still find that it has - by automotive standards - less than optimal damping and insufficient roll stiffness. Part of the problem may be that the spring spacing (57" on centre) is too narrow for the track width (74"), which in turn is not as wide as the body would allow or trailer could use.

Should I expect better (more responsive, more stable) behaviour from the Oliver Legacy than my Boler, and if so, how does the design accomplish this? Can you provide key dimensions, such as the frame/leaf spacing, track width, axle drop, and trailer width?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:41 PM   #28
Commercial Member

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2008 / Jeep Wrangler 2008 Unlimited
Seems like I remember Jarod telling me something about a design change that had been instituted that would give the 08's a wider stance, but I don't remember the exact details. I do remember that it was a change in the axle, seems like, and not the wheels.
Anders Laurits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 11:58 AM   #29

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I apologize, but I haven't been on here as much lately as I would have like to. I promise that I am going to do my best to be more active on the forums. I really do want to answer all of the questions that may be floating around in "fiberglass-land".

I know this thread started with a statement about the big differences in price between the Oliver and some other manufacturers. I just wanted to let all of you know that the Oliver Legacy comes in two different option packages. The one priced at $26,500 is the Legacy Elite. Oliver also offers the Legacy Classic which starts at $16,500. The Classic is more of a base model, but still comes with all 3 holding tanks, toilet, shower, custom molded double-walls, alluminum frame and its superior insulation.

I hope that this has bee some help.
Jared Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 09:49 AM   #30

Trailer: Summit Weekend Refuge
I've looked at the You Tube videos of the Oliver. It clearly has lots of features that appeal to the person leveling the trailer and taking care of all the externals, but I didn't see much discussion of the interior.

As best I could tell, the kitchen was nearly nonexistent - I saw absolutely no counter space and only a 2-burner cooktop. The sink looked very small as well. Am I missing something? How about storage? How does kitchen and other storage compare to other trailers?

Lalah
Art Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:52 PM   #31
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
As best I could tell, the kitchen was nearly nonexistent - I saw absolutely no counter space and only a 2-burner cooktop. The sink looked very small as well. Am I missing something? How about storage? How does kitchen and other storage compare to other trailers?

Lalah
Which "other trailers"? From looking at their floorplan, the Oliver's galley space looks very similar to a Casita Spirit. Indeed, it's spartan compared to my mom's 26 ft. Coachmen Catalina (stickie), but for one of these (16-17 ft.) FGRVs, the Oliver looks like it's in the same neighborhood. (FWIW, the Casita Liberty floorplan has a little more counter top between the sink and stove, at the cost of having no side dinette.)

Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 12:56 PM   #32
Commercial Member

I expect that after looking at the signature line below, most have figured out that we have purchased a 08' Oliver Legacy Elite. So far we have towed it all over Central Tennessee's rolling hills and Arkansas mountains. It pulls great, with no hint of bound, sway or any other negative trait. Even at interstate Highway speeds and the 4" lift with 15" tires, it exibits exemplary deportment.
With a full water tank and partialy full gray & black tanks the v6 Jeep was getting 16 + MPG at speeds keeping up with the rest of the traffic.
During the first week of January 08', we plan to visit the central Tennessee mountains on about a 1700 mile trip and will, no doubt have learned more about the Oliver.
Cost more, yes. Is it worth it, yes. Are we pleased so far, yes. So far the modifications that we have deemed necessary are to 3M tape a inside/outside thermometer to a wall and also the remote start/stop button for the Yamaha gen set. We like that. Using it instead of working on it is good.
Oliver has kept in touch with us very well and as updates become available have advised us. We may stop by the factory while in Tennessee and see what some of the new "things", look like, who knows we may even take advantage of Oliver's gracious hospitality.
We will miss seeing Jared if we do go by there. He became a good friend and we are staying touch by phone, text and email. Marlisa and he are looking for a egg, so we look forward to camping with them. We have talked about Boca Chica State Park in extreme South Texas.
Old 12-14-2007, 02:38 PM   #33

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
That is pretty good gas mileage for your Jeep. IF you end up stopping by Oliver in TN, Let us know if a black model will be offered to the public. I read a post that the owner has a black one but did not know if that was going to be offered to the public. Was your remote generator starter added from Oliver or from your generator MFG? This would sure be handy if a generator was mounted inside a secure box like others have done. Thanks in advance.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 02:58 PM   #34

Nice mileage indeed! Is that a diesel?
Old 12-14-2007, 04:22 PM   #35
Commercial Member

Quote:
That is pretty good gas mileage for your Jeep. IF you end up stopping by Oliver in TN, Let us know if a black model will be offered to the public. I read a post that the owner has a black one but did not know if that was going to be offered to the public. Was your remote generator starter added from Oliver or from your generator MFG? This would sure be handy if a generator was mounted inside a secure box like others have done. Thanks in advance.
>
I heard from the factory a few days ago that Jim and Evon Oliver "MIGHT" have a black Oliver at the Las Vegas Show in January. I don't know if the coffee break chit chat of the guys in the shop is 100%, but those guys have their hands on everything that goes down the production line.
I didn't see a black one on the assembly line at my last visit, in November, and I was in every department. Now, that makes me wonder if they have a "special projects" department where they could prepare one in secret for a supprise un-veiling at Las Vegas.
About the gas mileage, it is a v6 gas engine, that mileage quote is from the electronic read out in the instrument cluster. I have never put a calculator to it. When going into a head wind the mileage dropped to 14.5 MPG the next day, very flat country, between Memphis and Little Rock.
The Yamaha generator remote start/stop kit was installed by a Yamaha dealer. It was an after market item, though the dealer says that Yamaha has a kit in the works, to be out soon. A fabrication shop is building a box that will mount on the extensible tongue in existing bolt holes. It will lock and the cover will tip off for operation. It is a 3000 watt inverter type genset and is extremely quiet.

Tags
oliver