Old 09-09-2007, 10:51 PM   #15

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
What's the reflective panel in front of the trailer?
It is a mural.

Old 09-10-2007, 10:46 AM   #16

Name: Patrick
Trailer: 2007 Casita Liberty (Sold 2011)/ Honda Odyssey
Arizona
I hope the Oliver is a big success as Casita and Scamp could use some competition to pull them into the 21st century on some of their fixtures and fittings.

But, (there's always a butt)

I am paying a steak dinner less than $16,000 for the Casita Liberty Deluxe 17', which has virtually every option Casita offers (I'll buy my own microwave, thank you very much). I expect that 80% of Casita owners never do a single mod and are reasonably happy, but there are a few mods that should be standard, like an inside shower drain valve, and maybe only a few more.

While some of the mentioned Oliver features would certainly be handy (electric stablization jacks), I'm not sure its a $10,000 benefit, but I suspect the market will be a-telling us!

Old 09-10-2007, 10:55 AM   #17

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Patrick, I'm kinda with you. Not everyone wants a "Cadillac" trailer and would prefer to add (and pay) for their desired options. For the price, I think most would prefer the added dollars to go for a slightly larger trailer (20'-23'). Rather than all the "goodies."

We had this exact same discussion on the Genesis trailer not that long ago:
Genesis, New Fiberglass Trailer
and
Genesis Price, what do you think?
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 12:02 PM   #18

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Someone asked if they are in production and the answer is yes. It is a slick unit and addresses a lot of the complaints that I have seen on the forums. Jared from Oliver Mfg. said they had made some improvements since this one was rolled out. Improved cook top and moving the light switches come to mind. Also you will be able to pick a color. He said that he was planning to come back to the River Valley Egg Rally next year with his black one. The one thing that jumped out at me when I walked in was how white it was. He did not have curtains hung to tone down the glow and it almost bleached everything out and it was cloudy day. Katy liked the bathroom sink arrangement much better than our Casita's, too.
A little $$$$ for us but for someone that wants all the extras without the work, they might think it is a good deal. People drive Cadillacs and Chevrolets both get you there and both have their attractions.

It was fun to look at,
Thomas
Old 09-10-2007, 01:01 PM   #19

Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot 5th Wheel Deluxe
Registry
At RVER we got to spend time with Jared in the evenings. He knows his product inside and out. He listened to everyone's comments and may go back to the boss with new suggestions. The company will be sending the campers and reps to many RV shows across the country.

I was also overwhelmed by the sterile white. The fiberglass interior walls would be easy to clean but hard to make personal modifications to. The floor was tiled and the interior set up is similar to the Casitas. The camper is well made and has lots of bells and whistles. Perhaps to keep the price under better control some of the current standard things could become options such as the electric power cord winder, the audio/video equipment, etc.

But all in all, it is a very nicely thought out camper and there will be many people willing to pay for it. I think Jared said they have built 6 units so far and planning to build a larger unit (20'?) sometime in the future. The best thing is the company is willing to work with you on any customizing you may request.

This camper is definitely one to consider.

Nita
Old 09-10-2007, 05:55 PM   #20

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Thumbs up

Quote:
The one thing that jumped out at me when I walked in was how white it was.
Quote:
I was also overwhelmed by the sterile white. The fiberglass interior walls would be easy to clean but hard to make personal modifications to. The floor was tiled and the interior set up is similar to the Casitas.
I'm thinking that this would be sought after by those who have allergies and wish to avoid carpet or "Rat Fur".
Old 09-10-2007, 08:20 PM   #21

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
I suspect from this discussion that some people may not be aware of previous topics dealing with the Oliver... some may want to do some searching in the forum.

I submitted some questions via the Oliver Legacy website, and received responses. Some of that information is now appearing in the descriptive text and FAQ on the website (such as the extensible tongue details), so I would encourage anyone with a specific question to try asking the Oliver people.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:49 PM   #22

Trailer: Airstream 16 ft OB
The only thing that resulted in my search for "oliver" was this thread. Were there other discussions? Maybe I'm not using the search function properly.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:12 PM   #23

Trailer: 2005 13 ft Trillium Outback
Registry
The prior "Oliver" thread was delelted by the Moderator. Something about suspected spam from one of the posters.

Curt
1998 K2500 Chevy Silverado 6.5 Turbo Diesel, 4X4, ext cab, short bed
Curtis F. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:22 PM   #24

Arizona
It would be nice to see some official prices!
Old 09-11-2007, 10:01 AM   #25

Name: Roger
Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & 2011 MPG 184 and Y2k7 Burley Nomad! :)
Iowa
Quote:
Was that the thread where the owner of Oliver appeared - once? It was fairly long. Why delete an entire thread if one or two posts were spam?
Patrick, the thread was removed for a variety of reasons, none of which particularly had to do with anything posted by our membership. Unfortunately there are circumstances that you are not and can not be informed about that caused us to remove it.

Please feel free to continue with your regularly scheduled thread.

Roger
Old 09-11-2007, 10:26 AM   #26

Arizona
Quote:
Please feel free to continue with your regularly scheduled thread.
Roger
10-4
Old 09-11-2007, 01:18 PM   #27

Name: Brian
Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Alberta
Since the original thread is gone...

One of the features of this trailer which was discussed earlier is the unusual choice of a leaf-spring beam axle [b]suspension. That's normal for trailers, but uncommon in lightweight moulded fiberglass units. I asked Oliver why this was chosen (and other questions about suspension details), via their website, and got some answers. Some of the answers are now in their site's descriptive text, and some are still only in their discussion forum, which is currently not viewable.

One question for which there was no answer was this one:
Quote:
Your suspension system is the same design as my current Boler travel trailer, a B1700RGH which is in many ways the ancestor of your product. I have added shocks (although a more conventional one per side) which certainly improve behaviour, but I still find that it has - by automotive standards - less than optimal damping and insufficient roll stiffness. Part of the problem may be that the spring spacing (57" on centre) is too narrow for the track width (74"), which in turn is not as wide as the body would allow or trailer could use.

Should I expect better (more responsive, more stable) behaviour from the Oliver Legacy than my Boler, and if so, how does the design accomplish this? Can you provide key dimensions, such as the frame/leaf spacing, track width, axle drop, and trailer width?
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:41 PM   #28
Commercial Member

Name: Anders
Trailer: 2010 Coleman 325 37' fifthwheel
Arkansas
Seems like I remember Jarod telling me something about a design change that had been instituted that would give the 08's a wider stance, but I don't remember the exact details. I do remember that it was a change in the axle, seems like, and not the wheels.

Anders Laurits is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver