Oliver Trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2009, 09:56 AM   #1

Trailer: Rockwood Roo 17 ft Expandable
Does anyone know anything about the Oliver trailer?
I was looking online today at their product, it looks pretty nice.
Do you know how much a 17" is?

Doris
doris shamieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:00 AM   #2

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Quote:
Does anyone know anything about the Oliver trailer?
I was looking online today at their product, it looks pretty nice.

Doris
Doris,

Here is a whole discussion of the Olivers this week and there is pricing info and photos in here as well.

Oliver
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:31 PM   #3

Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
Quote:

Doris
Ha, that typo made me laugh. I'm guessing that their 17 inch model is very affordable but I've heard that the sleeping arrangements are less than desirable. If I was you, I would look at their 17 FOOT model. I'm just teasing you.

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:59 PM   #4

Trailer: 1982 Scamp 13 ft
Doris,
We toured the Oliver factory last year. They are very pricey but very nice, with all the "bells and whistles" you could want. The thing that impressed us the most was how eager the owners are to customize the trailer any way the buyer wants. They aren't afraid to try something new. Olivers are very attractive and sleek looking. I would love to have one if I could afford it but it's out of my price range!
Sandra
Sandra Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:05 AM   #5

Trailer: Oliver Legacy Elite 2008
Doris,

Since your original posting, the Oliver web site has posted concise information on all of the pricing and options for the four models they offer. You can find the information at:

www.olivertraveltrailers.com

Pete
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:33 PM   #6

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Yesterday their front page said sport Starting MSRP is $22,800 with a 3 thousand discount for orders placed in jan and feb. But today, Poof..... it's gone. Anyway just passing that observation to you doris.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:39 PM   #7

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
Yesterday their front page said sport Starting MSRP is $22,800 with a 3 thousand discount for orders placed in jan and feb. But today, Poof..... it's gone. Anyway just passing that observation to you doris.
It is my understanding they are giving 10% off on their trailers during Jan & Feb.

You might want to call them to verify.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:56 PM   #8

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Why are there no photos of Oliver trailers in the "Albums"?
Old 01-23-2009, 10:59 PM   #9

Trailer: Bigfoot 25 ft / Dodge 3500HD 4X4 Jake Brake
Quote:
Good question. Maybe we can get Pam to post photos of the outside and inside of the different sizes. I love it when Manufacturers give information - size, weight, features, etc.

When we get some good photos, we can add them to our albums.
Bigfoot Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 11:20 PM   #10

Trailer: 2008 Lil Bunk 18 ft / 1975 IH Scout II
Marian took another Oliver photo at Quartzsite.
Attached Thumbnails
white_Oliver_trailer.JPG  
Russ & Marian McLean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:15 AM   #11

Trailer: 2000 17 ft Burro Widebody (bought in Ohio. Drove home Spring 2009!)
one thing to consider about the Oliver, that I learned by reading at the Oliver forums very early on (link to forums at oliver home page) is the "dry" weight seems to run heavier than other brands (comparing the 17' size). so depending on your tow vehicle's towing capacity the weight may make the $$$PRICE$$$ issues moot - if the cost factor applies.

Their specs page used to advertise the 17' 'Classic' as weighing around 2400# while not explaining that this weight was for a "not yet available" at that time stripped down model . At least that's what I finally got out of them from persistent e-mailing.
For awhile it seemed that just asking questions about the weight of their units was almost taboo - at least that's the impression I got.

I see now their specs page describes the "dry" weight of the 17' at 3540# so it appears they are more up to speed about accuracy in advertising. keep in mind this is still before adding water, food, gear, etc... I think this weight still applies to the Classic and not the Elite, tho'

mainly the high weight seems to be due to all the stuff that comes standard that would be options, if available at all, on other trailers; in addition to the robust frame and double wall construction. but early on this did not seem very well explained, then more and more things seemed to come standard and the "option" was to delete things not wanted, rather than to add.

anyway, to me part of the fiberglass trailer mystique is in the generally lighter weights compared to more ordinary trailers. so as the real weight 'just sitting there' became higher than my tow vehicle could even tow (3500#), and as the base pricing continued to rise as well, I ruled Oliver out of my short list for those 2 main reasons, among other things.

but to each their own FGRV, and it's still a 'lighter weight' unit compared to some. and they seem to be selling them so for those who fit the proverbial mold (haha!) it's something to look at as an option and it does appear to be well made.
reinhold m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:05 AM   #12

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Yes I agree with Reinhold on the Oliver, it was like running into a brick wall when questioning them (and owners) about the weight and price. I learned quickly not to ask too many questions about the steep increase in price, the short of it was that (last summer) when the price of oil reached $150. barrel the price needed to be raised drastically to cover costs, now the price is $40. barrel and I see no price decrease.
I never had a warm fuzzy feeling when dealing with them.
Rob M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 11:38 AM   #13

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Quote:
Tom, I requested that Oliver send some photos to post when they first started, and have never received photos, nor permission to use their site's photos. If someone would like to PM me to find out how to send me photos of their Oliver, I'll be happy to include them in our albums.

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 12:45 PM   #14

Trailer: Rockwood Roo 17 ft Expandable
Quote:
Doris,

Since your original posting, the Oliver web site has posted concise information on all of the pricing and options for the four models they offer. You can find the information at:

www.olivertraveltrailers.com

Pete
Thank you for all the info. Nice product, but I'll stick to looking for a used unit for now, probably a 13'. Oliver is a very pricey unit.
Doris
doris shamieh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver