Olympics - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-14-2014, 10:51 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Mike Magee's Avatar
 
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Posts: 5,142
Maybe FGRV could have its own 'summer olympics'. Events could include most miles towed with FG, highest road towed with FG, hottest night temperature camped in, most isolated boondock site, greatest size contrast with next-site neighbor, and so on.
__________________

__________________
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 07:52 AM   #16
MC1
Senior Member
 
MC1's Avatar
 
Name: Wayne
Trailer: Nest fan, Airstream Sold
Ontario
Posts: 2,006
At a RV get-to-gether another organization held a towing mileage rally.

Folks would connect their trailers, fill up with fuel, and drive a designated loop, honoring the speed limit. When back to the start the organizers would fill up again measuring actual fuel usage. The medals went to the most fuel efficient rigs.
__________________

__________________
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 10:19 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
Maybe FGRV could have its own 'summer olympics'. Events could include most miles towed with FG, highest road towed with FG, hottest night temperature camped in, most isolated boondock site, greatest size contrast with next-site neighbor, and so on.
At many of the rallies I have attended they do hand out prizes to the most miles towed to get to the meet.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:34 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
yyyyyguy's Avatar
 
Name: Pete
Trailer: 17' Casita SD
Wisconsin
Posts: 141
Matt Antoine from Praire du Chien, 14 miles from where I live, just won Bronze in skeleton. Now that's a competition I can understand...going down a hill on a sled head first, well sorta.
__________________
yyyyyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #19
MC1
Senior Member
 
MC1's Avatar
 
Name: Wayne
Trailer: Nest fan, Airstream Sold
Ontario
Posts: 2,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by yyyyyguy View Post
Matt Antoine from Praire du Chien, 14 miles from where I live, just won Bronze in skeleton. Now that's a competition I can understand...going down a hill on a sled head first, well sorta.
It is amazing there are not more broken necks in that sport.
__________________
MC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Trailer:
Posts: 787
I liked the headline in my newspaper over a picture of the German who won the luge:

'Slide Ruler'
__________________
Andrew Gibbens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
On a Canadian note Molson's but a beer fridge in the Canada House for athletes, their families and volunteers to scan their passport and it would open & give them a free beer. I am told by friends there that it was a big hit for the first few days until someone in the Olympic organizing committee decided that they will let it be opened but you have to give the beer back. LOL not sure why but was told there was a big battle on to make it work as it was originally intended... haven't had an update yet as to who has won that battle yet.

There is an Youtube video showing how the fridge works. The Beer Fridge - Scan Your Passport.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:42 AM   #22
Raz
Senior Member
 
Raz's Avatar
 
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Posts: 4,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
On a Canadian note Molson's but a beer fridge in the Canada House for athletes, their families and volunteers to scan their passport and it would open & give them a free beer. I am told by friends there that it was a big hit for the first few days until someone in the Olympic organizing committee decided that they will let it be opened but you have to give the beer back. LOL not sure why but was told there was a big battle on to make it work as it was originally intended... haven't had an update yet as to who has won that battle yet.

There is an Youtube video showing how the fridge works. The Beer Fridge - Scan Your Passport.

More free beer.....

Public Molson Beer Fridges Dispense Free Drinks In Europe, But Only If You’re Canadian


No wonder you Canadians are always so friendly. Raz
__________________
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 09:19 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
More free beer.....

Public Molson Beer Fridges Dispense Free Drinks In Europe, But Only If You’re Canadian


No wonder you Canadians are always so friendly. Raz
Well the good news is they have fixed what ever the "issues" were with the beer fridge at Sochi and one gets to actually keep the beer again.
Just in time for an important hockey game!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
Well the country is at a stand still this morning!

LOL Looks like we have ourselves a real good hockey game as the girls battle it out once again!

Go Canada Go!
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:59 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Ice-breaker's Avatar
 
Name: Dave W
Trailer: Escape 19 and Escape 15B
Alberta
Posts: 470
Yoo hoo. Canadian women lucked out for the Gold in ice hockey.
__________________
Dave W - 2013 Escape 19', 2013 Escape 15B and 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there." - Yogi Berra
Ice-breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:05 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Carol H's Avatar
 
Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Posts: 11,731
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-breaker View Post
Yoo hoo. Canadian women lucked out for the Gold in ice hockey.
Awesome!!!
Attached Thumbnails
1794569_10201844832824525_1426717055_n.jpg  
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:14 PM   #27
Junior Member
 
cramar's Avatar
 
Name: Craig
Trailer: Currently researching
Ontario
Posts: 14
Go Canada Go!!! A big cheer for Canadian women Olympians! Yesterday they won a repeat gold in bobsled by beating the U.S. Today Jennifer Jones wins gold in curling, and now the women come from a 2-0 deficit to win hockey gold by beating the U.S.!

WAY TO GO LADIES!!!
__________________
cramar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:17 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Glenn Baglo's Avatar
 
Name: Glenn ( second 'n' is silent )
Trailer: 2009 Escape 17B '08 RAV4 SPORT V6
British Columbia
Posts: 4,369
I wouldn't call it luck.
As for the men, I'm cheering for the other guys ( whoever they are ).
Only players more arrogant and uncooperative ( speaking as a news photographer ), were the Vancouver Grizzlies of the NBA.
__________________

__________________
What happens to the hole when the cheese is gone?
- Bertolt Brecht
Glenn Baglo is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
O/T, but just in time for Van. Olympics Doug Mager General Chat 0 01-28-2010 10:41 AM

» Trailer Showcase

TBD

LiseKen

Willow

_Scamp87_
» Upcoming Events
No events scheduled in
the next 465 days.
» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.