On the Cheap - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2015, 02:37 PM   #21

Trailer: Boler 1984
New meaning to "what comes around, goes around".

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
james kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:51 PM   #22

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Norm,
Here I thought you were going to tell us that when Ginny's sister went the next day to purchase some items, she picked up Ginny's hand me downs from the prior day's visit, sort of like minds think alike....
Old 07-27-2015, 04:59 AM   #23

Name: Dennis
Trailer: Trillium
South Carolina
Do you know of a good adhesive that will withstand the high temps of SC? Our ensolite is coming loose in places. We have a 77 13 Trillium and are having fun with it. Someone or ones have taken very good care of it. After two days in Charleston ,we are working on a plan for A/C for the back window. I love reading you comments and your practical advice. Bonnie the other half of Dennis77.

Dennis77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 05:44 AM   #24
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
A few years back I rented a motor home in Alberta ,pretty good deal except for the extras they wanted such as $20.00 a day for TV ,$10 a day for toaster,10 a day for coffee maker. Went to closest goodwill and bought al the items for 15 bucks and just gave them back at the end of the trip,couple hundred bucks saved
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 09:38 PM   #25

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
During our trip to the west coast of Vancouver Island, the weather turned quite cold. We had planned for hot weather, so we were not prepared. A quick trip to the Sally Ann, (Salvation Army) and we had all the cold weather gear our family of seven needed. Also not too expensive. I still use the Polar Fleece from that trip.

My family has shopped at second hand stores since before we had kids. My kids don't brag about how much their stuff costs, but how little. Smart kids.
David Tilston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:28 PM   #26
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis77 View Post
Do you know of a good adhesive that will withstand the high temps of SC? Our ensolite is coming loose in places. We have a 77 13 Trillium and are having fun with it. Someone or ones have taken very good care of it. After two days in Charleston ,we are working on a plan for A/C for the back window. I love reading you comments and your practical advice. Bonnie the other half of Dennis77.

Call an auto body/upholstery shop in your area and ask what they use when installing a headliner.

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 07:35 AM   #27

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
You can also locate a supplier for automotive upholstery materials and ask what they recommend to their customers.

An excellent place, not close but ships, is J&J Autofabrics in Rialto, CA. Automotive-Marine Vinyl and Upholstery Supplies They are super helpful to the pros and DIYer's as well. Give them a call for a recommendation.

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 08:53 AM   #28

Name: Kathy
Trailer: 2017 Escape 19
Washington
Registry
Glad to see that so many others love the thrift stores as much as we do. We always think about shopping second hand first before we go buy something new. Our trailer's kitchen is pretty much outfittted with second hand dishes, utensils, cookware, etc. Like others, sometimes we pick up clothing that we need while on a trip if the weather turns out to be hotter or colder than we expected. Last fall in Moab, AZ we found a really cool used outdoor gear store where I bought several high tech fabric tops and pants for about half the price of new. Our house would have about half the furnishings it has if we'd purchased everything new too. All these savings add up to more money for traveling!
Evergreengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 09:22 AM   #29

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Our town has an LLBean Outlet store in our town. Great prices on really good stuff. Ever have a zipper fail, just return the item and they give you a new one.

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:33 AM   #30

Name: Bill
Trailer: Casita
California
Interested in your trip to newfound next year. We have been to PEI and Nova Scotia, but not newfound., is thee room for More?

Bill castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 12:32 PM   #31

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
Bill, I'll send you a PM but there is still room. We plan to cut it off at 20 rigs. We do recognize that everyone will probably not make it (but hope they do). It's a loose Caravan some people can bounce in and out. Dave and I are working to make it flexible, hoping for people to be able to do what most pleases them while have the framework of the group.

Information will be on it's way to you.

Take a look at the thread. I've been posting all the information for the trip as well as sending it by private email to members. The information may be of value to someone planning a similar trip.

Thank you for your interest.

http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...6-a-70578.html

2014 Honda Odyssey
1991 Scamp 16
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 01:18 PM   #32

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis77 View Post

3M 77 spray adhesive. Spray on the wall, spray on the back of the ensolite. Wait a few minutes for it to tack up. Then press.

Hardware or big box stores should have it. Seems to work fairly well. I used it on the tape for the seams and it held in Michigan heat, less frequent but probably just as hot.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote