On the honor system - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2003, 03:37 PM   #1

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
On the honor system

Ok, I realize paying a buy/sell commission to our webmaster is on the honor system ... but I'm curious ... how many folks have actually sent Michael Sanders a little thank-you gift for putting together the buyer and seller.

It seems like every day, someone is reporting that they either bought or sold an RV, based on information gathered on this site.

A few of you have even sold multiple rigs ... and it looks like you are preparing to fix up and sell additional rigs.

It's time to ante up ... folks.

If you've been meaning to send Michael a small contribution to help defray the costs of this website ... now would be a good time to do it.

He just spend more than US$600 to move us to a new, more robust server.

We're not bombarded by annoying pop-up ads ... we're not asked to pay a membership fee ... but we are asked to occasionally send our fearless webmaster Michael Sanders a thank-you note.

Now, I'm not asking for a show of hands ... but if you have bought and/or sold a rig, with help from this site ... even if the help you received was just encouragement or a few tips on what to look out for ... you really need to send Michael Sanders a check for US$25 ... more if you really appreciate this website and can afford it.

Mr. Michael Sanders
Fiberglass RV webmaster
PO Box 844
Atascadero, CA 93422

Michael's way too much of a gentlemen to ever let me know who has contributed and who hasn't contributed ...

But since it's on the honor system ... and since we're all people of honor .... (we are, aren't we?) ... then it's time to get out that checkbook and send Michael Sanders a little thank-you note.

If for some reason, you aren't able to enclose a check ... at least write him a thank-you note.

After all, if it wasn't for Michael, we wouldn't be here.

And if running the website becomes too big of a financial burdon, well, the website might not be here the next time we log on.

Please, please, please send Michael a check.

Help defray the costs of this website.

It is the honorable thing to do.

And, after all, he's asking that you do this on the "honor" system.

So do it!

Legacy Posts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 10:26 PM   #2

Well said Charles.

P.S. Anyone thinking of sending Charles some of his beloved Canadian Maple Leaf Cookies - please divert your thoughts and funds as directed in the above post. :)

Old 05-27-2003, 05:30 AM   #3

>>sending Charles cookies

Maybe they can do both??

Naw ... I want everyone to make sure that Michael understands that we all appreciate his good work and website ... and that we're all more than willing to help him share the expense.

Not only does he have to pay for server time and bandwidth (I have no idea what this is!) ... he also has to occasionally pay for the services of computer programmers to fine-tune the website or assist in the move to the new server.

The way I see it ... this website is worth its weight in gold ... and so is Michael.

We need to show our appreciation!

Old 05-27-2003, 10:04 AM   #4

I agree

I have gotten hundreds of dollars worth of advice and help here. Who here hasn't saved money, time and hassle by reading these posts? This is a singularly useful and friendly site. I know it must take a lot of work to run. I will be mailing a check as soon as I get the money from my house sale.