On The Road Reading - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-19-2011, 01:58 AM   #21

Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
I had looked at a Kindle in our local Staples store a month or so ago, then just yesterday I saw they now carry the Nook, as well. I took a good look at them and I liked the Kindle in my hand a little better than the Nook.

So, Secret Santa....it'll be the Kindle 3g for me.
2019 Ram Longhorn
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:51 AM   #22

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp 2001
E-reader or Hardback ???

As an avid reader who has held a library card since the age of 5, I have my feet firmly planted on both sides of the fence. There are benefits to both forms and today I select the format based on my location or end use.

I have owned a Kindle for about 3 months now and I enjoy it. I bought it mainly for the purpose of ease of use, portability and convenience in carrying hundreds of titles. I travel to Asia on extended business trips (6-8 weeks) which entails boring 25 hour plane rides and daily 2-3 hour car rides. In the past I have carried from 15-20 paperbacks which tends to be bulky, weighty and takes up limited packing space. I chose the Kindle because I can eliminate all the hassle of the extra luggage weight AND the TSA search of my luggage because apparently a bundle of paperbacks has the scanned appearance of a device you are not allowed to carry on a plane! For a travelling application, I love the convenience of the Kindle.

If I am stationary in my residence or at the pool or campsite, my choice is a book. I will not be giving up my library card anytime soon. I am somewhat reluctant to pay the big $$$ for certain titles on Kindle so will continue to check them out of the library. I will be keeping my library shelf in the Scamp as a permanent fixture !!!

Deb
Deb&Sam D. is offline   Reply With Quote