One, Two or More in a 10' Egg? - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-10-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
Name: Brooke
Trailer: U Haul CT13
One, Two or More in a 10' Egg?

Mouse is a CT13. Her egg is 9'7"x6'4" or about 60 sq feet of living space. Perfect for one person!

What are the secrets for getting two or more people to fit into this space?

Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
Name: melissa
Trailer: 2012 Scamp 13 DLX
Put the kids on the bunks and make them stay! LOL.

Melissa in Florida
2016 Honda Odyssey
melissab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:05 AM   #3
Name: Gina D.
Trailer: '77 Leocraft 17 & Former Burro owner and fan!
West Coast USA
sedatives :-P

At nite, don't know what to tell you..creating comfortable sleeping space is a personal thing.

Daytime..create as much outdoor space as you can! Awning, add a room, EZ up..whatever works!

Store things in your tug like clothes and gear only used outside etc. Get rubbermaid bins and stow UNDER the trailer, anything to reduce the used floorspace and cabinets in the trailer and still keep belongings dry and safe.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
You start by not living in an egg. You live outdoors. There's no such thing as "personal space" in a small area and everyone needs to be adaptable and get along. If you were ever a tent camper, not much will change except you have a dry place to sleep and maybe eat if needed. That's if you don't have a bathroom...
Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 11:44 AM   #5
Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Having enough storage for the stuff we bring really helps keep the living space uncluttered. In the evenings or on rainy days the permanent back bed becomes a couch and is dog proofed with a vinyl sheet inside a cotton one. The front dinette is great for reading or using the iPad. Typically, one of us is up front and one on the "couch". The dog goes where ever she wants. During the day with all the windows open it seems bigger than it really is. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:54 PM   #6
Name: Brooke
Trailer: U Haul CT13
Looking forward to seeing all this in person! 😃
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:03 PM   #7
Name: Brian
Trailer: Escape 13 ft 2010 ('Ladybug') / 2003 Subaru Forester/ 2012 Toyota Highlander
British Columbia
Sleeping in 60 square feet

Our 13 foot trailer has two beds, the back "double" bed and the front "single" bed. For us the most comfortable arrangement is for us each to have our own bed, and we usually sleep very well. We leave the front bed set up all the time, and it doubles as a sofa. During the day the back bed becomes a table and we use it for meals when we can't eat outside. With practice the conversion only takes a few minutes. We put the bedding into a collapsible container which is about 18" by 18" by 24". It can sit on the front bed or on one of the rear seats or in the car, depending on our needs. Works very well.

Brian & Maria
2010 Escape 13 "Ladybug"|2003 Subaru Forester|2012 Toyota Highlander
Brian Van Snell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:14 PM   #8
Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
Mouse is a CT13. Her egg is 9'7"x6'4" or about 60 sq feet of living space. Perfect for one person!

What are the secrets for getting two or more people to fit into this space?
We have had our Scamp 13 front bath for eight years now, and find that it is perfect for the two of us. Being married is the key, since that pretty much makes it the same as one person.
No pets is another factor which helps.
Also I shower in the evening while she makes the bed, she showers in the morning while I return it to wraparound couch/dinette mode. This way there is no getting in each other's way for that crucial 5 minutes per day.
We generally leave it in bed mode while traveling.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:33 PM   #9
Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Use a crow bar?

This thread makes me think of the clowns piling into or out of a tiny clown car at the circus. But they really could not use an egg trailer for this stunt, because they'd run out of clowns long before they ran out of space in the trailer. I bet they could wedge 50 of 'em in a 13er (but I'd pity the axle).

It just takes creativity.
To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven... --Ecclesiastes 3
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:43 PM   #10
Name: bob
Trailer: 1984 u-haul ct13; 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Our CT13 is our BIG camper, we also have a teardrop that is 4' X 8' inside. With the CT we leave the bed always set up in the rear. With both trailers we use a 10 X 10 Northern Breeze screen house that has flaps to close it in. No problem with the two of us sleeping together in that size space. Bob
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #11
Trailer: 1986 U-Haul CT13 ft
For the two of us in our UHaul CT13, it's a matter of choreography. Barb and I are not small people (I'm 6'1" and 235lbs.), but we have it all down to an almost balletic routine (like Pilobolus), getting dressed/undressed, making/unmaking the bed, setting up the table, preparing meals, etc. Even then, as Donna D. pointed out, sometimes one of us just has to step outside.

Fortunately, 53 years of living closely together in minimalist situations (backpacking, canoeing, overseas residency and global travel) have polished our communication and coordination skills, and we seldom get tangled.
jack maloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:38 PM   #12
Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 2012 Chevy Silverado
Don't know about your trailers but our Egg Camper has more storage space than we'll use and has more closet space than our 31 ft Kodiak which only has two narrow shirt closets.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 02:56 PM   #13
Name: theresa
Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
New Brunswick
i can echo parts of almost every post so far!! for us, 2 definitely not-so-small people, it is a comedic ballet most times. he zigs, i zag. but it works. no rules, no plans. it just works. maybe me being a "leftie" and him being a "rightie" has something to do with it, i don't know. either way, you'll have fun just "doing" it.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:46 PM   #14
Trailer: 2001 13 ft Scamp / 1993 Jeep Cherokee
Ha ha Theresa,

I like that lefty/righty thing. That might be the key.

Not laughing at you 'cause I'm a lefty, too.

Joy A. & Lily
and "Puff", too
No. Ca. Sierra Foothills
Joy A is offline   Reply With Quote