opinions needed for trip - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-01-2010, 05:41 PM   #1

Trailer: 1983 13 ft Scamp and 1985 13 ft Scamp
opinions needed for trip

Hi, hope every one is having a great day

Planning to go on the "All things tacky tour" in Minnesota in two weeks, looking for insight

Planning to spend 3 nightd around Cass Lake Area and then head North, maybe spending a night at Big Bog, (looking for birds and Moose )

and then farther up to Baudette, or stop at big bog and continue to Baudette

My question, I want to travel and cross the border into Canada and travel to Angle Inlet
Should I plan two nights in Baudette and make this a day trip? Would it be easier to just travel with my truck? or should I haul the little Scamp with me?

I /We plan to go east to see Smokey the Bear and spend two nights either at Kabetogama or farther south to Crane Lake.

Has any one driven on 24 or 116? Looks like nice country
Also read that ZIM is the place to look for birds, true?(I know birds are not tacky, but after seeing all those statues and turtle races, Spam Mueseum, I have to so something sane)

Will be driving to Two Harbors and thru Deluth down to Taylor Falls/St Croix to watch the shipping maybe a paddle boat tour and then the STATE FAIR !!
Yes that's right, you can go down some isle and find just about anything
DEEP FRIED. Yes that should be the conclusion of all things tacky

Thanks for letting me ramble, any tips, camp grounds that We should hit or avoid and just general good advise is always appreciated to this NEWBIE

P.S. the second Scamp has returned, it was raised up three inches, New bumber and New spare tire & hanger added,
At home, bearings re-packed, buffed out, new floor put in, sub-floor and flooring, Adrian has re-wired it and a new larger vent installed, Cleaned up in general, new hinges, lock and handle, aluminum supprt braces for door and on main body, All new SS bolts and caps thru out and new safety chains, wire installed for 12V system too. New cushions and curtains.
Have not installed the stove or sink, Have them, don't know if I should not to this since I was planning to sell, what do you think?
Adrian said it would be cool if somebody was interested in it that we could deliver it after the trip, well any opinions

Oh yeah, got a title from Tn, but its just listed as a trailer 13'
Thanks Suger
sugermc is offline   Reply With Quote