Opinions on Passport America / camping clubs? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2011, 02:14 PM   #1

Name: Richard
Trailer: Scamp 16 deluxe
Wisconsin
Opinions on Passport America / camping clubs?

Has anyone had experience with Passport America and their 1/2 price sites?
Dick Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 08:50 AM   #2

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
hi dick....we used passport america to stay at an Rv campground in daytona beach last march---it was accepted there for 1/2 price for our entire stay! i don't know if they are planning on offering the same deal again this spring--but it surely worked for us!! we recouped our investment after the second night.
we have also tried good sam but found that we didn't feel we got our value...it just seemed that alot of the places we wanted to stay didn't belong to that program...or any.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #3

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
I have belonged to Passport and KOA for past several years. I feel Passport has a better selection than GS and others and I plan my trips by going to new campgrounds that offer the 50% discount. Recently went to Sara's CG on Lake Erie and the cg gave me and my neighbor who camped next to us the 50% discount. We got 8 nites, full hookups for $10/nite on Lake Erie. Like I said it makes me want to try new places. KOA is only 10% but you can build points, like miles, for free camping. Plus KOA are always very consistent and well kept, a constant in todays changing world.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:19 PM   #4

Name: Norm and Ginny
Trailer: Scamp 16
Florida
We have been Passport members for 10 years. We usually earn the cost back within the first week of travel.

We also belong to Escapees and Good Sams. All parks in the Escapee book offer a minimum of 15% discount and some offer 50%. As well as a book of discounts at private parks, Escapees has about 20 parks where full hook up rates are $15 a nite or less and non-hookup sites are $5 or less.

Norm
honda03842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 09:20 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
We have enjoyed the savings of Passport America for several years. As others have stated, we quickly recoup the annual dues, and the rest of the savings are 'gravy'. Most of the PA parks we have visited have been lovely ... only a couple of duds we would never go to again. Check it out - if you don't think there is value for your money you can always opt out by not renewing. Happy camping - L 'n D
Old 02-17-2011, 07:27 AM   #6

Trailer: 2010 16 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe
Registry
The first year we had our Casita we joined Passport America, Camp Club USA, and Happy Camper. After one year and many trips we found Passport America provided the most parks in more places that we wanted. We were always treated well and never were unable to get in, even without reservations. We dropped Camp Club & Happy Camper since we found we used PA the most.

One caveat. Always read the restrictions listed for each park. They vary wildly so be aware. We found the various restrictions made sense for each park involved and were reasonable. Just be sure to read them for each park.

We definitely got our money's worth out of PA. It paid for itself on the trip home from the Casita factory after pickup.
WtMtJim is offline   Reply With Quote