Opinions Wanted - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-01-2007, 09:39 PM   #15
Trailer: 2003 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17 ft
No regrets right Ron?

I wasn't even ready to buy a trailer yet, but had been lurking here for about a month when Morgan contacted me and told me about his Casita. It was configured EXACTLY like I would have bought new and was local (4hours) - so after some debate we decided to pull it together and get one early.

No regrets - great unit - thank Morgan!

This is a 17 SD - I'm 6' and with shoes on my head just clears. Has the high lift axle and bigger fresh water tank. That along with A/C/Heat/Bath/Shower were required. The floor plan is perfect as it is just Sue and I so we have the bed made up and a place to do other things. If needed (IE: Grandkid camps with us), we can make the dinette into a bed. I tested this bed, and while narrow, it is long enough for even me to sleep on.....night in the doghouse anyone?

Anyway, we are happy and looking forward to using this model more. We moved faster than I would have liked, but feel we made the right decision for us.

Hope you do the same!

I never heard of Casita. I wanted a Scamp. They burned down. So I bought a Casita.

Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:19 AM   #16
Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
I wanted the side dinette and the extra headroom with the Scamp. I wanted the height because my fella is an extra large and tends to squish me if not given enough room to manuver. I wanted the side dinette because I have to work on the road sometimes and because I tend to sleep lightly, and want to get up and read/write or watch a movie in the middle of the night.

I love the 16' Scamp I choose. My advice is to think carefully about how you live and how you want to use the trailer.

Minor differences in storage and so forth can be overcome. Choose from among the well built trailers, but then pick whichever of those have the right floor plan and features for how you live and what you do.

Laura K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 09:49 AM   #17
Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
We looked at Scamps and Casitas - Liked the fit and finish of the Casita. There was a Freedom model Casita not far from us. We stepped through the door and sat down in the Captain's chairs - that was IT no regrets, but do look at some in person.

Good luck and Happy Trails!

"I do not understand how anyone can live without some small place of enchantment to turn to." M K Rawlings

Dave&Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote