Ordered Yesterday: Kat's Skamper - Fiberglass RV

Old 04-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #1

Name: kat
Trailer: Scamp
Washington
Thumbs up Ordered Yesterday: Kat's Skamper

After reading and reading and talking and talking and listening and listening, and lots of research, I finally decided to take the leap. Yesterday, I ordered my Scamp!. I will be picking it up on July 10 and then heading east to Cape Cod to attend my nephew's wedding. I continue to read and learn on this site. In fact, today I saw a canopy made by another Scamper and now I plan to cancel the order for an awning because the canopy is so much more versatile. And having a new tt under warranty is so important for me, because I am a Woohoo, can't wait to hit the road!

Old 04-28-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
Raz

Name: Raz
Trailer: Trillium 2010
Vermont
Christmas in July. Good for you.

p.s. Time to change the trailer id.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:24 PM   #3

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 2004 Casita Liberty 17
British Columbia
Wow, how exciting, brand new! What size etc did you order?
Old 04-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #4

Name: Lori
Trailer: Teardrop
Maryland
Good for you Kat!!! ENJOY!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 06:05 PM   #5

Washington
Kat's Skamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kootenaigirl View Post
Wow, how exciting, brand new! What size etc did you order?
I chose a 13' Scampto pull with my 2012 Forester.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #6

Trailer: 2007 Casita
I would really re-think canceling the awning.

Canopy's are great, but honestly an awning is so easy to use. Putting up a canopy can take at least a couple of people. Awning, you just whip out! Just my thoughts but having had both. I would take the awning any day! Despite how cute canopy's can be.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #7

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Little Guy Teardrop
Ontario
Congratulations.. Are you waiting to pick it up? We ordered our 13 foot Scamp on Wednesday the same week you ordered yours.. Ours is ready for June 18 but we are picking up on June 20th.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:26 PM   #8

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Had me going there for a minute. Skamper is sticky trailer or camper insert. But it looks like you ordered a "Scamp" trailer.
We've really enjoyed ours. The last two winters we've spent over 90 day each living and traveling in our Scamp. We had to readjust to anchored house living after getting back "home". While out "home" was where the Scamp was located and we often referred to that way.
Enjoy.
If you come south to Oregon let us (Anne and Byron) know. Maybe we can get together.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #9

Washington
Question Awnings?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
I would really re-think canceling the awning.

Canopy's are great, but honestly an awning is so easy to use. Putting up a canopy can take at least a couple of people. Awning, you just whip out! Just my thoughts but having had both. I would take the awning any day! Despite how cute canopy's can be.
I have a 10x10 canopy that I can put up by myself [lots of practice ], I have never had an awning and when looking at the pictures I guess I don't really know how they work. Do they crank out? How are they secured on the side of the vehicle so that wind doesn't affect them? And what about collecting rain or dampness when rolled up? Guess I have a few questions I need to ask before I make a final decision.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #10

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by katg2442 View Post
I have a 10x10 canopy that I can put up by myself [lots of practice ],

You must be a saint! Cause I could never get the easy up I bought up by myself..... Honestly 4 of us struggled with it................. Of course it was pouring rain and the wind was blowing like we camped in WY......

I have never had an awning and when looking at the pictures I guess I don't really know how they work. Do they crank out? How are they secured on the side of the vehicle so that wind doesn't affect them? And what about collecting rain or dampness when rolled up? Guess I have a few questions I need to ask before I make a final decision.

Depending on the type that Scamp works with (sorry I don't know) But yes most crank out. With ease! Now some are done by remote but that tends to be on the big rv's. Believe me, Scamp and many other rv manufactures have secured awnings to rv's, trailer's, popups, overhead campers, etc. Of course you could get one that isn't secured properly but chances are, Scamp has you covered.

Again depending on the type you ordered and the type Scamp uses the awning most likely is encased in it's own little (for the lack of the correct word) case. Sorry I don't know what they call it exactly but it's a metal case that the awning comes out of and returns to it when you put it away. Hopefully a Scamp owner can come explain it in more detail. Best of luck with your new purchase, Enjoy it!
Old 04-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #11

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
...the awning most likely is encased in it's own little (for the lack of the correct word) case. Sorry I don't know what they call it exactly but it's a metal case that the awning comes out of and returns to it when you put it away.
It is called...

a Case Awning!

Tags
scamp