Ordering a 16' Scamp, what are the must have options? - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Old 07-27-2013, 05:32 AM   #29
Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Originally Posted by Hman66 View Post
Chris...we ordered ours this week from Allen. Check out my thread as it One thing I'm going to add which he said I didn't need was the $165 for the two extra side cabinets. I am going to call him this morning and add them per everyone's advice. Best of luck...H
GOOD decision. While those cabinets shouldn't carry heavy stuff, you ALWAYS need places to stuff socks, TP, etc.!!

Donna D.
Ten Forward - 2014 Escape 5.0 TA
Double Yolk - 1988 16' Scamp Deluxe
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:51 PM   #30
Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp 16' Oak Deluxe Layout A - "Kiwi"
Hi All,
We ordered an in stock Scamp 16' Deluxe in Oak plus options and will have it delivered in a couple of weeks. Our first Camper Trailer! Maybe should have researched more! I read the posts about recommending NOT getting curtains and the sewage tube up front, but too late. Does the tube drain or have air vents on the end, or does it just hold the moisture and odor? Does anyone not have problems with this and the short hose? I read about the options to hang a fence post in the back as well as store in a bin in our truck. Is the hose sometimes too short for at a site and/or the dumping stations? I found a video on another form for larger RVs recommending a multi-sized connector for the hookup or dumping station that would accommodate different size and threaded or not threaded connections. Do you recommend this? It also recommend end caps for the hose to contain what's in it when stowed. Any comments about the hose length, connections and storage? And while on this subject, do you special RV toilet paper and where do you get it? We live near Hagerstown, MD, not near any CamperWorld type stores.

mgellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 05:27 PM   #31
Name: Mike
Trailer: Scamp 16' Oak Deluxe Layout A - "Kiwi"
Oh I just found one of the videos I had watched that includes the discussion on the connectors, etc. Sewer Hose - Dumping | Scamp Owners International
mgellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:40 AM   #32
Name: CW
Trailer: Scamp 16 Standard (Coming May 1st!)
New Jersey
I ordered my 16' Standard with all options for camping in RV parks and boondocking. If you realize after you've got the trailer that you would have chosen more accessories, adding them after market is always inconvenient and expensive. I ordered an extra 10gallon fresh water tank as well. It steals away storage space but I felt I needed it.
Another option I will get (when I can afford it) is a briefcase solar outfit. Looking forward to getting out there in May 2015!
CharleyWhiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:01 PM   #33
Name: Gene
Trailer: Scamp
North Dakota
If you want a microwave get your own. You can likely find an equally good one for under $75.
Ask for a couple mounting brackets when you pick up your unit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Fiberglass RV mobile app

Gene Masse is offline   Reply With Quote