Oregon - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2005, 12:34 PM   #1

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13 ft
Hello,

This is my first visit since the hijacking of the site. What a sad event! I know we'll be back on our feet in no time. I see there is an Okra thread already...

I just returned from a week long business trip to the Northwest. I spent a couple of days in Seattle and a couple in Portland.

I must say, Oregon is the most beautiful state I have ever been in. This was my first visit and I was struck by the gorgeous evergreen trees and mountain views. There are no mountains in Iowa, only speed bumps.

Portland had this wonderful feel to the city, very laid back and friendly. Certainly and city I'd love to visit again.

I thought I'd share my first Oregon experience as I know we have members (and moderators) there and the annual Oregon gathering is a hit. We'll have to try and get to the gathering here one of these times.

Thanks! -
Jeremy Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:11 PM   #2

Trailer: 1992 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Hi Jeremy,

It's so nice to hear that you liked Oregon. We also think it is the most beautiful state we've ever seen. We have visited and lived all across the country. We moved about ever three years until we moved here. Now we swear we will never live any place else and have been here 13 years.

Did you get to the ocean? The coastline is absolutely breath-taking. There are lots more things to explore in Oregon from high dessert to rainforest, so come back soon! And plan your next trip around July so you can come to the Oregon Gathering, too.

Nancy
Nancy in Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:21 PM   #3

Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13 ft
Didn't make it to the ocean, it was a business trip with very little (none) time to play.

I was shuffled around from appointment to appointment by an Oregon native. My first day there was very clear. I could see St. Helens, Mt. Hood, Jackson?, and the Sisters. I was told that I was lucky to see all of them in one day in November.

It was gorgeous.
Jeremy Witt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2005, 02:27 PM   #4

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Oregon is wet and rains most of time. Sky's always gray. You grow moss on your back.
oops my Avatar gives our secret away. I see sun shine in that picture.

I've traveled all over this United States of America and haven't found anyplace I like better. I've lived in Oregon for over 50 years. My Dad used to say you could someplace different every weekend and never run out of great places to go. So far I haven't been able to prove him wrong.