Organizing - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-16-2018, 10:38 AM   #21

Name: Patti
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner
Virginia
Hey there just a silly comment from another Parkliner owner. On our first trip across country, what I grew to depend on was a toilet bowl light sensor that changed colors. I did not have to turn on a light to go to the bathroom and the colors were amusing. What I wish we had brought was a good heavy duty hydraulic jack as we had a blow out and no way could we change the tire as camper was too close to the ground. Also wish we had had a hard copy of instructions from Parkliner instead of the video to refer to. We read and studied the DVD but could not recall where to put the jack when the tow truck came and it turns out it was supposed to be lifted from the back which was counter-intuitive.
PJ47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 11:53 AM   #22

Name: Norman
Trailer: Trillium
British Columbia
I found the only way to get organized in my lil Trillium was to use it! You will soon find out what you need and what you don't. Hope that helps, worked for me!
Norma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 01:22 PM   #23

Name: Bob
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ47 View Post
Hey there just a silly comment from another Parkliner owner. On our first trip across country, what I grew to depend on was a toilet bowl light sensor that changed colors. I did not have to turn on a light to go to the bathroom and the colors were amusing. What I wish we had brought was a good heavy duty hydraulic jack as we had a blow out and no way could we change the tire as camper was too close to the ground. Also wish we had had a hard copy of instructions from Parkliner instead of the video to refer to. We read and studied the DVD but could not recall where to put the jack when the tow truck came and it turns out it was supposed to be lifted from the back which was counter-intuitive.
Instructions? DVD?
I'm the third owner of my 2014, and was told by the second that the packet given me had what he had (which was pretty complete for all the appliances, etc.). But I haven't seen instructions referred to on Parkliner's (still up) website, and didn't see anything in this site's document resource page. Fiberglass RV - Document Center
What have I been missing? Thanks.
FishingBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:21 PM   #24

Name: M
Trailer: Formerly Scamp
Oregon
Kitchen storage

Part of the fun in getting a new trailer is decorating/packing it. As mentioned by others earlier, it's a learn-as-you-go process. I've had my Scamp for several years and am still trying out ideas that I pick up from others at fiberglass RV gatherings.

I made the mistake of buying storage helpers, like over the door hangers to discover my Scamp interior doors seal nicely, and won't close with these hangers. Storage seems to be a trial and error process.

I have 2 very narrow cupboards above my "kitchen" sink/stove.. For solo travel, I used my backpacking cook set, a perfect fit. But have replaced it with a small metal mixing bowl, one small pot with lid, a titanium frying pan with folding handle, a spatula with folding handle, and a titanium 2 cup teakettle from REI. This teakettle heats water faster than anything I've ever used, so I save fuel. These all fit in one of the cupboards. I kept the plastic bowls/plates/cups from the original set which are stored in the other cupboard, with 2 coffee mugs and some stacking plastic glasses.

For traveling with another person, I bring a Coleman camp stove with grill, stored in my tow vehicle.

I still can't figure out where to attach a paper towel rack in my deluxe 13 ft Scamp. Suggestion please, anyone?
Ttocs M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 02:52 PM   #25

Name: Harold
Trailer: 1975 Scamp, 13-foot
Redding, California
Registry
I think for most people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post
....Eventually I will have the final camper layout and then will settle on the organizational plan for most of the gear.
I think for a great many people that happens one day before buying a larger camper!
Doctor Harold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 03:08 PM   #26

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Scott View Post
I still can't figure out where to attach a paper towel rack in my deluxe 13 ft Scamp. Suggestion please, anyone?

Mine is very light and attached to the bottom of a cabinet with double-sided tape. I installed it 9 years ago.
Attached Thumbnails
paper towel holder.jpg   Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 2.12.47 PM.png  

Old 06-16-2018, 04:20 PM   #27

Name: FarmerDoug
Trailer: Escape19
Michigan
According to Co-Pilot Linny, PUT EVERYTHING BACK, where you found it and leave nothing laying around, I think Linny was talking about me! All the other replies are helpful too. We have found that your destination(s) should influence what you take with you. Still learning!

Carefully pick clear storage tote sizes that fit in your cabinets. For clothing we bought clear totes with rollers that fit under bed. Linny rolls at the clothing when packing.

I tend to usually take more than I need, but since our Escape is new, I have reduced the repair kits.
Ourescape19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 03:06 PM   #28

Name: Anne
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner 2016 Honda Pilot
North Carolina
Hi, Brenda. I’ll use Tammy’s list to tell you how I use the Parkliner space. Lots of options, but this is how mine is now organized after 4 years. I love the Parkliner and hope you enjoy yours as well.

Starting in the galley then clockwise around the camper:
1. Cabinet over microwave- empty plastic containers, and containers with spices and condiments like vinegar, etc.
2. Tall cabinet- Nesting aluminum/ceramic cookware, plus a plastic magazine holder with collapsible kettle, measuring cups, and assorted other cooking things. (All of which live there all the time.). A rack on the door (mounted high) holds coffee press, tea, etc.
3. Drawer- silverware, scissors and small tools
4. Lower cabinet #1 (no heater or cooktop) holds butane burners and butane canisters
4b Bottom cabinet holds nested Corelle dinnerware, plastic glasses, coffee cups
5. Breakfast supplies in plastic containers
6. Clothes in pack-it containers and mesh laundry bags
7. Rear cabinet- Ditto. I use the back corners for permanent storage of things like a poncho, wind jacket, etc
8. Varies. Usually seasonal clothing, or dog’s stuff.
9. Candles, battery lights, snacks
10. Plastic bags, foil, etc. plus food
11. Over dinette- food
12. Over dinette- First aid, bug spray, meds
13. Lower storage left of dinette- Large pot, extra dog food
14. Space behind dinette seat, left of bathroom. I have a shelf and cabinet with door above. Behind the seat are sleeping bags and other bedding. In the cabinet above the seat are “office/study” with maps, binocs, field guides, travel info.
15. Upper Bathroom cabinet- towels, toiletries, extra TP
15 b. Lower bathroom cabinet - plastic containers with hardware, tools, and camp gear like fire starters, rope, clothespins, etc
16. Tall closet- Lower part holds camp chairs, folding table, collapsible broom, and jack stands. Upper holds a few hanging things, and hooks velcroed to the bar for coat and backpack storage
17. Over door shelf- hats and occasionally vegetable storage
18. Lower cabinet to the left of bed area has a plastic bin wedged into the space with canned goods.
19. Under bed, two large plastic containers. One for cleaning supplies and misc., the other for shoes. These are held in place by an adjustable shower curtain rod during travel.

I store hoses, electrical gear, camp setup things, etc in two waterproof containers that can live outside and travel in front of the step up to the back level held in place again by an adjustable rod. Or can live under the bed, if i’m leaving the bed down in camp.

Now I’m going to go back to Tammy’s list and see if I can improve this organization!

And I agree with Linny. Put everything back!!!
neparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:51 AM   #29

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol and Mike View Post
Yes, we do love our Oliver! In the beginning we carried more stuff than we needed - we might need this or we might need that. No more “might needs”. We either need it or we don’t. Less stuff has a calming effect for us, keep it simple!
We are minimalist campers just like you folks, our new 17 Casita is our first trailer in 40 years and we love it. Let me say here that the Casita is a test travel trailer to see if we want a larger one and the Oliver Legacy 23 is in the back of our mind all the time. It will depend on how much we use our Casita which will be the determining factor if we move up or not. We wouldn't be buying an Oliver for more space to care things, we would want it for easy of use and more interior room, plus it's one of the top quality trailers on the market today. We are not going boondocking and hope we can always find a nice place to camp and visit with other campers, it's great with friends. P S just came through your town on our way to Bandera to the Casita Rally, what a wonderful area in Texas to live.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 07:23 AM   #30

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
We are minimalist campers just like you folks, our new 17 Casita is our first trailer in 40 years and we love it. Let me say here that the Casita is a test travel trailer to see if we want a larger one and the Oliver Legacy 23 is in the back of our mind all the time. It will depend on how much we use our Casita which will be the determining factor if we move up or not. We wouldn't be buying an Oliver for more space to care things, we would want it for easy of use and more interior room, plus it's one of the top quality trailers on the market today. We are not going boondocking and hope we can always find a nice place to camp and visit with other campers, it's great with friends. P S just came through your town on our way to Bandera to the Casita Rally, what a wonderful area in Texas to live.

trainman
You should try to attend the Oliver Rally next spring at Lake Guntersville State Park in Alabama. Lots of Olivers but also had Casita, Scamp and Bigfoot represented. This thread makes me think that “organizing” might be a good topic for one of our sessions at the rally! Mike
2016 Oliver Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 10:00 AM   #31

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol and Mike View Post
You should try to attend the Oliver Rally next spring at Lake Guntersville State Park in Alabama. Lots of Olivers but also had Casita, Scamp and Bigfoot represented. This thread makes me think that “organizing” might be a good topic for one of our sessions at the rally! Mike
Casita's have 4-5 Rally's in Texas each year, the last one in Bandera drew some 160 trailers and some 265 plus people. There were a lot of other fiberglass trailers there, yes I saw 3-4 Olivers, plus several Escapes, Scamps, etc. If we ever do go to a Oliver we will still do the Casita Rally's as we have made several friends with Casita's. I think it's not so much the make of trailer as it is enjoying time with friends.

trainman
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote