origanal boler color question - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #1

Name: kenny
Trailer: 93 "Lil" Bigfoot 13.5'
Utah
origanal boler color question

Hi all

My sister has a 1976 Boler and is planning on repainting it to the original color scheme. It has a 5"+- gel coat band around the belly band top and bottom. It's a lime green, and darker green combo the darker green is slightly darker than the lime color. The two bands appear to be original Gel coat, put on at the time of manufacture. These bands have been over painted with one light brown and dark brown color. I have been doing some fiberglass work on damaged areas, and sanded thru the brown paint to the green. My sister says the trailer should be painted the off white color and the two tone brown bands, to stay original. I say to paint the surround bands the green colors, to stay original. She says when attending Boler events, and looking into the sales information on the trailers, she has never seen a trailer painted green on these bands. She wants to keep as much original as possible. ( as per antique roadshow)????? My question,,,has anyone seen a Boler with these colors, as original??? It doesn't matter to me, only to my sister (perhaps a little fanatical).

Later Kenny
Kenny Strong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:21 PM   #2

Trailer: Class A Motorhome
Haven't a clue, but I do know that putting in different colors and designs in the mold with the Gelcoat is very difficult and increases production costs. Based on that I'd "guess" no.

But, if she is looking for "Original", isn't she worried about removing the original patina?????

Bob Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #3

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Kenny when you talk about bands are you referring to the decals that go around the trailer?

If so the History of the Boler Trailer may help you out with it. But we have a lot of Boler's attend our meets and I have to agree with your sister if you are talking about the decals - I have personally dont recall seeing green decals - as yous sister suggests most I have seen are the two tone gold/brown. But then again its not to often that I have seen any decals on an older 13'

If you want to get the final word on it you should check in with the folks at the Bolerama.org.

Edit to add: Here is a link to a 1977 Boler Brochure which shows the 13' without any decals.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #4

Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Kenny when you talk about bands are you referring to the decals that go around the trailer?

If so the History of the Boler Trailer may help you out with it. But we have a lot of Boler's attend our meets and I have to agree with your sister if you are talking about the decals - I have personally dont recall seeing green decals - as yous sister suggests most I have seen are the two tone gold/brown. But then again its not to often that I have seen any decals on an older 13'

If you want to get the final word on it you should check in with the folks at the Bolerama.org.

Edit to add: Here is a link to a 1977 Boler Brochure which shows the 13' without any decals.
Carol...

I went to the History of Boler Link that you posted and the trailer that was shown looks exactly like my sisters ( could be it) It has the same stripes. they live in Canmore Alberta. They bought it near Canmore. I don't think it would be American, I could ask if there are manufacturing #s so it could be researched further. Thanks Carol for your aid!!!

Later Kenny
Old 01-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #5

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Strong View Post
Carol...

I went to the History of Boler Link that you posted and the trailer that was shown looks exactly like my sisters ( could be it) It has the same stripes. they live in Canmore Alberta. They bought it near Canmore. I don't think it would be American, I could ask if there are manufacturing #s so it could be researched further. Thanks Carol for your aid!!!

Later Kenny
Hi Kenny if thats the case the Boler on the front page of the History of the Boler link with the strips are pretty common strips as mentioned - gold and brownish/gold. They are decals for sure not gelcoat and that is a pretty typical Canadian Boler...... as far as I can recall the Boler America were only built in 1972?
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #6

Utah
Carol thanks for your help!!!

later Kenny

Tags
boler