Other FGRV's and trailers - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #29
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
What Roger said, but I was also referring to your comments about resale value. You really can't compare my '89 Casita with a Bigfoot or a 19' Scamp. Does your Scamp have insulated and heated holding tanks? My Casita doesn't. Is your Scamp 8' wide? My Casita isn't. Are your walls insulated? My Casita's aren't. What size are your tanks? Mine are tiny. None of this may be important to you and that's fine, but it IS added value.

We could go on and on. The fact is they are different. Just like your Scamp is different from my Casita. Trying to make an issue of it is just plain silly. I guarantee you that my bicycle is way cheaper per inch than my tow vehicle is, but it sure doesn't suit all my needs.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:17 PM   #30

Trailer: Casita 16 ft 1984 and U-Haul CT13 1985
Registry
Quote:
This website is about and for ALL brands.
That's what I love about this website. Another member once said something like "I love molded FBG trailers so much that I even love the ones that I didn't think I liked". That's how I feel too. It's wonderful to see the diversity of trailers that's found here at FiberglassRV, and the helpfulness and creativeness of their owners. Thanks so much Mike for making it all possible!

Jeanne

Old 01-18-2008, 03:26 PM   #31
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Among the things that we try not to do here is to compare brands of vehicles or trailers. Why? Because it invariably turns into an argument where no one wins. If people want to argue the virtues of their own trailers, there are websites where they can. Just not here.

Besides, we all know that the trailer that WE own is the very best. We just try not to brag about it too much.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:14 PM   #32

Name: Byron
Trailer: 2006 Scamp 13' towed with a 2005 Dodge Dakota 4.7l Magnum W/full tow package (over kill)
Oregon
Registry
Quote:
Among the things that we try not to do here is to compare brands of vehicles or trailers. Why? Because it invariably turns into an argument where no one wins. If people want to argue the virtues of their own trailers, there are websites where they can. Just not here.

Besides, we all know that the trailer that WE own is the very best. We just try not to brag about it too much.
I think there's been a lot of comparing brands on MFROG. Comparing Scamp and Casita is quite common. Furthermore I think a lot of what we're all about here is comparing brands. The problem occurs when the Ford guy gets personal with the Chevy guy. Now we throw in a few more brands and we get one or two really defensive about their brand, then nothing constructive can come out. The best decisions are made knowing the negatives about any given brand or model as well as the positives. The bad news, many people get upset when a negative is mentioned about their favorite Lincoln. Then attempts are made to rationalize or minimalize those negatives and a war ensues. Wouldn't it be better to acknowledge those negatives. Scamps lack of perfect fit and polish are less important to me than to some. The point here is that without knowing about these things you get surprises.

Even talking about installing a microwave oven in your 1970s Boler is in a way comparing with a new trailer that has one already installed.

I think the appeal of this and other forums, mailing list, etc. is finding out about the negatives along with finding out when one raises it's ugly head, how it was dealt with.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:20 AM   #33
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Quote:
The problem occurs when the Ford guy gets personal with the Chevy guy.
I think threads like this are valuable, and help owners and potential owners in sorting through the facts and myths regarding FGRVs in general and in some cases in specific brands. A direct comparisons of brands is interesting when it involves a factual discussion of the differences and similarities in construction and how one brand dealt with a design issue differently from another. It's also interesting to get the opinions of owners of a specific brand about the strong points and shortcomings of the one they own and how those design differences work in real life. When a thread heads toward "my dog is better than your dog", comparatives based on conjecture, or criticisms based on "well, I thought", it's usefulness becomes questionable.

This thread has been interesting, and has brought out some significant factual information regarding the construction of a number of different brands. The discussion has run it's course, however, so it's time to close the thread.

Closed Thread