Other Fiberglass RVs - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2012, 06:55 AM   #21

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djtriceflt View Post
Whoo boy, not for me living near the FL. Keys!

I know some of you love that cold stuff but parts of the Natl. Park are closed and pulling an RV on the Blue Ridge may be just a wee tricky at times...
There is NO winter south of Iowa
Old 11-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #22

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
The most objective view of our little circle of wagons that I've seen, Francesca. Thank you.

jack
Old 11-04-2012, 12:07 PM   #23

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Mike we cant you know the secret hand shake! Besides many have gone to the dark side only to return, so there is still hope for you! Right Jim
Yup. I do admire the Lil Snoozy and the Escape 19. Someday......
Old 11-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #24

Name: Dave W
Trailer: Trillium 4500 - 1976, 1978, 1979, 1300 - 1977, and a 1973
Alberta
Registry
There was a discussion with the owner of a sticky, a 1978 Kit Road Ranger. It was in a discussion with him. (http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...lly-54551.html) that I got the idea to look beyond Trillium trailers for the http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...wer-54226.html that I have been looking for. It is my belief that this unit is required to get the claimed heat output of Duo-Therm furnaces that are installed in Trillium trailers.

My point being that there is often enough overlap between our interests, that an informative discussion is possible for sides.

It may be best to keep it as focused as possible, or in the General Chat group.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #25

Trailer: Helite
There was a question on this site posted by a person with a Fiberglass RV that fit in the bed of his pickup and I felt he was treated with disrespect because it was not a Tow Behind. This site is Fiberglassrv.com not Towbehind Fiberglassrv.

Why on earth would someone want to limit this site to only tow behind?
Old 11-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #26

Delaware
Art, as far as I'm concerned, you're more than welcome to stay even if you don't like the published limits of the subject material. There is such a thing as not giving notice that you're going to fly under the radar. Like if it's really, really, really important to you and you just didn't know. Make the best use of the site you can, help others, enjoy yourself. Paint OPPO in big letters on your posts and there are those here who will return the favor.

For an example of an acceptable off-topic topic, take a look at the referral post for 2000 Airstream Bambi. It is acceptable because: 1) it's in the correct pigeonhole--referrals (well amost as the subject trailer is not molded FRP; 2) discussion is desultory and non-confrontational; 3) some of the folks who have and could in future challenge the expression of your views assume it to be acceptable. There is even a link to a frame-up Airstream restoration. Are we being hypocritical? Is there some ambiguity about what goes and what doesn't. Of course.

jack
Old 11-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #27

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit View Post
Art, as far as I'm concerned, you're more than welcome to stay even if you don't like the published limits of the subject material.
I suspect Art knows that he is more than welcome to hanging out with us and participating in discussions - moulded fiberglass trailer owner or not - as he has been doing it since 06 and as far as I am aware he has never been asked to leave.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:27 AM   #28

Delaware
Right Carol. Early in the thread, he was told he could leave because of his tude. I said I'd prefer he stays no matter his offense. I did not check to see if he had "oldtimer" status. I certainly would not presume to be polite to someone who knows the game.

jack
Old 11-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #29

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art VanDelay View Post

Why on earth would someone want to limit this site to only tow behind?

I don't think I have ever seen anyone try to do that. I have seen members try and be helpful and guide people to "sites" that may be more helpful to their needs. I myself, have spent time, etc helping members find their perfect trailer, I have even went so far as getting a rv-friend to check out a molded fiberglass trailer that was for sale in the state he spends his summers for a member here. But I wouldn't spend the same effort to help someone find their perfect stickie (Not that I don't like stickies! I have owned several ). But that is not my interest, nor the interest of "Fiberglassrv".

I don't get it, there are thousands of sites that are brand, type, style specific and I see nothing wrong with fiberglassrv.com staying molded fiberglass specific.

If you want fiberglassrv opened up to all types, brands, etc why not join rv.net? Rv.net encompasses all brands, makes, etc.

If fiberglassrv is gonna become Kumbaya-ish then we need to have, sub-forums for tenting, MH's, pop-ups, etc etc etc.

Then open up the spammers that by the way, ( the moderators spend valuable time trying to keep off of this "site") because the spammers could have a argument that there are probably members here to have simular interest as what they are selling.

Why not open it up to political commentary, coupon club, and the girl and boy scouts and incontinency subjects, cause I am sure there are members here who have interest in each topic! It could get absurd.........................
Old 11-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #30

Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft / 2001 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
I have lots of hobbies, so I participate in lots of forums. This is the one of the most polite, civil ones I've seen.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:21 AM   #31

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
what kind of trailer is a Helite anyway?
Old 11-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #32

Delaware
Think it's a popup.

jack
Old 11-06-2012, 12:22 PM   #33

Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2001 Casita Spirit Deluxe (I'm down to 2!)
Somehow my post was removed near the start of this thread for not being on point,although it clearly was?

Now I read many post in this that are so far from the point I am baffled and many by the person who gave my post the Axe Too!

Go ahead and try to run me off!
I am not going anywhere!
Old 11-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #34

Registry
What puzzles me about this thread is that this isn't the first time around for this question & not the first time for the OP to raise it either. Its pretty clear what the forums focus is, as its clearly stated on the front page "Home of Lightweight Molded Fiberglass Trailers". Personally have never seen anyone here behave in a rude or uptight fashion when they have guided someone off to a site where their question or equipment is a better fit. Or at least certainly not at the same fire storm level that is sometimes seen used by those pushing for the change to this forums focus.

I know not so long ago I pointed a party asking about a fiberglass truck camper off this site to a place that would be far more helpful to them in finding what they were after. They sure were not upset about it - in fact they came back and gave a *BIG* thanks for it as they found what they were after. Had they hung around here they would have been waiting a long time for what they needed/wanted.

As I said its a puzzling situation
Old 11-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #35

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
Somehow my post was removed near the start of this thread for not being on point,although it clearly was?

Now I read many post in this that are so far from the point I am baffled and many by the person who gave my post the Axe Too!

Go ahead and try to run me off!
I am not going anywhere!
Here is your redacted post, Ed! And my comment to Jack removed.!!
Art

I am pretty sure this Forum is targeted at "Molded" Fiberglass RV and not all Fiberglass as you are asking?

I do think if someone suggests looking elsewhere for answers the main purpose is the provide better more focused help than they might find here.

You are right that most RV's have similar systems but there are also differences some subtle and some not subtle and people should feel free to offer whichever kind of assistance they can.
If that help is somewhere else what is the harm in saying so instead of being frustrated looking for an answer where there may not be any?

Ed
Old 11-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #36

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
Go ahead and try to run me off! I am not going anywhere!
why to stand up for yourself there Ed!
Old 11-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #37

Delaware
Redacted texts and Mondays always get me down!

jack
Old 11-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #38

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
Art, There is a post today about an Aluminum Scarestreem and all is jovial.
Relax and enjoy the site.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #39

Name: Charlie
Trailer: '83 Burro
Virginia
Registry
This site helped me find out which trailer I wanted to concentrate on finding, and this, along with the 4-Sale site helped me find the one I eventually bought. Finding out about aluminum campers, or slide in campers or motor homes would have been OK, but would not have filled the need I had... and there are lots of sites of a more general nature or dedicated to these other branches of the camping hobby. They aren't wrong nor is this site always right, but this site is about fiberglass moulded body campers and does this one special thing very well... why ask it to do something else? If you wanted to find out about modern military weapons would you try to get information from an archery site?

Froggie
Old 11-07-2012, 02:43 PM   #40

Trailer: 2010 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Art, are you the same Art VanDelay who is an importer/exporter with VanDelay Industries who wants to quit exporting to focus on importing?

Sorry - just saw that on Seinfeld
Closed Thread