Other Fiberglass RVs - Fiberglass RV

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #1

Name: Art
Trailer: Helite
Other Fiberglass RVs

If I remember correctly back when the forum started it stated Fiberglass RV and went on to say you didn’t have to have a Fiberglass RV just be an enthusiasts.

I have always felt that this site has been less than courteous to those who ask a question and their RV not fit into the narrow description of a towable Fiberglass RV.

The reason for my thinking on that subject is because 90% of the questions are RV questions that are general in nature and can be answered by one of our experts.

Pointing people to other sites that best suits their needs is OK

A Fiberglass RV is by all definitions a Fiberglass RV regardless of whither it is carried or towed
Just Saying.

Old 11-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #2

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2008 13' Scamp
British Columbia
Seriously though I thought the forum was striking a pretty good balance at keeping primarily FG RV oriented without being unhelpful to non-FG posters. I think it is a balancing act, I've seen other forums where there was a lot of "drift" and the original purpose of the forum became quite diluted.

Good point though, at the end of the day we all have a lot in common with anyone else that takes any kind of rig on the road.

Ron

Old 11-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #3

Name: Bill
Trailer: Lil Snoozy / Jeep Cherokee
Pennsylvania
Registry
Personally I have no issue with any type of trailer. I own what I own, because it is what I like or could afford. Your trailer choice is no different than your right to make whatever personal choice it may be. I have seen very few narrow minded comments on this web site indicating a general disrespect for other people's rights to choose. I have seen comments that reflect a desire to convince people advantages exist with fiberglass trailers.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #4

Name: Rosemary
Trailer: Cardinal (Restoring)
California
Art, your comments are so far off base. Thanks Jim for editing. Bill you said it right on.
I personally do not have a FiberGlass RV, but have made wonderful friends and learned my great ideas on this site. If you dont like it Art...leave.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #5

Name: Michael
Trailer: Li'l Hauley
Oklahoma
Some people join and ask questions that reveal they do not understand the nature of our little trailers. We try to gently let them know what we're about and that answers may be hard to come by here to their specific questions. Such answers could easily be taken the wrong way, I suppose. But other than that, I think we're a pretty open and kind group overall.

You certainly didn't kick me out when I sold the Burro...
How much time do we have left? 2 Chr. 7:14
Old 11-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #6

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
Leaving

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRIZZO View Post
Art, your comments are so far off base. Thanks Jim for editing. Bill you said it right on.
I personally do not have a FiberGlass RV, but have made wonderful friends and learned my great ideas on this site. If you dont like it Art...leave.
When I first purchased my Dodge truck ,I joined the Ram Truck Forum on the web. My purpose was to learn about the vehicle I had purchased . After about two weeks of being a member I realized that the site was not for me. There were posts constantly questioning the intelligence of any one who owned a Chevy or Ford truck or who didn't use the same motor oil or their posts were just plain anal . I removed myself from their membership list . I think people can come to their own conclusions about this website and decide to stay or leave on their own .I have not seen childish or ill mannered behavior displayed here very often and I have always been allowed to add my two cents worth
Old 11-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #7

Name: Donna D
Trailer: Escape 5.0 TA, 2014
Oregon
Over the years I've found people concentrate more on the forum title name than what is contained inside. The home page is the beginning. If anyone reads the fine print, they know what the focus is for FiberglassRV.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Home-02.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	52731

Click image for larger version

Name:	Home-01.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	52730
Old 11-03-2012, 04:41 PM   #8

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
Non owners are great. You guys brought me into the fold and gave me a wonderful hobby. What will I do when all the repairs are done and I can just sit and admire?
Old 11-03-2012, 04:50 PM   #9

Name: Kinga DeRode
Trailer: For Sale Or Rent
Rooms to Let 50 Cents
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue and Henry View Post
...... What will I do when all the repairs are done and I can just sit and admire?

Camp?
Old 11-03-2012, 05:41 PM   #10

Name: Sue and Greg
Trailer: 1982 Burro 13 foot and a 2015 Casita Spitit Deluxe 17 ft.
Washington
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas G.

Camp?
You betcha!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #11

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
You certainly didn't kick me out when I sold the Burro...
Mike we cant you know the secret hand shake! Besides many have gone to the dark side only to return, so there is still hope for you! Right Jim
Old 11-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #12

Name: jim
Trailer: 2016 2ndGen Escape19 Prairie Schooner pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Right......
Old 11-03-2012, 07:15 PM   #13

Trailer: Chalet
Send a message via Yahoo to Lynn Musgrave
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRIZZO View Post

X2.....I know it is all personal conception ,but I have never thought that anyone on this sight has ever been rude or off base to anyone that has stopped by,yes some people have suggested that they might have more luck looking at different sights more related to their needs.....but NEVER has anyone ever been treated with disrsepct,at least not IMHO. If I was working on a certain brand of older model style of camper I would be very glad that someone pointed me in that direction. Then if I found what I wanted here I would stay here and learn. OH Wait that is what I did!

We tried a Casta,but my DH is claustrophobic and just could not enjoy being inside that close quaters.We both still want one,but we both still enjoy this sight and all the friends we have here....and have both learned so much and hope we have shared a lot too.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #14

Name: don
Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT-13
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue and Henry View Post
Non owners are great. You guys brought me into the fold and gave me a wonderful hobby. What will I do when all the repairs are done and I can just sit and admire?
I recommend the Smoky Mountains before/after winter!

Closed Thread