Our egg hunt - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2010, 04:59 PM   #1
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
This past fall we decided it was time to replace our Chalet A frame with something new. Because of their longevity a fiberglass camper with a front dinette and rear bed seemed like a good fit. Crank out jalousie windows were a must as was an early June delivery date.

No Escape

We did a lot of research and finally ordered a 15' Escape. Unfortunately what they called louvered windows are not jalousies but rather a single pane egress window. Jalousie windows were not available. We cancelled our order and received most of our deposit back.

Can't Scamper

Next we went to Scamp. A 13 foot dlx was our next choice. Our salesman quickly sent us an order sheet but the dvd/brochure/fabric samples did not follow. After several weeks a call to the factory finally produced the dvd etc. Unfortunately by the time we were ready to finalize our order, a June delivery date was no longer possible. It turns out the pickup date on the order form is meaningless.

Trilliums in Bloom in VT.

Having travelled through Elkhart last summer seeing one RV plant after another closed down I had completely discounted Trillium as a viable option. I was wrong. TrilliumRV is producing 1300's in Los Angeles. The first east coast shipment arrived last week. We met Tom Young in Syracuse, N.Y. to take delivery of ours with the remaining 3 going to buyers in Canada. Well before June and lots of Jalousie windows. What a long strange trip its been. If the picture loads, ours is one on the back. Raz

Attached Thumbnails
Trillium_Express.jpg  
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:03 PM   #2

Trailer: R-Vision
Congratulations, that's one way to haul a bunch of eggs I guess. LOL
Mike Ames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 05:20 PM   #3

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
Raz What a nice trailer you have. My wife and I visited Tom at his then plant in Concord California and were really impressed with the build quality of the Trillium. We plan to purchase one as soon as our finances permit, hopefully within 6 months or so. Please let me know ( on the forum or PM ) what you like, don't like, would do differently, etc. as this info could be helpfull in our upcoming purchase. Thanks Lee

Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:18 PM   #4

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
What a round about trip to get the exact trailer you wanted. Too cool. Anyone that knows me knows I would LOVE to have the old fashion jalousie windows. But at this time, I looks like I'll be settling for double-pane in a 5th wheel and only Escape is doing that. Different trailers, different features... isn't it nice we have such a wide variety to choose from. That wasn't always the case.

I hope your Trillium brings you many, many happy memories. Please share your trips and camping pictures with us... we love it!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:17 PM   #5

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Raz, Congrats! Pic's please! I had talked to Tom a few years ago when I began our search. Very nice Man, only issue they didn't make one with a bathroom at that time and that was a must have for me. I was impressed and that is not easy to do, especially when I am speaking with a sales person. Well enjoy your new egg!

Donna, did I misunderstand your statement? Are you getting a 5'er Escape? Was your statement a clue or a wish?
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 08:03 AM   #6

Trailer: 2010 Trillium 13 ft (California-made)
Registry
Hi Lee and everyone,

I'm Raz's, um, better(?) half

We've had the little Trill only since last Friday but have explored every nook & cranny in the rig over the past few days ... what fun!

It has a sturdy body and the components (fan, stove, sink, etc.) are top-notch There is an amazing amount of storage space.

We expect to have our shake-down cruise later this week or next ... then do some tweakin' & tinkerin' to make it more "ours". And, yah, we'll be reporting in from time to time with pictures of our tweaks & trips ........ and probably asking fg questions that newbies have asked a million times in the past

Thanks for all the good wishes
Maggie

Quote:
Raz What a nice trailer you have. My wife and I visited Tom at his then plant in Concord California and were really impressed with the build quality of the Trillium. We plan to purchase one as soon as our finances permit, hopefully within 6 months or so. Please let me know ( on the forum or PM ) what you like, don't like, would do differently, etc. as this info could be helpfull in our upcoming purchase. Thanks Lee
Old 05-18-2010, 08:44 AM   #7

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Welcome Maggie! Congrats on your new purchase! What fun! Enjoy!
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:54 AM   #8

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
So where are Trilliums produced now? (factory location)
Do they sell direct or through camper places?
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 12:00 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
So where are Trilliums produced now? (factory location)
Do they sell direct or through camper places?
The Trillium factory is in Brea, California. There are no dealerships.

You can contact them via http://www.trilliumrv.com or via e-mail Sales[at]TrilliumRV.com .

The owner is an amazing man with a real passion for his little eggs.

We're still exploring our's! Imagine that many nooks and crannies in a 13 footer
Old 05-18-2010, 05:09 PM   #10
Raz

Pretty sorry day when your wife highjacks your thread! Oh well,I have to be nice as she owns the camera. We will post details with pictures, likes, dislikes, mods, etc.

A point of interest. Tom's delivery trailer was designed by him. It holds 3 trailers. They are attached with ratchet webbing around the wheels and a hitch ball that can be correctly positioned. There is a channel for the dolly wheel. This allows for easy unloading. The fourth trailer sits in the pickup bed with the wheels removed. To answer the obvious question... It requires a forklift for removal. Tom says any good marina has one, Truck and trailer are over 50 ft. long. Raz
Old 05-18-2010, 09:00 PM   #11

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Congrat's on the new trailer can't wait for the pics . Did you just get a factory made trailer or did you add any xtra's onto the build ? And if you don't mind me asking how much did you end up costing all said and done , cheers mike
Stoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:17 AM   #12

Registry
Ooooo ... deep embarrassment from The Wife

Quote:
Pretty sorry day when your wife highjacks your thread! Oh well,I have to be nice as she owns the camera. We will post details with pictures, likes, dislikes, mods, etc.

A point of interest. Tom's delivery trailer was designed by him. It holds 3 trailers. They are attached with ratchet webbing around the wheels and a hitch ball that can be correctly positioned. There is a channel for the dolly wheel. This allows for easy unloading. The fourth trailer sits in the pickup bed with the wheels removed. To answer the obvious question... It requires a forklift for removal. Tom says any good marina has one, Truck and trailer are over 50 ft. long. Raz
Old 05-19-2010, 09:33 AM   #13

Trailer: 1973 Boler 1300 (Glass-Fab
Registry
Jalousie Windows. Yummmm!

Mike Bromley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 12:28 PM   #14
Raz

First Mike -- classic model. we added electric brakes, a furnace, and a 3 way fridge. about 13k u.s. For reasons I don't know crossing that imaginary line (border) adds about 3k. Wasn't NAFTA suppose to take care of that? Anyway, delivery to western NY about 1k more. Taxes reg inspection about $800.

Second Mike-- its raining in VT today and all the windows are open. Raz
Old 05-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #15

Thanx for the info it's appreciated I ordered a trillium for the wife not long ago and when it's finished I'll post up some pics and info on mods as well as the finally tally , cheers mike
Old 05-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #16
Raz

Quote:
Thanx for the info it's appreciated I ordered a trillium for the wife not long ago and when it's finished I'll post up some pics and info on mods as well as the finally tally , cheers mike
Trillium outback or trilliumrv?
Old 05-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #17

A trillium outback the factory is only 3 hrs from the house we take delivery 2nd wk in june and we'll update our original thread with pics ect . when she arrives , cheers mike

Tags
eggcamper