Our first trip out... - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-17-2012, 08:43 PM   #1

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19' /2010 Honda Pilot 4WD TV
Escondido, California
Our first trip out...

We'll we went on our first camping trip with our new Escape 19' at Pismo Beach over the Thanksgiving week and have included some pictures here.

This was our campsite. We were pretty packed in with other campers but that is what learning is all about. We had full hookups.

This was the main coarse for our first meal the night we arrived; Tri Tip steak on the barbeque.

We wanted our first breakfast to be special so we had thick-sliced bacon, scrambled eggs and blue berry pancakes with champagne.

Here we were out for a drive on Pismo Beach.

We had a great first camping trip and learned a lot about what we need to change on the next trip; lots of stuff we brought that we don't need, lots of things we need to do about the arrangement in the trailer for next time, we really don't like close quarters camping with a lot of smoke coming from everyone's camp fires....maybe more remote camping is in our future plans, and dozens of additional lessons learned for the future.

Overall, we just love out trailer and plan to go out again over Christmas week, this time a vagabond trip...no reservations...just go! We can't wait!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:49 PM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Wonderful! We should all be so lucky, new trailer and looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing the pics
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:07 PM   #3

Name: Linda
Trailer: '77 Scamp
California
Registry
That Pismo Beach campground is crowded, but I still enjoy camping there. But I prefer the state beach campgrounds farther north up the coast near Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz. You've got the right attitute. Just go for it and have fun. Keep the pictures coming on your next adventures. I love living vicariously while I'm working on getting my little scamp road-worthy.
Linda
Otters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:31 PM   #4

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
steve---congrats on your new escape! you'll be making so many memories in all the years to come that you might want to start a journal or photo book to remind you of them all.
sometimes we find campgrounds way too crowded, too. but mostly we enjoy having others nearby....as long as they are respectful and keep their noise down.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:31 PM   #5

Trailer: 2000 Burro 17 ft / 2001 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
Did you stay at the Pismo Coast Village RV park? I stayed there last year, I was planning to stay next door at the state beach but half the sites were closed for remodeling, and the other half were first come first serve and we were too late. I too prefer the public parks, don't need the hookups and the sites are further apart from each other, it's just more natural feeling.
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #6

Name: Scott
Trailer: Casita
Massachusetts
Looks like you had a great time. I'm heading out on my first trip next week so I feel your excitement.
Big O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #7

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
If you like the area instead of camping at the beach go east from Pismo to lake lopez. If you had 4wd you could have drove down the beach and camped in the dunes. No hook-ups but a great different experience.
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
Commercial Member

Name: Rob
Trailer: Casita
Kansas
Registry
Looks like a great first outing.

Nice trailer and that is my kind of breakfast!