Our new 2007 13’ Scamp story - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-02-2007, 08:52 PM   #1

Trailer: 2007 13 ft Scamp
This past July we picked up our brand new 2007 13 foot Scamp ‘Package’ model. We have driven 6,000 kilometers this year and enjoyed it tremendously. We bought some of the listed options like furnace, awning and fantastic fan. Based on some discussions and seeing a 3 year old Scamp, we included some other options:

1. A door on the bottom half of the closet. This is really handy, especially after I added adjustable shelves in the closet.
2. Linoleum floor. It’s really easy to clean.
3. An additional overhead storage unit.
4. Crank out windows. We really wanted this instead of the sliders. Well, Scamp now offers brand new crank out windows that have rounded corners and look like the sliders. The crank out section is a centre section so it is not as large an opening as the older square crank out style window, but they work great and the rain does not come in.

I am not sure how long they have had the Catalina 2500 awning, but it is great and easy to set up. We are very pleased with this.

The inside height is 6’ 1”. My wife at 5’ 11” stands without hunching over.

Why did we buy the Scamp – we were after something small, light and low cost. We did not want to remodel/rebuild something old (my skills don’t lie in this area) so that meant something newer. Here in Calgary Alberta I looked at the Trillium but it is a bit heavier and quite a bit more money. With the Canadian dollar being so strong, the Scamp was a much better alternative for us. We usually camp in parks where there is no power, so minimal power requirements are important, a propane fridge, a heater for mountain camping, and solid walls between us and bears. The Scamp had it all and after traveling so many miles we realize 13 feet is enough for the two of us. We never felt cramped. Numerous people looked at it during our journey and everyone is quite surprised when they step into the trailer and realize how large it is on the inside.

We are looking forward to many years of S-camping.

Art
Art S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 08:55 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi Art----I am glad unit is working for you.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:42 AM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Glad to hear you like your purchase. Got any pictures????
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 10:42 AM   #4

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Congratulations, Art.

Scamps are exceptionally rare here. I've only seen two in the last few years that I've been keeping an eye our for them, although there may have been some 13' units without a Scamp name or logo that I thought were Boler 1300s.
Quote:
4. Crank out windows. We really wanted this instead of the sliders. Well, Scamp now offers brand new crank out windows that have rounded corners and look like the sliders. The crank out section is a centre section so it is not as large an opening as the older square crank out style window, but they work great and the rain does not come in.
Just like a Boler B1700! Both SG and RG versions have one window of this style - I think it works well.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp