Our new Parkliner - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #15

Name: Tim
Trailer: Class B for now
NY
Congats glad to hear you are enjoying your new camper.

Old 10-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #16

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8t View Post
T. (I'm guessing you meant butyl?)
Yup sure did!! LOL love it always interesting what happens when I try and type of the tiny iphone....

Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #17
k8t

Name: Katie
Trailer: ParkLiner ordered mid-March 2013
California
Thanks Tim! Thanks Brian! You guys provided lots of beneficial information along our way. So valuable!!!

Carol - OMG the auto correct on the iPhone has gotten me into more trouble than I can believe! LOL
Old 10-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #18

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
Hi Katie,
It was interesting that when talking face to face with other FG camper owners at the rally, we were all respectful of each others choices and there was none of the trash talking that occurs all too often on this forum. Best wishes for all your future travels.

Let's not be so defensive of a member or members giving their experience of the absence of tire rub with their particular trailers. Don't think anyone has issues with Katie's purchase choice. Concern for one member to another. Lets not make it more.
I as a Casita owner as well as a owner of several other rv's over my adult life time have not experienced tire run either. And would be worried if a new trailer I purchased was having an issue. You as well as many other PL purchasers have spent good money to buy the perfect trailer for you.

As K8t has stated she had read and knew of the issue and went into her purchase knowing full well. But others may not be so well read and that is where the issue could happen. This forum was designed for members to share experiences. I don't see "trashing" with the experience shared.

As I have said with other PL issues that have been commented on in other topic's if there is a problem, I hope PL fixes them. I like the trailer, but I don't believe that every issue should be hushed up.
Frankly I see glass owners making negative comments of their particular brands all the time! Just a fact not every trailer that rolls off the line is perfect. But when safety issues are issues time and time again, then that is a problem. And again, I hope PL fixes the issues!!!!

If you wanna see an example of "trash talking" hang out on a stickie forum.

Honestly if there were safety issue with other brands I would hope members would talk about it. Not hide it!

Frankly I have never seen anyone here say a particular brand sucks! Ever! Have I seen someone say that something about a particular brands sucks? Yes! Usually the particular brands owner. Every brand! If your happy with your trailer that's great!

As I said, I like PL's. But just because someone mentions a issue doesn't mean they are trashing the brand.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #19

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
K8T and us exchange of information equates to trash talking. I don't see your point Brian but cheers anyway.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:01 PM   #20

Name: Carol
Trailer: 22' Airstream Formerly 16' Scamp
British Columbia
Registry
To clarify my position for those who seem to have read far more into my comments than was intended.

First of I fully respect others chooses of trailers. If we all liked the same thing and had the same trailers the world would be a pretty boring place! I have seen the PL up close and been in one and have no trouble at all seeing why someone might want one. My comments to Katie regarding the tire rubbing she has noted already after only one trip were simple meant as warning its not something one wants to see on any trailer! Especially not on a trailer that has a brand new axle. It results in a fast degrade of a tire and can create a very serious situation at a time she may lest expecting it. She has responded that she is aware of the issues and on top of it... its all good. Hopefully she will come up with a good long term fix for it. There are people here who due to lack of experience towing have no clue as to how serious an issue with tire rubbing of any kind is. If no one says a word about it then they sure as heck never will and simple carry on towing a trailer that those with more experience may not be willing to take any further than the repair shop.

Trust me I am just as likely to make comments regarding the imperfections of some of the features of the trailer brand I myself own! Actually have done it one more than a few occasions even though the consequences of the items that concern me are not nearly as serious ;-)
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 06:53 AM   #21

Name: Scott
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner
Georgia
Katie, Congratulations on your new trailer! We have enjoyed our PL immensely, and I hope you make many great memories with yours as well.

I don't want to speak for others, but I did NOT read Brian's post as a response to Carol's. I believe he was referring to some other threads that have gotten out of hand. Maybe he will clarify, but I wanted to at least suggest such an interpretation.
Old 10-16-2013, 08:13 AM   #22

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Why are you so defensive of a member giving her experience of the absence of tire rub with her particular trailer? I don't believe Carols comments were as you say, Trash talking!
I'm afraid that my post has been mischaracterized. To infer that I was accusing Carol of trash talking is incorrect. Frankly, I was not even considering Carol's post. The point I was trying to make was that we all make our own choices according what suits our preferences, needs and budgets. That's all. If you are happy with what you own, I'm happy for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
If you wanna see an example of "trash talking" hang out on a stickie forum.
I really don't want to see trash talking at all. I don't find it either constructive or useful. Pointing out a problem or defect to other members of this forum to warn of potential safety or utility issues is good. Offering a solution, good. Beating that problem to death, not so good. I will be forever grateful to "Birmingham" for discovering and posting the ParkLiner tire rub problem before I either suffered a blowout or the FG in the wheel wells rubbed all the way through.

As I stated in my previous post -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
It was interesting that when talking face to face with other FG camper owners at the rally, we were all respectful of each others choices and there was none of the trash talking that occurs all too often on this forum.
Again this was not directed to anyone specifically or any particular post, it was simply an observation that a diverse group of FGRV owners could come together, share observations, ideas, and experiences and have a very pleasant exchange without engaging in acrimony.

Sorry if you thought I was trying to push your buttons or those of anyone else on this forum. My intent was simply to congratulate Katie and her husband on their purchase, wish them well and share my experience that we can, indeed, get along despite the differences in what constitutes the ideal camper for each of us.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #23

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
There is a forum member (who I now have blocked) who had several of his posts deleted because he was trash talking ParkLiner, who doesn't own one.

I understand there are some issues ParkLiner owners are dealing with...constructive criticism is acceptable...what this forum member was saying wasn't.

Trash talking is often why I leave forums...don't need trolls.

Im aware, down the road Im probably going to either replace my axle with a lift kit for more room because I know eventually the axle will sag...but that hopefully shouldn't be an issue for at least 10 years.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #24

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
"Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be. There will be an answer let it be."

jack
Old 10-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #25
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: Escape 21; (formerly Casita LD 17 & 16)
Texas
Registry
Hi, everybody. Let's not rehash the past - it's over.

Closing this thread would be a disservice to the original poster (OP), so let's keep it supportive and informative - no grousing over past mistakes.

Thank you!
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #26

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
K8T I was curious if you bought your trailer sight unseen? I was thinking that is a long drive from CA without ever seeing one before. Did you end up going with a porta potty or the Macerator toilet option? Thanks.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #27

Name: None
Trailer: None
None
Congratulations!!! Hope it is a positive experience for you
Old 10-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #28

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
CONGRATULATIONS Katie !!
Wishing you and yours many wonderful adventures.

Thom (& Cari)

Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner