Our New Scamp is Home - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-16-2012, 06:33 PM   #15
Name: Daniel
Trailer: Scamp has Arrived - Layout 7
John Warren - Hey John... if you would like to stop by on your way to Spam City, drop me a message at DAN at SUNSETLANDING dot COM. We could compare rigs.

Thomas G - Yeah... I got the word about the Fantastic rain cover about a day after I had installed the MaxxAir 2. Oh well, if I donít like the M2 I can always get the other one. Itís only money. HAH!

Mary and Bob - Thanks for the reminder. We do know about the CO thing and are very cautious. I did install a CO detector but we tend to sleep cold anyway. I think Sue and I are descended from penguins.

Nick - Enjoy your 19 footer. It really is a nice unit. We seriously considered the 19 FW but I just canít give up my pickup topper... too handy. Thatís where we keep our recumbents.

RussellD (Lee) - Have fun at the Folk School. Grand Marais is one of our favorite places on this planet. We try to get there at least twice a year. Visited the wooden boat show last year. What a fabulous exhibit! The new Mexican restaurant is pretty good. And the municipal campground was way better than we expected. We usually stay at one of the Minnesota state parks on the North Shore.

To All - the curtain tie-backs are in place. I used 3M Command picture hanger thingies and light tan half-inch flat cording from the fabric shop. Works great and matches the Scamp curtains.

Got one of the MaxxAir window vents installed on the curb side dinette window. Quite a project but the next one will be much easier now that I have one under the belt.

Had to buy a new 2 inch drop ball mount. My old 3.5 inch mount was just too low.

Thatís all for now.

Dan and Susan

Dan Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #16
Name: Nick
Trailer: 2012 Lance 1885
Hey Dan - know what you mean about giving up the truck bed. I seriously debated a 16fter but since I'll most be living full time in it I decided the 5er was a better fit. I'll do something to reclaim some of that lost storage space.

nikljones is offline   Reply With Quote

all-electric, layout number 7, scamp