Our New Trailer - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2006, 10:29 PM   #1

Trailer: Outfitter Caribou 6.5 ft Truck Camper
Well, since we sold our Casita, here is our new travel trailer.

Diane
Attached Thumbnails
4.__Basque_Trailer__Custom_.JPG  
jdtrotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:34 PM   #2

Seriously, we drove to Colorado to pick up our new Truck Camper---fiberglass on the outside. The above trailer was in Ely, Nevada---an old Basque working trailer for watching the sheep.

We love our new camper, but there are things about the long lost Casita I miss. Here is our new traveling motel for real on highway 50--the one they call lonely, and we think is amazing. Love the wide open spaces in this basin and range country.

Happy Travels
Diane
Attached Thumbnails
2.__Lonely_road_2__Custom_.JPG  
Old 06-25-2006, 06:22 AM   #3

Trailer: Y2K6 Bigfoot 25 ft (25B25RQ) & Y2K3 Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Diane, share more photos... PLEASE!!!!!

Roger
Roger H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 07:54 AM   #4
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Hi, Diane! Condolences -- ah, I mean, congratulations -- on your new camper. Just kidding.

So is that kinda like a Compact on the back of a truck? Looks, from here, to be a pop top.

Seriously, I do hope that you enjoy your new accomodations. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 12:03 PM   #5

Trailer: 1999 17 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe ('Inn EggsIsle')
If you want to stay with the molded fiberglass truck camper here is a beauty,

http://roamerrv.com/index2.htm
Old 06-25-2006, 02:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Diane, share more photos... PLEASE!!!!!

Roger
OK---here goes. First I would like to say that I really believe there is no perfect RV, they all have their advantages and disadvantages---except I can't imagine us EVER having a monster machine. Our Casita served us well over many miles. Now we think this camper will do the job for some other places. Just want to keep on travelin.

The Outfitter is a pop-top---really quick and easy. The top is made out of a material called Weblon and is quite good in cold weather. And, it is not a sticky it has an aluminun frame.

A few inside shots
This shows where refrig is and the solar battery monitor. We ordered dual 6 batteries and a solar panel and love it----keeps the battery power going great.

Click image for larger version

Name:	0115nuiok.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	3648

Here is the table which does make into a bed if needed. Also, while it comes with one Fantastic Fan, we ordered an extra one over the overhead bed. It makes a great ventilation system when it is hot. We turn the lower one on 2 or 3 on the IN setting and the upper one on 1 on the Out setting. We also love the windows around the top. Oh, we also ordered no seeum screens. (Think we may not need the A/C)

Name:	0215nuo0m.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	3649

Another inside shot. You can see the crank--cranks up real easy. Also, under the overhead bed there is storage space. In this model made for the Tundra, the storage space is 7 in deep.

Name:	0315nw3gy.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	3650

Here it is set up in Colorado National Monument---a place we have never been before and it is beautiful. We will go back. We had to rush back to California due to a minor crisis with my 87 year old mother-in-law.

Will continue on next reply---too many images
Old 06-25-2006, 02:33 PM   #7

Here it is all set up in Colorado National Monument

Name:	0415nx2rp.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	3651

And to end this, here is a picture of a view in the Colorado National Monument---just a beautiful place, and one out on lonely Highway 50.

As confirmed Westerners, we just love the wide open spaces, and the basin and range country through which Highway 50 travels. For those old enough to remember, at any minute you expect to see Pa, Adam, Hoss and Little Joe riding off in the sunset.

Name:	0515nx4ll.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	3652

Bill, that looks like a great camper, but too big and heavy for us---maybe when Toyota builds a bigger truck.

No matter how you go, it is just great being back out there. Oh, did pass a Casita being towed by a T-100 on that great lonely highway

Happy Travels
Diane
Old 06-25-2006, 02:37 PM   #8

Here is the view in Colorado National Monument

Don't miss it! Steep climb up there, but worth it.

Diane
Attached Thumbnails
1.__Colorado_National_Monument_2__Custom_.JPG  
Old 06-25-2006, 03:05 PM   #9
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Thanks for the photos, Diane. It really seems to be just what you need.

Congratulations and happy travels.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 08:10 PM   #10

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Bath
Hi Diane - what a neat outfit you have now. Hope your Casita went to as good a home as you provided.

We drove thru Colorado Nat'l Monument on a visit to a friend in Crawford - it is truly, jaw-dropping gorgeous. We did not camp that trip, but as you have stated, we will return in the future.

Hope to see you-all down the road one of these days (or perhaps when we brave San Diego traffic again ) Whatever you do, don't leave FGRV!!!

Take care, L 'n D
Old 06-25-2006, 08:47 PM   #11

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Unhappy

Quote:
As confirmed Westerners, we just love the wide open spaces, and the basin and range country through which Highway 50 travels.
After 32 years in [b]San Diego, sometimes I still feel like a transplanted New Yorker.
Looks like a great camper!
Old 06-25-2006, 09:18 PM   #12

Quote:
Hi Diane - what a neat outfit you have now. Hope your Casita went to as good a home as you provided.

We drove thru Colorado Nat'l Monument on a visit to a friend in Crawford - it is truly, jaw-dropping gorgeous. We did not camp that trip, but as you have stated, we will return in the future.

Hope to see you-all down the road one of these days (or perhaps when we brave San Diego traffic again ) Whatever you do, don't leave FGRV!!!

Take care, L 'n D
Thanks---I don't want to leave FGRV.

The Casita went to a very good home, we think.

The only thing you have traffic wise in Ponderosa land that we don't have are those awful Triple Wiggle Big Trucks speeding along Highway 80! OK, it is not anywhere near as crazy and awful as is the San Diego traffic which is almost as bad as Los Angeles any more.

A return to Colorado National Monument is a MUST.

Quote:
After 32 years in San Diego, sometimes I still feel like a transplanted New Yorker.
Guess we never leave our roots totally behind.

Happy Travels
Diane
Old 06-25-2006, 09:22 PM   #13

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
I have friends with a large truck camper and can see many advantages. They have everything I do as far as amenities and they can pretty much go anywhere. It has a little less floor space, and there generally isn't much imagination left in floor plans, but they do just fine.

They have been known to drop the camper and take the truck out on it's own. Something I enjoy doing is snooping around back roads. Those places I cannot get the trailer into, they would have no trouble with the camper.
Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote