Old 08-28-2007, 10:44 PM   #15

Name: Frederick
Trailer: Fiber Stream
California
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Talking

Quote:
We bought one this year and found it to be very handy. It comes in it's own zippered bag and sets up in a couple of minutes.
I have a very simple one, basically a table with a lower shelf, hooks on the sides, and a zippered storage case. I use it the most on my deck at home, for the portable tabletop barbecue. I also take it to Bullard's, for Nancy to use in the common area.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:34 AM   #16

Name: Al
Trailer: Scamp
North Carolina
Eric, we've had Coleman's predecessor to the model in your initial post for close to twenty years and have found it to be a useful addition to our gear. Most of our camping is done in National Forests where the amenities seldom consist of anything more than a picnic table and a combo grill and fire ring if that. We set up a screen room over the table which is usually 'fixed' and can't be moved. The 'kitchen' goes next to the grill for additional table space for cooking accessories. For us, a big part of the camping experience is cooking breakfast and dinner outside. Nothing beats bacon. eggs and coffee around a morning fire unless its enjoying an adult beverage with the wife while grilling freshly caught (or more commonly bought) trout as the sun is going down.

The sink is useful for cleanup. the side table holds the smaller of my two stoves, the metal counter top provides plenty of workspace and is easily cleaned. It looks like the current version is a bit pricey but, as I said, its been around for a long time and has held up well.

Al

Old 08-29-2007, 10:22 AM   #17

Trailer: Burro 13 ft 1979
Quote:
With the majority of people on this forum camping in 13 to 17 foot Fiberglass RV's I was wondering if anyone owns and uses or has tried using an outdoor camp kitchen.

If seen several available such as the Coleman Exponent Outfitter Camp Kitchen, the GSI Outdoors Camp Gourmet Kitchen, the Lewis & Clark Folding Camp Kitchen or the Texsport Compact Camp Kitchen.

I'd love to hear people's reviews of these products if anyone has one of them.

Thanks
I think I read somewhere this Coleman kitchen weighs over 30 pounds. I was looking at them also somewhere and sure like that one. Looks to be built from strong pieces.
Dave
Old 08-29-2007, 03:13 PM   #18

Trailer: '77 Triple E Surfside
Quote:
Eric, we've had Coleman's predecessor to the model in your initial post for close to twenty years and have found it to be a useful addition to our gear. Most of our camping is done in National Forests where the amenities seldom consist of anything more than a picnic table and a combo grill and fire ring if that. We set up a screen room over the table which is usually 'fixed' and can't be moved. The 'kitchen' goes next to the grill for additional table space for cooking accessories. For us, a big part of the camping experience is cooking breakfast and dinner outside. Nothing beats bacon. eggs and coffee around a morning fire unless its enjoying an adult beverage with the wife while grilling freshly caught (or more commonly bought) trout as the sun is going down.

The sink is useful for cleanup. the side table holds the smaller of my two stoves, the metal counter top provides plenty of workspace and is easily cleaned. It looks like the current version is a bit pricey but, as I said, its been around for a long time and has held up well.
Al

Thanks Al,
I was thinking that if it held up even 10 or so years, It would be worth trying.
I like the way you perfectly described cooking outside (obviously a camp kitchen table is not needed for this), because you are right.. nothing much compares to it.
Old 08-29-2007, 03:16 PM   #19

Trailer: '77 Triple E Surfside
Quote:
I think I read somewhere this Coleman kitchen weighs over 30 pounds. I was looking at them also somewhere and sure like that one. Looks to be built from strong pieces.
Dave

I agree, It does look good and strong. And since it's a Coleman, I have no problems putting some faith in it.
I'll have to wait until the next time I am near a Cabela's etc. and pick one up; or who knows maybe Santa Claus will send me one for Xmas?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:22 PM   #20

Trailer: Eggless at the moment
Quote:
I agree, It does look good and strong. And since it's a Coleman, I have no problems putting some faith in it.
I'll have to wait until the next time I am near a Cabela's etc. and pick one up; or who knows maybe Santa Claus will send me one for Xmas?
The one I bought weighs 26 pounds. Very sturdy.

Bonnie