Outer Banks Egg Rally - adventure. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-09-2017, 01:46 PM   #1

Name: Jack
Trailer: Casita Liberty
Virginia
Outer Banks Egg Rally - adventure.

Wife, Nancy & dog, Finn & myself drove down 3.5 hours to the Rally. Had some cute campers on display. It was very nice. Nobody threw rocks or gave us the stink eye today. ( not like folks that already know us. ) Everyone was smiling & waving. ( Or maybe they noticed my new hair cut, & was waving to shoo me away? )
We saw a lot of egg shell campers. We stopped by a Oliver Camper & was invited in to look around. WOW!! We tried to get them to adopt us, but they were having no part of that. Now we know what to spend our Lottery winnings on, when they eventually let us win. Very well built & quality every where. Even the owners looked all shiny & new.
Our real mission on this day was to see a Lil Snoozy in it's natural environment. We have one on order but it's about 10 months before it becomes part of our family. WE were surprised to see 2 Snoozy"s parked there. BUT no one was there. They may of heard we were going to show up. We got out & stared at it & kept whispering "We are not Worthy, We are not worthy".
We drove circles around the Camping park, over & over hoping someone would come back. That is when we got out & talked to the nice Oliver Camper lady. Sadly we had to run down the road & show our little furry dog his first ocean.
All I got to say about that is, Finn did not like the water chasing him & I never saw any of those Burrs!. Finn got back to the truck & wow! We spent over a hour picking them damn BURRS off of him.
We made one last effort to catch a victim...er... a owner at the Snoozy. We did not see anyone & my wife decided to get out & make a bathroom run. When she got out she turned & I heard her yell out "HI HOW ARE YOU". I turned & saw a Snoozy owner sitting next to their Snoozy. I jumped out before they ran away & introduced ourselves. They were Joyce & Joe Brandt. ( JJB ) very nice folks. They answered our questions & gave us a nice tour. Told us about some of their adventures. One of the neat trips they took was to Alaska. That was a neat story. They had a sweet German Shepard. We kept bugging them...er...I mean talking to them until all of a sudden they excused themselves saying they had to pack, because they just remembered they had to go back to Alaska.
All kidding aside Joe & Joyce were sweet like their dog & every one we met was pleasant. We WILL be going to next years egg rally in our new Snoozy.
jgilliam1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:29 AM   #2

Name: Tom
Trailer: Outfitter truck campper
Colorado
Great trip, Jack - enjoyed the write-up. Those beach burrs can be brutal! Enjoy your new Snoozy!
TomandCallie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rally