Outside chair/lounge? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #1

Name: Arlon
Trailer: 2002 Casita Bunk Delux
Texas
Outside chair/lounge?

I'm finding that the best survival technique for staying in a Casita is learning how to stay out of it. The 5th wheel had a living room with a recliner, the living room for the Casita is outside. Now I'm on a quest for a really comfy folding chair (if such a thing exists).

What are some of you using for outside furniture that is comfy for extended sits and still fits in the trailer or tow vehicle?
2006 Xterra MT (for sale)
arlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:08 AM   #2

Name: Sean
Trailer: 1984 Uhaul CT 13
Georgia
Registry
Wife bought us a couple of these:
Summit Rocker - Intersource Enterprises D09-1119 - Folding Chairs - Camping World
They fold flat so I lay them on top the bed when traveling. They're comfortable. Wife has added a lumbar pillow to hers and loves it.
My U-haul Camper Blog
knighth001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:22 AM   #3

Name: Dave & Kathie
Trailer: 2013 Escape 21
Oregon
Registry
We love our Lafuma knockoffs of their zero gravity chair. Lot's of companies make them. Here's one from Camping World: Mac Sports Recliner - Mac Sports C845SXLT-103 - Recliners - Camping World They are very comfortable! Good Luck!

Dave and Kathie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #4

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlon
I'm finding that the best survival technique for staying in a Casita is learning how to stay out of it.
I'm saving this one. Economy of expression in the great tradition!

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #5

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Such a thing DOES exist. Check out the Strongback chair website and watch the video. They're like the cheapy folding chairs that go in a tubular bag like those $10 or less ones from Walmart. They are far and away better built with better materials. They also have lumbar support. Both of us have very bad backs and we can comfortably spend the entire evening in them. They're kinda pricey at $79.95 but worth EVERY CENT.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:45 PM   #6

Name: Arlon
Trailer: 2002 Casita Bunk Delux
Texas
Cost is not nearly as iportant as comfort. Good ideas. I didn't know some of those things even existed.
2006 Xterra MT (for sale)
arlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #7

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
We bought a pair of Ming's Mark 36027 captain chairs that come with a foot rest that has a removable table top, so it's either a footrest, or the table top sets on the footstool. They have a nice high back, are $65 at Amazon. We have a 12 X 12 Eureka Northern Breeze screen house that has flaps to close it in. That was our living room / dining room for the 3 months we spent south this winter. Had in it those two chairs, TV, picnic table, dorm fridge, toaster, coffee pot, two electric heaters and a camp table with storage compartments, and a camping/patio mat on the floor.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #8

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
We bought a pair of Ming's Mark 36027 captain chairs that come with a foot rest that has a removable table top, so it's either a footrest, or the table top sets on the footstool. They have a nice high back, are $65 at Amazon. We have a 12 X 12 Eureka Northern Breeze screen house that has flaps to close it in. That was our living room / dining room for the 3 months we spent south this winter. Had in it those two chairs, TV, picnic table, dorm fridge, toaster, coffee pot, two electric heaters and a camp table with storage compartments, and a camping/patio mat on the floor.
And, you forgot, Mary's sewing machine and enough space to add two more UHaulers for great spaghetti and meatballs.
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #9

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Jane: Did we have those chairs when you were there? We ordered them while we were at Jekyll, then later ordered a larger patio mat for in the screen house, and a camp table that has storage compartments. It was a problem fitting all the extra stuff that we bought into the car to get back home.
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #10

Name: Jane and Greg
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
South Carolina
Thumbs up

You had ordered the chairs, but they had not arrived. Can't imagine how you got all your stuff back to NY...you must be very creative packers. (I am picturing you looking like the Clamperts!) Greg said to tell you our new windows are in and he installed the air conditioner while I was in Iowa...George and Rhonda, NC UHaulers, stopped, inspected his work and said he passed. I got home yesterday and it looks good. Had an inch of rain and only one little leak..better than the gushing streams with the old windows.
Jane SC is offline   Reply With Quote