Overnight Stay With Harvest Hosts - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-08-2017, 08:03 PM   #1
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Overnight Stay With Harvest Hosts

I was wondering has anybody ever used Harvest Hosts for an over night stay? From what I've read you can stay at a Winery or Farm that belongs to this group for free, but you do have to buy a membership for $44 a year. Apparently they are all across the states.

https://harvesthosts.com/
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 08:12 PM   #2

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBB View Post
I was wondering has anybody ever used Harvest Hosts for an over night stay? From what I've read you can stay at a Winery or Farm that belongs to this group for free, but you do have to buy a membership for $44 a year. Apparently they are all across the states.

https://harvesthosts.com/
Just remember that you are expected to make a purchase from the host by way of courtesy. A lot of the Harvest Host are wineries and micro breweries that works out OK if you like to drink wine frequently.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:33 PM   #3

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
harvest host

Jan Thanks so much for posting this. I was totally unaware that this camping opportunity existed and intend to join post haste. I have perused the site and it seems a good fit for us. Certainly one could make a purchase or two at the host site and still be well ahead of paying $30.00 plus per night at a typical rv campground. Don't drink alcoholic beverages ? well your purchase might make excellent gifts for friends or relatives who do. Anyway thanks for posting good to have another tool in the toolbox. Lee
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:33 PM   #4

Name: Peg
Trailer: 2016 -13' Scamp
Massachusetts
We are into our second year with Harvest Hosts and love the experience(s). We've camped in the parking lot of the RV Hall of Fame in Indiana, 3 wineries in Ohio, and a winery in New York State where my great-grandfather once worked.

This year we hope to branch out and do a few farm stays during harvest season. There are so many choices.

We always buy a couple bottles of wine when we stay. That is half the fun! And $40 a year for membership is tremendous - that is often the price of ONE night at a campground. With HH, you can camp every night of the year.
herons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:03 PM   #5

Name: RandyB
Trailer: The BIG "O"
New Hampshire
My membership is up this month and I plan to renew it, I find it well worth the money.

We only do a couple BIG trips annually, so using HH and just doing small weekend trips is WAYYYY better than booking into an overcrowded, either drunk adults or loud kidfest campground, when it's just the wife and I looking to escape. So many of the hosts are near empty after sunset and it is so peaceful.

As far as wineries, they all sell other things besides the alcohol products. So setting yourself up with cheese and crackers and snacks from their other items can accomplish the same purpose.
RandyNH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:44 PM   #6

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Dogs are welcome only with prior permission...and where to walk them is a question. No outdoor BBQs or fires, generally. No utilities, no water, no electricity, no sewer or dump sites. Trees and shade only around the edges of the parking lot--if then. Generally, no public restrooms or showers. Curfews. No noise after certain hours, and keep it way down otherwise. They're running a business here.

It is a great deal if you are set up for it.
We considered it but realized we're not set up for it.

Those who are--our BEST!

Kai
Old 03-10-2017, 12:44 PM   #7

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
^^^Not entirely true. Each site is different and the HH website tells you about that. Many allow pets, but I make a point to inform/ask the host beforehand as a courtesy. And some have hookups of one kind or another. But one firm requirement is your rig must be fully self-contained. For some of us with small rigs, a portable pooper satisfies this requirement.
MA Weiser is offline   Reply With Quote