Overnighting at Walmart - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 10-21-2007, 05:21 PM   #15
Name: Karen
Trailer: Formerly Bigfoot 25RB21 and Scamp 19
My only concern was I've never pulled the covers up to my chin in a public parking lot before. Just wanted to know if it was safe.
I've done it a grand total of twice now, so speaking from "experience," I felt safe because there were a few other people parked in trailers/RVs near me and because people came and went from the Wal-Mart all night long (including, in both instances, zamboni-like parking lot cleaners). Of course, that's the down side to it - I felt perfectly safe but got almost no sleep the first night because it was pretty noisy. The second night I was so exhausted I slept through the traffic, the zamboni and the 24 hour security driving around the parking lot. It was OK to do in a pinch during a cross-country drive, but I don't recommend it unless there are no other options available.

Karen T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 05:25 PM   #16
Trailer: Scamp
Send a message via Yahoo to Pete Dumbleton
I always ask the management even if a 'no camping' sign is up. The Durango WM was signed that way but the manager told me that he had an unofficial understanding with the local CG owners (Guess who's behind a lot of the laws?) that one overnight was OK.

If there isn't an obvious place to park, I ask inside when I ask if it's OK. Preferred places are away from the main exit so customers and employees won't wake you up. I also park almost directly under one of the lights, which makes for less light inside and more light outside.

Pete Dumbleton is offline   Reply With Quote