Owner said make an offer.... - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #21

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
I'm sorry, I was speaking about those who have already looked at the camper.
Prices always go up in the spring.
You need to answer all your questions before you go to look at anything.
Your in a good location to buy a new Scamp.
If you can't work on it yourself and or install new floors, repair windows etc.
Things To consider when buying a used trailer.
There is always another trailer, don't do anything until you have answered all your questions.
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:04 PM   #22

Name: chad
Trailer: 1975 Scamp- Super Cozy Ambulatory Mega Party, 1980 Boler B1500 15'
Alaska
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggless View Post
I don't want anything for free but don't want to overpay either. I don't know if it's better to pay more for a new or less for an old. As i am new to the fiberglass world, i am wary of what could be hidden problems. I have cash either way and do not need to worry about a loan....but i always wonder....what if i wait....will i find something less expensive or does the price tend to go up closer to spring....
There doesn't seem like there could be too many hidden problems on a 13' if you can do a thorough pre-buy inspection. Floors, frame, shell and appliances working is about the gyst of it. The overall condition of it should hint right off the bat how thorough your inspection will need to be.
AKSCAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #23

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Cricket, do you plan on camping right away or are you waiting for next Spring? Will you need to winter the trailer over? If you're still wanting to go camping this year... remember, the one thing you can NEVER get back is time. I'm not encouraging to make this purchase since I haven't seen the trailer. But I do know plenty of people that have regrets because they kept waiting and waiting and waiting... for that perfect trailer at the perfect price to come along and they lost out on all the experiences and memories they could have made while waiting.

Best of luck in your decision
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #24

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
As I remember there's a date with Mt. Rushmore this month, right. That's not much breathing room for a shakedown and getting to "know the ropes." I understand the pressure that you're putting on yourself to please your family. If you're thinking maybe this ain't so doable this yr., that's alright too. It's OK to go for it but it's also OK to consider a rational, if deferred, route to gratification and act accordingly. Got to follow your heart while using your brain, not always an easy task for any of us. Is there any chance you could lease a trailer for the Rushmore trip? I know Camping World rents some truck campers in my neck of the woods. Could there be some operations which do the same in your area?

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #25

Name: Cricket
Trailer: 2005 Scamp 13'
Minnesota
The Rushmore trip is only if we find a suitable trailer, hubby and get off work and said trailer is fully functional and ready to roll. That said, we may stick closer to home and head to WI to go to my sister's.....Rushmore wasn't carved in stone...
Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote