Pack Mule - Page 5 - Fiberglass RV

Old 03-11-2007, 01:17 PM   #57
Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft
A fishing rod or two. Ok, four or five. A shotgun and a couple of cases of shells just in case a Sporting Clays course is nearby. A camera with way too many lens and and attachments. A few tennis balls for the mutt to chase and chew on. Several cans of Beanie Wennies and a spoon to eat them with. The rest of the stuff in the trailer is just junk that I can somehow make do without.

Texas Charles

Charles Richerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:19 PM   #58
Trailer: Surfside TM14 1974
Jan and Anne,

What marvelous ideas! Jan, I never thought of doing laundry that way but now that you mention it, of course it makes perfect sense! What a great idea about the sloshing tubs.

Anne, I hear you about the ice. It's an absolute must-have for me and I have a seperate cooler for my ice that will keep much of it frozen for almost 3 days. I'll also pre-freeze small milk jugs with water. There's usually still a cold block by day three, and when I bring out the icy lemonade or iced tea, I'll often get surprised looks from other boondovkers who wonder where the heck I got ice in the middle of no-where. It helps to have a fridge that runs on propane, too.

Thanks for the feedback!

- Miriam

Miriam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:38 PM   #59
Name: james
Trailer: Boler 1984
The old backer way is to use a green garbage bag. Add a gallon of warm water, a tablespoon of detergent and bounce it on the ground for a few minutes. Empty into hole away from campsite add clean rinse water and repeat. A good bag will last several washings and takes up almost no space with your gear. After your done with it haul out your old rubbish and place in camp bearproof litter container.

james kent is offline   Reply With Quote