Park Liner, Egg Camper, Lil Snoozy - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-02-2012, 07:03 AM   #1

Trailer: Bigfoot 21 ft Front Bed
Park Liner, Egg Camper, Lil Snoozy

My wife and I visited the Scamp factory and concluded the bed was too narrow. Did stay at a wonderful B&B in Brainerd, The Whitely Creek Homestead. We are now looking at Park Liners, Egg Campers and Lil Snoozy. Any coming close to Southern WI, Northern IL or Eastern IA this summer?
DavidWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #2

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
Come on over to Michigan and visit the Egg Camper factory in Grandville (suburb of Grand Rapids). We chose ours for the human sized bed, the spaciousness, and the factory being less than 50 miles from home. The Egg Camper works well for taller people (I'm not one) because of being a few inches taller and wider inside. For example, a guy 6'5" would still have head & bed space.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:29 AM   #3

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidWW View Post
My wife and I visited the Scamp factory and concluded the bed was too narrow. Did stay at a wonderful B&B in Brainerd, The Whitely Creek Homestead. We are now looking at Park Liners, Egg Campers and Lil Snoozy. Any coming close to Southern WI, Northern IL or Eastern IA this summer?
Were you aware of the option of a 54" (fullsize) bed option available in the Scamp deluxe? A deluxe Scamp is competitive in price with a standard EggCamper or L'il Snoozy while offering the finest interior in the industry.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:20 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Parkliner article from their facebook if interested
Gibsonville entrepreneur making ultra light campers | gibsonville, light, making - Burlington Times News
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #5

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Beat me to it, Floyd! LOL. AMAZING what 10 extra inches will do. I did not think it would make enough of a difference until I personally saw it and laid down on it. Took what I thought was going to be a marginal sleeping area at best to a completely aweseome arrangement! Pix do not show or give the true feeling for space.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:36 PM   #6

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
I agree the bed space in even the Scamp Deluxe is to small for alot of people traveling with two people in the camper. I had one and even though that bed might be 10" wider it still is curved and smaller on the inside edge.
The twin bed mode of the Casita might work better or the three bed Spirit Deluxe with one having the bigger bed and one having the smaller bed.

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #7

We looked at the Scamp Deluxe and didn't like the way the counter top extended over the bed. We had an 05 Casita Spirit and may go back to that. Looking for some insulation which the Casita lacked. Don't know why they don't add the foil insulation like the Scamp.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #8

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Hi: DavidWW...Check out the Escape line of trailers. The 19'er and 5.0 both have Queen sized beds. Escape Trailer Industries > Home Light weight with lots of room and storage space galore.
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #9

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karalyn View Post
I agree the bed space in even the Scamp Deluxe is to small for alot of people traveling with two people in the camper. I had one and even though that bed might be 10" wider it still is curved and smaller on the inside edge.
The twin bed mode of the Casita might work better or the three bed Spirit Deluxe with one having the bigger bed and one having the smaller bed.
While it is true that the Scamp is curved at the back, it is the full 78" only about 3" from the back.At 6ft I can't actually get close enough to the back wall for the curvature to matter. As for going to a larger trailer, sure but you are entering another whole class in size at 17ft.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:24 PM   #10

Name: Jason
Trailer: Egg Camper
Tennessee
The full size mattress in an EggCamper leaves room around it, but the counter is just a little too close to fit a queen...properly. Though I do admit I have thought about trying it. We travel with two cats and they like to curl up in the spaces left between the walls and the mattress, so it works out in the end.

Jason
SilverGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #11

We gave owned a 19' Escape but didn't like the end dinette. Good storage.queen bed and towed well though. Also owned a 21' Big Foot but that was too heavy for us. So we are looking.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #12

Registry
Quote:
We looked at the Scamp Deluxe and didn't like the way the counter top extended over the bed. We had an 05 Casita Spirit and may go back to that. Looking for some insulation which the Casita lacked. Don't know why they don't add the foil insulation like the Scamp.
That's why it's call Custom Deluxe, you can have it built without the counter top extending over the bed.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #13

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Quote:
We gave owned a 19' Escape but didn't like the end dinette. Good storage.queen bed and towed well though. Also owned a 21' Big Foot but that was too heavy for us. So we are looking.
David, with 19' Escape and 21' BigFoot owner experience under your belt I'm curious what model Scamps you toured at Backus. Also your comparative impressions of the 19' fifth wheel Scamp if that entered your calculus. TIA

Bob
KamperBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:14 AM   #14

Floyd, Didn't know about eliminating the counter over the bed, thanks. KamperBob, We looked at the regular and deluxe 16' models with side dinettes and a couple of 13' models which were too small for us. We didn't consider the fifth wheel because we are selling our Tundra quad cab and replacing it with a Highlander. The truck was getting to be too much of a hassle maneuvering around small parking lots because of it's long wheel base.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:19 AM   #15

Forgot to add tha t while visiting our son yesterday we saw a trailer made by Thor that was in the 17-19' range, 7' wide with one axle, gray color, attractive cover over the lp tanks, fiberglass covered and sort of egg shaped. Can't find it on the Thor website so if anyone knows what trailer this is please let us know.
Old 07-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #16

Registry
It's probably the big brother to the T@B ...It's called the T@DA.
It's not a molded fiberglass but it is well made, except that the ceiling height is very low.

T@DA (TADA) small travel trailer review - Roaming Times
Old 07-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #17

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Floyd, am I missing something here as my counter does not extend over the bed and I wasnt asked if I wanted anything different??

David, Thor is no longer making either the T@b or the larger Tada. Little Guy is now making the T@b but I dont think they have plans for the Tada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
That's why it's call Custom Deluxe, you can have it built without the counter top extending over the bed.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #18

Floyd, You are correct,it was a T@DA we saw. Thanks
Old 07-04-2012, 04:47 PM   #19

Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
Floyd, am I missing something here as my counter does not extend over the bed and I wasnt asked if I wanted anything different??

Did you order a Custom Deluxe? If so, did you ask for any custom modifications or just pick a layout? The part extending over the bed only happens with a certain Deluxe layout choice.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:20 PM   #20

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Melissa, would it be possible to add a hinged, fold-down piece that you could put up when desired to extend the countertop? Then fold it back down before bed.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote