Parking at Walmart - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2017, 09:42 PM   #61

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceskater10 View Post
The Walmart in Colorado Springs is now posting signs that say no Truck, RV or Trailer parking overnight. I thought they were RV friendly
This is because some areas in Colorado Springs are to dangerous to park in overnight plus there's a problem with people living in the parking lots. These free loaders do damage and leave trash. So now Walmart has had to change their policies. The one in Salida, CO now says 24 hour parking only or you'll be towed. We used to see RV's there for weeks. So a few ruined it for the rest of us that don't make messes. Colorado Springs also had to not allow parking on the street at America the Beautiful Park near downtown because they found feces, tons of garbage, etc.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 02:42 AM   #62

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by stude View Post
::: What I suggest you do is go to the Service desk and ask them, they will tell you yay or nay and if nay the reason why. The town could have brought out a ordinance saying no parking in parking lots overnight, if this is the case your not going to park in any parking lot. Barstow had a similar case only it was the Manager of the store that stopped overnighters. took about 3 years and they got rid of that manager and the new one a lady was all for it so long as they came in and got permission for the Service people, but even they cannot fight a Ordinance. You can park long enough to go shopping and or have dinner but have to move on.
Stude
:yes we had that same situation in Cleveland, the police came to out door and told us we should move out and find a better area to park in or we would wake up in the morning without tires and rims, possibly more missing, we thanked them and moved to a different location Walmart about 20 miles away and all I can tell u driving in the US at night is hell as u cannot see the winters pot holes.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:15 AM   #63

Name: Jann
Trailer: Casita
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by floyd View Post
So how long does it take to have dinner or go shopping?
I know a few who can take days, are they chalking tires or do they have an app for that?
There are many cities that don't allow parking in any parking lots including Walmart overnight. One is Durango Colorado. The police there are pretty nasty also. Had a run in with them last summer. The gas station caused a problem and wouldn't fix it so I called the cops and they reamed me out. Told them I most likely wouldn't be back to Durango again. They calmed down and said they hoped I'd come back but use a different gas station. I said I didn't need the problems and unfriendliness of the area. There are signs all over shopping centers of no parking that it is a city ordinance.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:21 PM   #64

Name: alan
Trailer: looking
Colorado
Today's N.Y. Times has an article titled Overnight in Walmart Parking Lots: Silence, Solace and Refuge. It's URL is:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/14/u...arking-rv.html
minke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:09 PM   #65

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
sam waltons intent

mr Walton was a camper in his early years he understood about overnights and he was very smart in offering his parking for overnight camping. Not prolonged camping but come in buy some stuff spend the night and be on your way.

I hope all this bad behavior doesn't mess it up for the rest of us! Now we have Kroenke involved as the owner developer of most of the walmarts now so who knows what can happen.

I do know this we recently had a double homicide at an rv park near to us so is any place really safe now?

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:51 PM   #66

Name: Steve
Trailer: Escape 15A
Minnesota
Registry
If I'm on the road and just need some shut-eye between sundown and sunup, I could see parking overnight at a Walmart. I wouldn't call it "camping" though.
Steve Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote