Parkliner - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV

Old 09-26-2012, 05:53 PM   #15

Name: Patricia
Trailer: 2000 13' Scamp
Alabama
I hope they make a go with the Parkliner and stay in business.We want one real bad but just can't manage it at this time. We were thinking about a Casita because of the larger bed but when we saw this one we knew we had to have it. We think in a year we will be ready but in the meantime we are enjoying reading about them and seeing all the pictures. Would like to see where a Tv would mount.

Old 09-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #16

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
I didn't ask about the TV because that's not of interest for us. But My sense is he'll be around for awhile. A new startup in a weak economy, growing slowly and only in response to demand and carefully training employees. And a very good product. I think at least in the short term his prospects are very good.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #17

Name: Mimi
Trailer: Parkliner
Florida
You're welcome for the sink Walt. It was a deal maker/breaker for us, and I was delighted how accommodating they were to the request and very pleased with how he addressed it in his design.

The combined tank also gave us pause, but obviously we got over it and bought it anyways. The Hepva traps and anti-backflow valves on all the drains gives peace of mind. And after the two nights, I agree 100% with Donna and Kirkman. It's all goes the place anyways, so their is a benefit in that you only have to drain one tank vs two when its time to dump. BUT, you really do have to be mindful of total capacity. (more on that when I post my debrief )

Sorry I can't confirm the specs on the LEDs, Chandler ordered and installed them for us, I'm sure he can give you the specs. The three lights above the sofa seating, above the sink and in the bath are LEDs. I found them bright enough and like that they didn't give off extra heat. The center overhead light wasn't changed out and instead was a standard incandescent bulb.

Susie,
Regarding the bed, the foam is very nice and comfortable. I'll preface the next comment, that all four of us slept shortways on it (parents sleep better not worrying about a tyke falling out of bunk bed) so it may be a different experience for most. While the foam was nice firmness, not hard, supportive but not too squishy, the decorative rolled edges where the cushions meet not so comfortable to sleep on. The first night in a sleeping bag, I didn't feel those seams. The second night was warm and I ended up out of the bag and was very aware of them. However,the edges are running the other direction when sleeping normal direction so again, when we get the safety rail addressed I may have a different opinion

We got the fixed toilet, it was a tough decision and we waffled alot, mostly due to the combined waste water tank, not because of space savings. PRO: There is convenience factor. Just one waste tank to deal with and it's always ready to go. Having used that closet for a clothes hamper, I have to say, I am glad I don't have to flip that door and lug that potti out of that chamber to go and get up and shove it back in afterwards. And lug it out, disassemble to dump. Con: But when its a stored away PortoPOtty you have more leg room, and potty stays dry in closet. Less water utilization and hence waste water volume (remember limited waste holding tank / 4ppl). And there is something the mind likes about keeping bio waste separate though, I admit.

Tried to get all the question I saw pop up on the thread, hopefully got em all. Hope to see some fellow Parkliners on the road!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #18

SW Virginia
Mimi:
Great response post. thank you.
Background on the waste system. Our Casita came with a 13 Gal. grey tank and 8 gal. black tank and I replaced the grey with a 40 gal grey tank. So total the Parkliner comes in a bit better total than the standard Casita, but a lot below my modded one. Obviously I've decided to live with that, since I've ordered. One major disadvantage about the combined tank is that the grey tank can be dumped on the ground in many places with no harm, even i my back yard. That's not true of the combined tank.
I'm hoping Chandler can give me the model numbers of the incandescent bulbs, and/or the fixtures so I can research a good LED replacement myself. I've done that on both my Casitas and it really helps when boondocking, as we often do.
I had earlier replaced all the p-traps with Hepvos on my Casita, so I know the great benefit they offer. When I learned Parkliners had already done that I was really impressed.
Regarding the bed, we'll probably get a topper pretty quickly, but may try a fiber one this time, rather than memory foam. Much less expensive, and doesn't trap the heat.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #19

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Walt,
with boondocking do you think the 12 Volt 20Amp flush rating will drain the battery too fast?

Mimi,
it the toilet flush as loud as the water pump or Less/more? Just curious about night time. Thanks. (and more important congrats on your purchase!)
Old 09-27-2012, 12:39 AM   #20

Florida
The fresh water pump is a low hum. The toilet flush makes the normal swoosh then a hum a tad louder than the pump. But that pump that takes the shower and sink water out-- that one is loud and awkward- like a person wearing a mic slurping down a bowl of noodles! We were weirded out!
Old 09-27-2012, 07:05 AM   #21

SW Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C View Post
Walt,
with boondocking do you think the 12 Volt 20Amp flush rating will drain the battery too fast?
Ken:
I did order the optional second battery, so I hope that will handle it fine. I confess I would prefer the old fashioned type of toilet like the Sealand Traveler in my Casita, to the macerating one, but that wasn't an option.

Walt
Old 09-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #22

Name: Ken
Trailer: No Trailer Yet
US
Appreciate it. I have not seen a Parkliner yet. Where is the pump that takes the shower and sink water out? Is this a third pump? In other words, you have the water pump, then the Macerator toilet pump, then the third that takes the shower and sink water out? Thanks.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:43 AM   #23

SW Virginia
Ken:
You just made me realize I need to learn more about the whole plumbing system. It's not a simple system ala the Casita.
Old 09-27-2012, 12:04 PM   #24

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken C
Appreciate it. I have not seen a Parkliner yet. Where is the pump that takes the shower and sink water out? Is this a third pump? In other words, you have the water pump, then the Macerator toilet pump, then the third that takes the shower and sink water out? Thanks.
Yes, three pumps.
1.)Flojet automatic water system pump for the fresh water
2.)Macerator pump on the Sealand toilet
3.)JABSCO shower drain and Bilge pump. This third pump must be turned on when using either the shower and bath sink. It is under the bottom corner of the bath floor. The switch is installed by the faucet. If you forget to turn it on you will stand in a pool of water when you shower and if you use the sink the water will do down the sink drain but come back up the shower drain and pool in the tub at your feet. You have turn it off when done running water --but not to worry you won't forget to because you will want to make that slurping noise stop!
Old 09-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #25

Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP
Ken:
You just made me realize I need to learn more about the whole plumbing system. It's not a simple system ala the Casita.
Not having owned any kind of trailer before we don't even know what we don't know yet! And have no basis for comparisons-- not sure if that is for better or worse
Old 09-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #26

Name: Ed
Trailer: 1982 Fiber Stream and 2002 Casita Freedom Deluxe,The driveway is a Dark & Lonely Place now!
Missouri
Scamp uses a Bilge pump for the Shower Drain too.
I think it uses a flow switch though so the operation is more automatic if the pump circuit is powered already?
Old 09-27-2012, 04:51 PM   #27

SW Virginia
Hi Ed
The owner of Parkliner had a Scamp, so perhaps that is one reason for his choices. Personally after almost 4 trouble-free years with the far simpler systems in Casitas, I don't understand why anyone would design a complicated system like the Parkliner. A lot more complexity to go wrong, gotta cost more, and more difficult to winterize, with no benefits that I can see. Gravity works!!! I guess I'll learn.

See you at PineKnot?

Walt
Old 09-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #28

Name: Floyd
Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
IllAnnoy
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimi Lee View Post
Yes, three pumps.
1.)Flojet automatic water system pump for the fresh water
2.)Macerator pump on the Sealand toilet
3.)JABSCO shower drain and Bilge pump. This third pump must be turned on when using either the shower and bath sink. It is under the bottom corner of the bath floor. The switch is installed by the faucet. If you forget to turn it on you will stand in a pool of water when you shower and if you use the sink the water will do down the sink drain but come back up the shower drain and pool in the tub at your feet. You have turn it off when done running water --but not to worry you won't forget to because you will want to make that slurping noise stop!
Scamp uses a manual on/off switch to power the shower evacuation pump.
On ours,we added a bright red LED light to the bulkhead on the galley side which is wired to the switch.
This prevents overlooking the pump (which is quiet enough to do so) especially when the television, A/C, or furnace is running.

Tags
parkliner