Parkliner base price increase. Wow! - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-03-2016, 04:24 PM   #1
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Parkliner base price increase. Wow!

The new management did give warning that a price increase was coming. I figured a few hundred, maybe a thousand. The base price has jumped from $16900 to $19900. All I can say is WOW! Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 05:34 PM   #2

Name: Anne
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner 2016 Honda Pilot
North Carolina
Anything different in the base features?
neparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:31 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
You know how to take care of that?? Back to Scamp/Casita and show them that price does NOT have to be paid with the competition out there- especially for a 15'er! I'd go Escape with a preference ratio 10 to 1 over a Parkliner ANY day if I was paying that kind of money! I've never been that impressed with them from the beginning.
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:47 AM   #4

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
I talked with Tom in early June. He said he wanted a $5k price boost but the new owner settled on $3k.
With all the improvements since my 2012 I was considering one, but decided the combined black and grey holding tank was still a deal breaker.

Walt
Old 08-04-2016, 09:52 AM   #5

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Combined black/grey tank???? Boy that's a first for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
I talked with Tom in early June. He said he wanted a $5k price boost but the new owner settled on $3k.
With all the improvements since my 2012 I was considering one, but decided the combined black and grey holding tank was still a deal breaker.

Walt
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:34 AM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Black & Grey = Wastewater

Yes, it took me a while to realize the Parkliner - one of which we have on order - has only one tank for both. But, that is with the optional flush toilet ; which is actually a marine macerator type. It grinds up the lumps and paper and sends it with water to the holding tank. Makes dumping easier.
I think the standard "porta-potty" has a black tank you have to dump separately.

As to the price increase ... we lucked out. were alerted to it coming July 1st ... but if we got our order in before, would get the old price.
Tom's explanation was that the owner insisted on top quality materials and appliances so they were not profitable at the old price.
I guess the old saying that "you get what you pay for" applies here.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 04:03 PM   #7
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darral T. View Post
You know how to take care of that?? Back to Scamp/Casita and show them that price does NOT have to be paid with the competition out there- especially for a 15'er! I'd go Escape with a preference ratio 10 to 1 over a Parkliner ANY day if I was paying that kind of money! I've never been that impressed with them from the beginning.
Actually I like the size. I also like the windows and the Queen bed. But for 20k you can get a Casita 17, and with the current exchange rate you are close to a Escape 17 B. I suspect a Scamp 16 deluxe has to be there as well. It will be interesting to see if they sell. Raz
Old 08-04-2016, 05:35 PM   #8

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
I would much rather pay the increase for a better product and service, than the original price with all the troubles that were formerly attached.

While it is true that you can get an Escape 17B for nearly the same price before options, I still think the PL will sell fairly well.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 06:16 PM   #9

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I would much rather pay the increase for a better product and service, than the original price with all the troubles that were formerly attached.
The above answers very nicely the question "Anything different in the base features?"
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:14 PM   #10

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
If the value is there, Parkliner will sell trailers. Oliver and Bigfoot are selling trailers, and they come with a hefty price. The new small molded fiberglass Airstream is rumored to be over 50K.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:25 PM   #11

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
The Parkliner is a great trailer for anyone who doesn't mind the combined holding tank. If not for that I would have ordered one myself. I hope they do well.

Walt
Old 08-04-2016, 10:04 PM   #12

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Snoozy's price is up there already, too. So PL is comparable to several mfrs.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:37 AM   #13
Raz

As the Escape price includes a cook top, fridge (bigger), awning, water heater, and furnace,. Right now it's cheaper. With those items the Parkliner is up to about $23k.
Old 08-05-2016, 07:30 AM   #14

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
As the Escape price includes a cook top, fridge (bigger), awning, water heater, and furnace,. Right now it's cheaper. With those items the Parkliner is up to about $23k.
I had assumed those were standard items. Especially a furnace.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 09:58 AM   #15
Raz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bennett View Post
I had assumed those were standard items. Especially a furnace.
No and the fridge is a 1.9 ft^3. When Escape increased their price they sweetened the deal a little the way the car companies did by making what used to be optional, standard. Increase the profits while giving the customer something.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:42 AM   #16

Name: Bill
Trailer: Parkliner 2013
North Carolina
One thing to consider regarding the ParkLiner price increase is that there had been no price change since the 2012 introduction of the ParkLiner. My feeling is that the Parkliner was priced too low to begin with. Further built-in optional accessories were also priced with too low a margin to be sustainable in the long run. In my opinion, a great many of the problems experienced by ParkLiner's original management (and customers) were, at least in part, due to pricing that was too low to support the staff required to provide quality customer service. To me, the current price increase is not excessive and should help the firm recoup past losses and provide the resources necessary for survival.

Of course, you should take my opinions with a grain of salt since we took delivery of our ParkLiner in March, 2013 and paid the original price.
Bill Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 07:53 PM   #17

Name: Tab
Trailer: ParkLiner
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Berry View Post
One thing to consider regarding the ParkLiner price increase is that there had been no price change since the 2012 introduction of the ParkLiner. My feeling is that the Pantyliner was priced too low to begin with. Further built-in optional accessories were also priced with too low a margin to be sustainable in the long run. In my opinion, a great many of the problems experienced by ParkLiner's original management (and customers) were, at least in part, due to pricing that was too low to support the staff required to provide quality customer service. To me, the current price increase is not excessive and should help the firm recoup past losses and provide the resources necessary for survival.

Of course, you should take my opinions with a grain of salt since we took delivery of our ParkLiner in March, 2013 and paid the original price.
Hey Bill.....ehh you might want to edit your post.....just sayin....))
Roadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:25 PM   #18
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
I fixed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie1 View Post
Hey Bill.....ehh you might want to edit your post.....just sayin....))
I fixed it. Silly auto "correct"!
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:03 AM   #19

Name: Bill
Trailer: Parkliner 2013
North Carolina
Thanks Tab & Mary. I guess it takes a second (and third) set of eyes to master the technology.
Bill Berry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 09:06 AM   #20

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
No and the fridge is a 1.9 ft^3. When Escape increased their price they sweetened the deal a little the way the car companies did by making what used to be optional, standard. Increase the profits while giving the customer something.
True, so now I can't buy a new car since it is so chock full of crap I don't want and its all "FREE" (for only twice the money).
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner